Entertainment

American Netflix in Canada with Unblock-us - is it legal??

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2012 1:46 pm
Oct 22, 2012
13 posts
3 upvotes
Dartmouth

American Netflix in Canada with Unblock-us - is it legal??

I'm currently using Unblock-us: http://www.unblock-us.com to get American Netflix in Canada, right now I'm on my first month with them but before even starting the trial I did my research to see if it was even legal (I saw some comments of people saying it was clearly illegal)

I googled around and could not find a Canadian law forbidding the use of VPNs or SmartDNS services, I then called Netflix and asked a rep there and they also said as far as they know it is not illegal to use a VPN or SmartDNS service with Netflix as the user still has to pay for Netflix.

Can anyone shed some light on before I continue to pay for their service? (Which is great, btw) I just want to make sure it is legal.. :D
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
2502 posts
141 upvotes
Brampton
When was the last time the police knocked someones door down because they were watching american netflix?
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8217 posts
2353 upvotes
Ottawa
shabby wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 1:34 pm
When was the last time the police knocked someones door down because they were watching american netflix?
When was the last time someone called a company to ask if they would let them be their customer?
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
× < >