• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 10:04 am
Tags:
None
Dec 12, 2005
948 posts
173 upvotes
The 905
prmetime wrote: Keep the email with the confirmation that your order was received. That is your proof of the day it was purchased.
that's what I'm thinking too, and no doubt I'm not the only one in this situation
Nov 26, 2018
1 posts
Just applied on the 22nd of November, and got approved immediately for 9k limit. This is funny since I never had such a high limit on my other cards and my credit history is just 3 years old (about 720 Beacon score). I think they take into account more the balances and late payments.
Dec 16, 2012
234 posts
111 upvotes
GTA
Victory11 wrote: Did anyone get their bonus points yet for the October spend?
I haven't yet and still waiting. The bonus would've really come in handy for a flight I had earlier this month but not the end of the world.

For what it's worth, my statement date is the 28th (so just yesterday) and it's not on there. Perhaps next cycle.
Feb 8, 2014
997 posts
535 upvotes
YVR
ScullyA34721 wrote: Anyone know how long it takes for the card to be delivered in Toronto?

Thanks
I would appreciate your DP on when yours was delivered and by which carrier as there is a new Cobalt coming to my household as well, having applied this past weekend.
Nov 20, 2018
8 posts
Toronto
prmetime wrote: I would appreciate your DP on when yours was delivered and by which carrier as there is a new Cobalt coming to my household as well, having applied this past weekend.

I got approved last week Tuesday 20th. & FedEx says it will be delivered today.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1093 upvotes
terracotta92 wrote: yep there's no hard credit check that's why it's very easy! your approval seems to me that they can only do 10k increments when the limit is above 20k. will try to lower the increase next time. also count 3 statements and you can get another one.
Billing cycle ended yesterday and 3rd statement available today since last credit limit increase.

I think you are mistaken. I just tried it minutes ago:

Unfortunately your request for a credit limit increase has been declined

American Express can only accommodate a credit limit increase adjustment once every 6 months. Our records indicate that there has been a credit limit increase adjustment within the last 6 months. We would be happy to respond to your request once this time has elapsed. Please try again.
Feb 8, 2014
997 posts
535 upvotes
YVR
ScullyA34721 wrote: I got approved last week Tuesday 20th. & FedEx says it will be delivered today.
Thanks. I have not received an email from Amex whatsoever. I'm hoping they aren't using Canada Post given that there are interruptions by BC Fed of Labour who are blocking trucks from exiting some of the Canada Post hubs in the YVR area. Our application and approval was on Nov 25.

Update: I phoned Amex and my card is also coming Fedex.
Nov 20, 2018
8 posts
Toronto
Hey guys. I just activated my Cobalt card, I want to increase my credit limit.

Is it best to do it now on the app/website or should I wait the 61 days like I’ve previously read.

I just don’t want to try now & possibly gets declined so I can’t try again in 61 days if that makes sense?

Thank you
Feb 8, 2014
997 posts
535 upvotes
YVR
I just looked and I received the bonus MRs for the Amazon.ca promotion from Nov 26. Posted corrected as a total of 5x. Came up as RC bonus.
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11667 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
ScullyA34721 wrote: Hey guys. I just activated my Cobalt card, I want to increase my credit limit.

Is it best to do it now on the app/website or should I wait the 61 days like I’ve previously read.

I just don’t want to try now & possibly gets declined so I can’t try again in 61 days if that makes sense?

Thank you
I don’t have a lot of experience with Amex credit cards and limit increases, but if you were eligible for a higher limit, I would think they would have given you it from the beginning.
I think you’d be wasting your time asking for an increase.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2014
1073 posts
1308 upvotes
Southern Ontario
coolintheshade wrote: I don’t have a lot of experience with Amex credit cards and limit increases, but if you were eligible for a higher limit, I would think they would have given you it from the beginning.
I think you’d be wasting your time asking for an increase.
Granted I’m only a sample size of 1 and have said this several times before, but:
- I was instantly approved for a significant increase on my SimplyCash card in March, maybe April
- In mid-May, I applied and got instantly approved for a Cobalt with a limit of 7700
- Well before the end of my first statement date (June 27) I nearly doubled my Cobalt CL to 15k
Nov 12, 2009
295 posts
78 upvotes
Hello,

I got the 10 day review message. First time with Amex. Do they send any email when approved or should I wait for the post?

Not interested in calling them.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2018
1488 posts
1269 upvotes
Seks wrote: Billing cycle ended yesterday and 3rd statement available today since last credit limit increase.

I think you are mistaken. I just tried it minutes ago:
track the day itself when you got the increase. not the statement. is it over 3 months?
Aug 22, 2011
483 posts
247 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anyone know if shopping at a concession like TIffany's in Holt Renfrew will earn the 3x bonus points?
Sep 28, 2018
111 posts
94 upvotes
Montreal
epinephrine wrote: Does anyone know if shopping at a concession like TIffany's in Holt Renfrew will earn the 3x bonus points?
As there's no explicit exemption from Tiffany's, as long as the merchant for the transaction is listed as Holt Renfrew or Oglivy, you should be good.
May 17, 2013
168 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto/Montreal
ScullyA34721 wrote: Hey guys. I just activated my Cobalt card, I want to increase my credit limit.

Thank you

From what I understand, doing an online/requesting credit limit increase would be a hard pull on your credit score; any credit card.

My experience was to call Amex and inquire whether I could be put on something like a "waiting list" for when I would be eligible for a CL increase. Waited a month and received letters for both SPG Personal and Business for a pre-approved CL increase without taking a hit on my credit score. Just recently applied for the Cobalt and am excited!
May 17, 2013
168 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto/Montreal
youtube101 wrote: Hello,

I got the 10 day review message. First time with Amex. Do they send any email when approved or should I wait for the post?

Thanks
I personally would call in, as this was the case for the first few cards as AMEX wanted to verify my information OR wait and see if you receive a confirmation email once approved.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2018
1488 posts
1269 upvotes
anyone tried to hold this card twice and still get the bonus every month?
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11667 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
terracotta92 wrote: anyone tried to hold this card twice and still get the bonus every month?
Too soon to tell I would think, as this card has only been out for for just over 14 months.
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11667 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
youtube101 wrote: Hello,

Thanks
If they need anything else from you, they’ll call you.
I got the review message as well, and 4 days later, Amex fraud Dept called me to confirm that I applied.
After answering some security questions, and a brief hold, I was told I was approved.
No email was received to this day.
The email seems to be hit or miss.
Was exactly did the message say?