Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
American Express

Amex Platinum - 60,000pts+free one additional platinum

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2023 11:41 pm
Mar 9, 2008
843 posts
377 upvotes
it.beaulieu wrote: Got Wyndham matched for gf and I! Waiting for Caesar Diamond now. 8 days for Atlantis will be dreamy!
For matching status with Wyndham, do we match the Hilton or Marriott? With Ceasar is it only after you get Wyndham then you can get the Caesar Diamond status?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
1034 posts
353 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone come across having Hilton creating two accounts for you? I got an email last week from Hilton and another one this week with a different account number.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
2171 posts
874 upvotes
kkl1208 wrote: Has anyone come across having Hilton creating two accounts for you? I got an email last week from Hilton and another one this week with a different account number.
I wonder if one of them was meant for me XD I am still waiting almost a two weeks without Hilton status.
Sep 14, 2010
191 posts
232 upvotes
Montreal
haranzo wrote: For matching status with Wyndham, do we match the Hilton or Marriott? With Ceasar is it only after you get Wyndham then you can get the Caesar Diamond status?

Thanks
Either is fine. I picked Marriott. I was Gold and received Wyndham Diamond.
Nov 25, 2009
199 posts
80 upvotes
potential silly question. for the supplimentary card, does the other card holder have to be a spouse/partner?

Can i say sign up the supp card and give it to my brother in-law?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
eddyz wrote: potential silly question. for the supplimentary card, does the other card holder have to be a spouse/partner?
No.
eddyz wrote: Can i say sign up the supp card and give it to my brother in-law?
Yes. You could even put my name on it if you want.
Nov 3, 2016
114 posts
23 upvotes
it.beaulieu wrote: Either is fine. I picked Marriott. I was Gold and received Wyndham Diamond.
How long do we get the Wyndham Diamond after status matching?
Mar 9, 2008
843 posts
377 upvotes
So if Hilton and Marriott I used different email...I technically can get two status match at Wyndhamper each card... As long the two Wydham account use different emails....
Mar 9, 2008
843 posts
377 upvotes
vik369 wrote: How long do we get the Wyndham Diamond after status matching?
I think you get diamond automatically...I think you then need to match Ceasar using Wydham diamond.
Nov 25, 2009
199 posts
80 upvotes
and is the $200 travel credit only going to show up after the first year of ownership?

Or are you guys mainly planning ot cancel prior to year 2 to avoid paying the 699 fee?
Feb 26, 2009
304 posts
78 upvotes
Surrey, BC
eddyz wrote: and is the $200 travel credit only going to show up after the first year of ownership?

Or are you guys mainly planning ot cancel prior to year 2 to avoid paying the 699 fee?
The $200 credit should be seen right away in the Amex travel site
AKA "canadude" :arrow: Howard Forums
Nov 3, 2016
114 posts
23 upvotes
haranzo wrote: I think you get diamond automatically...I think you then need to match Ceasar using Wydham diamond.
So will I have Wyndham Diamond status as long as I have the Marriott gold elite?
Oct 17, 2003
462 posts
55 upvotes
Etobicoke
vik369 wrote: So will I have Wyndham Diamond status as long as I have the Marriott gold elite?
I set up Caesar diamond and tried to get 2 night in Dubai but was turned down for not earning the points.
Feb 10, 2015
14 posts
4 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
GenX wrote: I set up Caesar diamond and tried to get 2 night in Dubai but was turned down for not earning the points.
Hi All, got the card and I am starting to leverage slowly... new to Amex world.
In spirit to get best benefits, Could anyone be so kind to explain me the benefits being discussed here with upgrades and hotels (Hebrew to me).. I am aware of the "Fine hotel Collection perks", hotels I frankly find very expensive, some of them at least...

I also got them to set me up for membership at Golden Circle and such. I know you folks are discussing some benefits here.
PARTIULARLY, for VEGAS or FLORIDA, as I will be taking my family there.

pls and thanks!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2945 posts
3014 upvotes
Montréal
I recommend everybody who gets this cards signs up right away for priority pass and hotel status upgrades as they aren't instant activation. Got burnt with golden circle
Apr 23, 2017
901 posts
480 upvotes
thesubmitter wrote: I recommend everybody who gets this cards signs up right away for priority pass and hotel status upgrades as they aren't instant activation. Got burnt with golden circle
Burnt how?
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Sep 4, 2009
283 posts
253 upvotes
Milton, ON
Pprash01 wrote: Hi All, got the card and I am starting to leverage slowly... new to Amex world.
In spirit to get best benefits, Could anyone be so kind to explain me the benefits being discussed here with upgrades and hotels (Hebrew to me).. I am aware of the "Fine hotel Collection perks", hotels I frankly find very expensive, some of them at least...

I also got them to set me up for membership at Golden Circle and such. I know you folks are discussing some benefits here.
PARTIULARLY, for VEGAS or FLORIDA, as I will be taking my family there.

pls and thanks!
You'd want to status match your Marriott or Hilton gold status to wyndam diamond. I believe this is a 90 day diamond status challenge. But within those 90 days you can match it with casears diamond which will last 1 year I believe.

If you have the supplementary card I would do the exact same thing so you get double the casears diamond status and get can double the benefits. Should be able to get double the dining credits.

In terms of using your other hotel status, those benefits only apply when you book directly with the hotel. Or using amex fine Hotel collection. Also when you book thru amex, you can apply the $200 credit to your booking, which posted in my account within 24-48 hrs.

Sign up for the two priority passes (main + supplementary). You'll be able to bring in the two card holders + 2 additional guests or kids for lounges at the airport. ( I assuming you'll be flying your family to Vegas or Florida) you'll also be able to get into the centurion lounge at LAS.
Aug 26, 2015
308 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jessicacha wrote: amex telling me my hotel status enrollement went through yesterday but i haven't received any e-mails yet and hilton can't find me on their list :( fkin hell
Yeah, I applied for the Hilton status upgrade over a week ago and still nothing. But Marriott got the status in about a day. I didn't even get an email notification, just noticed it after I logged in.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
2171 posts
874 upvotes
tekguy26 wrote: Yeah, I applied for the Hilton status upgrade over a week ago and still nothing. But Marriott got the status in about a day. I didn't even get an email notification, just noticed it after I logged in.
me neither. no email for marriott. hilton at 2weeks now. nothing. amex is supposed to check with their backoffice and get back to me by tmr but if nothing then i am gonna try signing up with my supp card with my existing honors number (forgot to put down the honors number the first time so they were just supposed to create a new one so i could combine it later)
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13165 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
I passed $3K in spend last night and the 60,000 points got added right away.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)