Expired Hot Deals

[American Express] Amex Platinum - 60,000pts+free one additional platinum

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2019 5:00 pm
May 11, 2009
308 posts
127 upvotes
Vancouver
Found my answer in the thread - yes, supplementary card spending will count towards the 3k
Just to confirm, spending from either the primary or supplementary card will count towards the 3k minimum, right?

Just applied now and it still seemed to work, 60k points, free supp card. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2899 posts
409 upvotes
Why is this thread in expired when people can still apply?
Feb 26, 2009
201 posts
39 upvotes
Surrey, BC
ExcelPremium wrote:
Oct 19th, 2019 5:18 pm
Why is this thread in expired when people can still apply?
I agree...mods can you change back ?

Just make sure link is updated to the new one
AKA "canadude" :arrow: Howard Forums
Aug 26, 2015
105 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i6s1 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2019 10:02 pm
Yes.... the problem for me is that Mariott (where I usually stay) doesn't give loyalty perks when booked with a travel agency.

Fortunately I'm travelling a few times this year so I just booked some airline tickets with them to get the $200.

Some people book a hotel with a refundable rate and then just refund it the next month... but it's easier just to use it for airline tickets if you're going to be buying those anyway.
Hilton has done that too. I redeemed my BMO points for Hotel in Hawaii only to find out that it wasn’t eligible for Honors points or other benefits because they were considered a third party travel agent. And I couldn’t use the key app at the hotel either. I wonder if Amex has a different agreement with them since these hotels and programs are named.
Apr 23, 2017
415 posts
260 upvotes
Will the $200 plat travel credit be clawed back if the hotel reservation is cancelled?
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5913 posts
538 upvotes
Toronto
greg898 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2019 8:24 am
The current deal ends Jan 31 2020 and there isn't anything saying that they will continue the promotion after that so it's a bit of unknown. And with the free supplementary card you should be able to get 8 free nights since the second card gets it's own hotel statuses.

I haven't done it yet but I think you need to match to Wyndham rewards first then to Caesar's. The instructions should be online if you google their reward programs.
Do we have to book before jan 31 or actually start the stay before the date?

how much gambling activity do we have to show to not have the freebies taken away?
Oct 30, 2017
65 posts
62 upvotes
Ontario
greg123 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2019 11:17 pm
Do we have to book before jan 31 or actually start the stay before the date?

how much gambling activity do we have to show to not have the freebies taken away?
I'm pretty sure you have to start the stay before that date.

I don't think anyone knows exactly but it looks like it's at least 4 hours of rated play during your stay which probably has a betting minimum of $25 but that's not a sure thing. It could even be higher. Between that, the daily resort fees and expensive food it's really not that hot of a deal.
Aug 13, 2004
444 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
The code still works.... but here's the trick i used....

https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/c ... =100345107

For the RSVP code type in "SDPLAT11241241" (a bunch of extra numbers...) if it show you a weird error message (in red writing), then type SDPLAT1 (the real code) and it let me get my application in.

it also allowed me to add an extra user "free supplemental user" so that worked fine too
Jun 29, 2017
105 posts
63 upvotes
FJ2067 wrote: The code still works.... but here's the trick i used....

https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/c ... =100345107

For the RSVP code type in "SDPLAT11241241" (a bunch of extra numbers...) if it show you a weird error message (in red writing), then type SDPLAT1 (the real code) and it let me get my application in.

it also allowed me to add an extra user "free supplemental user" so that worked fine too
Only the link on the first page of the discussion is expired. However, the deal is still alive.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
17859 posts
2464 upvotes
Langley
I just applied for one for my wife.... are they still sending these out Fedex overnight? Hoping to get it Tuesday, we have a trip Friday and I want to use her card to get my friends into the Plaza Premium lounge in YVR and then the Centurion lounge in Houston.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11413 posts
1646 upvotes
Mississauga
i6s1 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2019 7:13 pm
I just applied for one for my wife.... are they still sending these out Fedex overnight? Hoping to get it Tuesday, we have a trip Friday and I want to use her card to get my friends into the Plaza Premium lounge in YVR and then the Centurion lounge in Houston.
I applied on a Tuesday and got it on Friday. I'm in the GTA though.
Jul 13, 2016
13 posts
5 upvotes
Does the Amex Supplementary card holder get their own separate hotel status from the the primary holder? The reason I ask, my spouse and I each have our own Marriott Bonvoy account.
Feb 26, 2009
201 posts
39 upvotes
Surrey, BC
StevenW038982 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2019 11:45 pm
Does the Amex Supplementary card holder get their own separate hotel status from the the primary holder? The reason I ask, my spouse and I each have our own Marriott Bonvoy account.
Yes each works as seperate cards for status
AKA "canadude" :arrow: Howard Forums
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
1894 posts
309 upvotes
Crossed $3k and no 60k points, cancelled previous plat card more than a year ago.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

chinook79