• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 11:10 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6265 upvotes
Ginzasix wrote: How long does it take for the business platinum to arrive? I live in bc.
atomiton wrote: About a week or so. If you're in a rush, ask them nicely to rush it.
Amex uses Priority Overnight mail for Business Platinum and Personal Gold. I am in Vancouver BC and it took 2 business days only.
🤑 Amex Cobalt | MBNA RWE | Rogers MC
⛱️ Amex Platinum | Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
May 7, 2017
422 posts
223 upvotes
EdisonL299 wrote: Amex uses Priority Overnight mail for Business Platinum and Personal Gold. I am in Vancouver BC and it took 2 business days only.
Got the approval email last week but the card is still not here yet....but the personal gold did only take 2 days to arrive.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
Ginzasix wrote: Got the approval email last week but the card is still not here yet....but the personal gold did only take 2 days to arrive.
The Business cards don't normally get the courier treatment unless you call and ask for it, whereas the Personal cards normally DO.
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
May 7, 2017
422 posts
223 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: The Business cards don't normally get the courier treatment unless you call and ask for it, whereas the Personal cards normally DO.
Thank you! Good to know!!
May 7, 2017
422 posts
223 upvotes
A question about lounge access with the plat biz. Looking at the amex website under lounge benefit overview:

https://smallbusiness.americanexpress.c ... l-benefits

For American airline or delta airline lounge access, Do you need a boarding that is specific to the airline or boarding pass of any airlines will do?

Thank you!
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9333 upvotes
where I belong
Ginzasix wrote: A question about lounge access with the plat biz. Looking at the amex website under lounge benefit overview:

https://smallbusiness.americanexpress.c ... l-benefits

For American airline or delta airline lounge access, Do you need a boarding that is specific to the airline or boarding pass of any airlines will do?

Thank you!
Yes, and I *think* AA lounge is gone
from the link you provided
You can enjoy complimentary access to the Delta Sky Club® lounges. Simply present your Business Platinum Card, a ticket valid for travel that day on the corresponding airline and valid government-issued photo identification.
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
May 7, 2017
422 posts
223 upvotes
jerryhung wrote: Yes, and I *think* AA lounge is gone
from the link you provided
Thank you Jerry! You mean there is no access to AA anymore?
May 7, 2017
422 posts
223 upvotes
I checked again this is the fine print for the airport club access for plat biz:

Airport Club Program - The Business Platinum Cardmember must present their Card, government-issued I.D. and same day corresponding airline ticket to club agents

Looks like you do need to take delta airline to gain access to the lounge with the card. Anyone had the experience of using your biz plat for the airport club lounge access?
Sep 22, 2005
957 posts
310 upvotes
BC
my biz platinum card was couriered to me. Approved on Friday, the card delivered by UPS next Tuesday
Ginzasix wrote: Thank you! Good to know!!
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
1066 posts
460 upvotes
Vancouver
Update: Amex cracking down on Self Referrals.

Self-referred to Business Gold from Personal Gold. No referral points posted after 6 weeks. Contacted Amex via email and got this response (excerpted):

"I hope you are doing well.

I would like to share that referral bonus is not applicable on self referrals. This means, you are eligible to receive referral bonus for referring friends or family members who apply for a Card and meet the referral criteria. Since you referred and applied for the referred Card yourself, the referral bonus did not post to your account."

Also note that I used my middle name (which I sometimes am known as) as the person who I directed the referral too, but they still knew it was a self-referral.

YMMV
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
Cypherus21 wrote: Update: Amex cracking down on Self Referrals.

Self-referred to Business Gold from Personal Gold. No referral points posted after 6 weeks. Contacted Amex via email and got this response (excerpted):

I would like to share that referral bonus is not applicable on self referrals. This means, you are eligible to receive referral bonus for referring friends or family members who apply for a Card and meet the referral criteria. Since you referred and applied for the referred Card yourself, the referral bonus did not post to your account."

YMMV
did you mention self referral in yr email to amex?
or did amex actually do the detective work to find out you referred yrself?

do u still receive the welcome bonus?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
1066 posts
460 upvotes
Vancouver
ValueHunter999 wrote: did you mention self referral in yr email to amex?
or did amex actually do the detective work to find out you referred yrself?

do u still receive the welcome bonus?
Yes. I mentioned I applied through my referral and posted the link to it, as I was starting my own business (legit). Was told I would have to wait 8-10 weeks for 40,000 MR points. The week prior, I got an email I would get 30,000 MR points on the Business Gold if I spent $5,000 which prompted me to email Amex and figure out what was going on. So I may get just 30,000 MR as they are not honoring the referral. Better to get something than nothing.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
Cypherus21 wrote: Yes. I mentioned I applied through my referral and posted the link to it, as I was starting my own business (legit). Was told I would have to wait 8-10 weeks for 40,000 MR points. The week prior, I got an email I would get 30,000 MR points on the Business Gold if I spent $5,000 which prompted me to email Amex and figure out what was going on. So I may get just 30,000 MR as they are not honoring the referral. Better to get something than nothing.
i see amex is treating yr application as a straight new application ... without using a referral ...
thus giving you only 30k instead of 40k ...
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
4028 upvotes
BC
Cypherus21 wrote: Update: Amex cracking down on Self Referrals.

Also note that I used my middle name (which I sometimes am known as) as the person who I directed the referral too, but they still knew it was a self-referral.

YMMV
You should have just waited it out to see if you got it paid by the system sweeps automatically instead of triggering a manual review that finds any excuse to deny you and flag your account as "bonus denied" :)

Remember people ...

KEEP CALM AND DON'T CALL AMEX
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2014
5443 posts
3919 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Cypherus21 wrote: Yes. I mentioned I applied through my referral and posted the link to it, as I was starting my own business (legit). Was told I would have to wait 8-10 weeks for 40,000 MR points. The week prior, I got an email I would get 30,000 MR points on the Business Gold if I spent $5,000 which prompted me to email Amex and figure out what was going on. So I may get just 30,000 MR as they are not honoring the referral. Better to get something than nothing.
you told amex that you applied through your own referral? Telling amex that you did a self-referal. Of course amex will flag you and email you back saying no referral bonus.

That email you got about 30K MR on the Business Gold is a generic email everyone gets - just ignore it.
May 7, 2017
422 posts
223 upvotes
iceage wrote: my biz platinum card was couriered to me. Approved on Friday, the card delivered by UPS next Tuesday
Hope it'll come this week.....
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6265 upvotes
DO NOT CALL AMEX.

The more you call, the higher chance they do code review on referral. Programmers can easily fix it and meanwhile it is a disaster for us.
🤑 Amex Cobalt | MBNA RWE | Rogers MC
⛱️ Amex Platinum | Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
May 7, 2017
422 posts
223 upvotes
drunkgoat wrote: Did your self referral points come through? My friend is still waiting on hers for regular gold
Has your friend gotten hers yet?
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10493 posts
793 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know when the annual fee will kick in this year if I got the card in mid August last year? I want to cancel my card before I get hit with the annual fee again.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
Aznsilvrboy wrote: Anyone know when the annual fee will kick in this year if I got the card in mid August last year? I want to cancel my card before I get hit with the annual fee again.
it will be posted at the anniversary of the statement that has the first AF ...
so it is the 12th statement after the first ...

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)