Hot Deals

[American Express] Earn up to $25 in statement credits by Shopping Small - TARGETED

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 7:15 pm
[OP]
Oct 31, 2012
137 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto

[American Express] Earn up to $25 in statement credits by Shopping Small - TARGETED

Expiry:
December 24, 2017
Retailer:
American Express
More offers from American Express
Earn one $5 statement credit for each separate qualifying in-store purchase (up to a maximum of 5 in-store purchases) made in <your home> area at participating merchants using your registered American Express® Card. This means you can earn a total of $25 in statement credits!

Only the first 15,000 Basic American Express Consumer Cards to be successfully registered will be eligible for this offer.

1. Register your Card
Between November 23, 2017 and December 24, 2017, click the ‘Register Now’ button in this email to automatically register your eligible American Express® Card.

2. Pay with your registered Card
Shop with your registered American Express Card by December 24, 2017 at participating merchants in <your home> area.

See Map of Participating Merchants (Note: Select "Shop Small" under Filters-Advanced)

-
Last edited by bronski on Nov 23rd, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
53 replies
Oct 8, 2014
57 posts
108 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
I got this email, is there a minimum purchase ?
Dec 12, 2016
27 posts
20 upvotes
Moogadishoo
Registered. Thanks OP!

I don't see anything mentioned about minimum purchase.

Below are the full offer terms and conditions from my email.
**Offer Terms & Conditions

This offer is only available to Canadian Basic American Express Consumer Cardmembers that have been sent this offer by email. Only the first 15,000 cards to successfully register are eligible for this offer. Only the Basic American Express Card referenced in this email is eligible for registration in this offer by clicking ‘Register Now’ in the email. Maximum of 5 statements credit of $5 (CAD) each [Up to a total of $25 in statement credits] is/are available per registered card during the offer period. Purchases made with supplementary cards are not qualifying purchases. American Express Corporate cards and American Express Gift cards are excluded from the offer.

To be eligible for this offer:
  • Your account must be in good standing.
  • You must first register your eligible American Express Card and then use that registered card to make qualifying purchases in-store at participating merchants in the Toronto Area between November 23, 2017 at 12:00:01am EST and December 24, 2017 11:59:59 pm EST. Registration ends on December 24, 2017 or once 15,000 registrations have been reached.
  • A purchase made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible card in this program is not a qualifying purchase.

To be eligible for a total of $25 (CAD) in Statement Credits, five (5) separate purchase transactions must be made using your registered Card at any participating merchant in the Toronto Area during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account. Maximum of $25 in statement credits can be earned per registered Card. The qualifying purchase must be made in-store using the registered Card. Online purchases are not qualifying purchases. Purchases made in-store for home delivery or shipping do not qualify for this offer.

The following transactions are not qualifying purchases for this offer: Purchasing a merchant’s goods through a third party, such as through concession stores in department stores, payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone, online aggregators that sells goods of other merchants or if the merchant category is otherwise not identified.

Statement Credit may take up to two billing cycles to appear on your statement and up to 90 days to be credited to the account, after the Cardmember has completed a qualifying purchase. If the statement credit is being applied to a credit card account, please note that this does not satisfy the requirements to pay the minimum due. A statement credit does not constitute a payment. The Cardmember must continue to make separate payments of at least the minimum due in accordance with the Cardmember agreement and account statement. We reserve the right to substitute an American Express Gift Card or cheque in lieu of the statement credit. American Express is responsible for the fulfillment of this offer. The statement credit will be reversed if the qualifying purchase is returned or cancelled.

In the event that you replace your registered Card through Amex Bank of Canada or a licensed third party issuer (as applicable) during the offer period, your participation in this Offer will end and you will need to re-register for this Offer.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4785 posts
1172 upvotes
North York
Got the email too. Very tough to spend this time as they're mostly more expensive restaurants, with the occasional burgers ...
Apr 22, 2012
532 posts
58 upvotes
TORONTO
Can I purchase 5 different time on the same Merchant and each time I will get $5 statement credit. or you have to spend on 5 different Merchants on the list? Thanks.
Nov 27, 2012
6 posts
Toronto
uncle tetsu, kinka, freshii, aroma espresso bar, and then international news, various parking lots,..

I mean many independent businesses require minimum spend of $10 or more for credit card purchases anyway.

And what's their definition of "Toronto Area" ? What about North York? Unionville?
Last edited by b3prfd on Nov 23rd, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 22, 2012
532 posts
58 upvotes
TORONTO
WhatADeal! wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 4:41 pm
Got the email too. Very tough to spend this time as they're mostly more expensive restaurants, with the occasional burgers ...
RICHTREE REST EATON CENTRE (coffee is <$5),
POTBELLY SANDWICH SHOP ($3.99 for barcel),
THE KITCHEN TABLE (you can buy something <$5) ,
KOREAN GRILL HOUSE ($6.99 +tax + tips for lunch box) and
UNCLE TETSU CANADA ($10 or less)
Aug 29, 2017
13 posts
2 upvotes
I believe the emails are specific to the card; only one of my Amex cards got this offer so the registration links are personalized and can't be shared.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1472 posts
216 upvotes
i got this email too..its all lame small shops lol...who the heck shops there

so theres no minimum purchase price? just any FIVE will do? problem is finding small items to buy , ie cheap fast food joints
Last edited by mikka2017 on Nov 24th, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Deal Guru
Jul 13, 2008
14708 posts
891 upvotes
Markham/Hamilton
I got the e-mail and registered. They all seem to be downtown places.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1472 posts
216 upvotes
ot: i got a letter saying interest rate of 6.99% for one year on new purchases, good rate?
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989