Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
American Express

[YMMV] Cobalt Card - Spend $75 on gas, get 2000 MR Points

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2019 9:46 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1802 posts
2840 upvotes
Canada, eh?
kicl wrote: I received my cobalt card after the start date for the promo. I haven’t received an email yet either about the offer.

Would the offer still apply to me?
Not too sure since they don’t have a enrollment link, just says your card is automatically enrolled.
Jul 26, 2011
508 posts
520 upvotes
NORTH YORK
canuckcolehead wrote: +1

Im going to fill up/spend $75 anyways at a Gas station and see if the pts appear.
Let us know your results. I'm in the just got the Cobalt card situation as well
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19735 posts
28618 upvotes
Vancouver
mapleleafs92 wrote: Let us know your results. I'm in the just got the Cobalt card situation as well
I just got my Cobalt card two weeks ago so didn't hear about this promo until now. I called in and the rep confirmed that all Cobalt cards are enrolled in this, even mine.
Jul 26, 2011
508 posts
520 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Kiraly wrote: I just got my Cobalt card two weeks ago so didn't hear about this promo until now. I called in and the rep confirmed that all Cobalt cards are enrolled in this, even mine.
Awesome news. Since there are 2 different offers, buying $75 gift card would probably work best?
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19735 posts
28618 upvotes
Vancouver
I know it says that points can take up to 90 days to post, but did anyone get theirs yet? I made three purchases of $47, $27, and $10, not sure if it will qualify or not.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1397 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
How come I never get these promo emails with Cobalt card? How did you guys sign up for them?
Jan 7, 2015
657 posts
535 upvotes
GVR
Kiraly wrote: I know it says that points can take up to 90 days to post, but did anyone get theirs yet? I made three purchases of $47, $27, and $10, not sure if it will qualify or not.
I got the offer in the title of the post, but I didn’t reach the $75 minimum. My fill up ended up being $67 and my bonus points posted at the same time the charge showed up on my card. YMMV for sure
Mar 4, 2009
237 posts
86 upvotes
I made 3 separate gas purchases , around $25-30 each. This was a couple of weeks. I still haven’t received the bonus points yet but I received my 10k welcome offer and monthly bonuses immediately

Not sure if I should call in or not
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19735 posts
28618 upvotes
Vancouver
kicl wrote: I made 3 separate gas purchases , around $25-30 each. This was a couple of weeks. I still haven’t received the bonus points yet but I received my 10k welcome offer and monthly bonuses immediately

Not sure if I should call in or not
If you call in, they'll tell you to call back once 90 days have passed.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1802 posts
2840 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Gunnerheadboy wrote: How come I never get these promo emails with Cobalt card? How did you guys sign up for them?
There should be some enrollment field on Amex's website after you logged in, I remember thats how I signed up for those emails.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
3652 posts
3044 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: I know it says that points can take up to 90 days to post, but did anyone get theirs yet? I made three purchases of $47, $27, and $10, not sure if it will qualify or not.
For me, the 2k bonus points posted immediately with the transaction that got me over the $75. In the My Points table, there's a base points column and a bonus points column, and it shows up with the transaction under bonus points.

I did get the e-mail saying my card was automatically registered for the promo.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)