Hot Deals

[American Express] Earn up to $25 in statement credits by Shopping Small - TARGETED

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 7:15 pm
Feb 19, 2013
273 posts
512 upvotes
Toronto
Got an email saying this "Congratulations! You may have earned a statement credit by completing all qualifying transactions with your registered Card". The credit hasn't been posted on my amex account yet.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
3872 posts
284 upvotes
Scarborough
mikka2017 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 8:40 pm
Did u try food places? I'm thinkingking it will work! I'm going to try markhanstation shop wen I get a chance
I never got the initial invite email to register :(
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
May 7, 2008
476 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
I guess you're not from Toronto! I'd rather shop in these stores than with the big guys.

Thanks OP! Found the email (was sent a week ago) - nearly just ignored it. If you're worried that you're not one of 15,000 first registered, still working as of this morning.

This is an easy challenge especially for anyone who works in the downtown financial district. I think in one week of lunch and coffees - shouldn't be hard. I could probably do it in 2 days if I really was looking finish it quickly.

Tons of great coffee joints:
Dineen Coffee
Balzac's Coffee
Boxcar Social
Jimmy's Coffee
Aroma Espresso Bar
Thor Espresso
Brioche Doree

Good selection of fast casual joints that I get lunch from:

Potbelly Sandwich Shop
Paramount Fine Foods
Thai Island
Freshii
Kupfert and Kim
B. Good
Freshwest Grill
IQ Food
Blaze Pizza

Bunch of decent bars to grab a pint at:
Bar Hop
Wheat Sheaf Tavern
Irish Embassy
P.J. O'Brien Pub
C'est What
Speakeasy

And if you live anywhere near condo city you'll probably run into a:
The Kitchen Table
Rabba Fine Foods

There are some weird listings here - like insurance companies and dentists etc.

I think the most challenging thing is whether or not those listed using the Small Shop filter are actually qualifying transactions.
mikka2017 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 3:19 pm
i got this email too..its all lame small shops lol...who the heck shops there

so theres no minimum purchase price? just any FIVE will do? problem is finding small items to buy , ie cheap fast food joints
Nov 27, 2006
655 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
FYI the list may not be entirely up-to-date. I tried going to a location listed on their Yonge&Lawrence Shop Small guide and when I got there and tried to buy something, was told they don't take Amex. :facepalm:
May 28, 2004
490 posts
115 upvotes
For sure the list is not up-to-date because some of the shops on the map have closed down - Hard Rock Cafe (Yonge St) stands out.

FYI, for my two qualifying purchases made Nov 24, I was credited Nov 27. I think the credit is being manually applied because instead of two $5 credits, I received one $10 credit under the name of 1 of the 2 locations. For my purchase made Nov 29, I haven't been credited yet.
Apr 22, 2012
531 posts
58 upvotes
TORONTO
I received my $5 statement credit for my second purchase (Unclue TeTsu for $10). I think you need to purchase something >$5. I did one transaction in Galati supermarket for $1 and I did not get email and no statement credit.
I go to try Uncle Tetsu next week and see whether I get the statement credit or not. If someone get statement credit for <$5 purchase. Please update us. Thanks.
Oct 26, 2016
65 posts
92 upvotes
HappyValley1 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 4:45 pm
I received my $5 statement credit for my second purchase (Unclue TeTsu for $10). I think you need to purchase something >$5. I did one transaction in Galati supermarket for $1 and I did not get email and no statement credit.
I go to try Uncle Tetsu next week and see whether I get the statement credit or not. If someone get statement credit for <$5 purchase. Please update us. Thanks.
I can confirm this, I made 2 purchases under $5 at Coco bubble tea and Picnic for a latte, I received $5 credit for each
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1439 posts
357 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
OP, it's not Toronto only, as I'm in B.C. and I got the offer.
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
3165 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
rebjorne wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 12:40 pm
FYI the list may not be entirely up-to-date. I tried going to a location listed on their Yonge&Lawrence Shop Small guide and when I got there and tried to buy something, was told they don't take Amex. :facepalm:
Did you try saying you're paying with Visa? A lot of these places often say they don't take Amex but my card works just fine (EDIT: Of course, not for all stores but quite a number of them actually accept Amex and they may either 1) Not know 2) Don't want to).
[OP]
Oct 31, 2012
137 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
TheHans wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 5:49 pm
OP, it's not Toronto only, as I'm in B.C. and I got the offer.
Thanks for confirming this. I have removed "Toronto only" references from OP.
Apr 22, 2012
531 posts
58 upvotes
TORONTO
cwai471 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 5:15 pm
I can confirm this, I made 2 purchases under $5 at Coco bubble tea and Picnic for a latte, I received $5 credit for each
Thanks. Which Coco location did you purchase?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2014
1059 posts
493 upvotes
Montreal
any weblink by any chance for the registration ?
Oct 26, 2016
65 posts
92 upvotes
HappyValley1 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 10:04 am
Thanks. Which Coco location did you purchase?
that one on Yonge st between Bloor and Wellesley, also went to the happy lemon right across the street facing that Coco and that was also on the list and got $5 credit back
Apr 22, 2012
531 posts
58 upvotes
TORONTO
cwai471 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:19 am
that one on Yonge st between Bloor and Wellesley, also went to the happy lemon right across the street facing that Coco and that was also
on the list and got $5 credit back
Perfect, i work around that location.
Oct 26, 2016
65 posts
92 upvotes
HappyValley1 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 8:06 pm
Perfect, i work around that location.
Yea same, I legit snuck out of the office 3 days straight to get bbt fix lol. Body couldn't take anymore after the 3rd