• Mar 4th, 2019 10:13 am
[OP]
Sep 4, 2018
8 posts
41 upvotes

AMEX YMMV: 150 AIR MILES Bonus Miles & $5 statement credit

Retailer:
AMEX
This is likely targeted but I just received this email from AMEX.

Extra Miles. Extra statement credit. Extra rewarding.

Register your eligible American Express® AIR MILES®* Card ending in * during offer period of February 15 to February 28, 2019. Only the first 10,000 Basic American Express® AIR MILES®* Cards to be successfully registered will be eligible for this offer.

Use your registered Card to get rewarded.

Use your registered Card to make a single qualifying purchase or cumulative qualifying purchases that total $300 CAD or more (after taxes and shipping) instore or online from February 15 to February 28, 2019 and you can get 150 AIR MILES®* Bonus Miles and a $5 statement credit.

Only the first 10,000 Basic American Express® AIR MILES®* Cards to be successfully registered will be eligible for this offer.

A maximum of 1 statement credit of $5 CAD and 150 Bonus Miles are available per registered Card during the offer period.

Purchases made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible Card in this program are not eligible purchases.
Last edited by MrDisco on Feb 16th, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed card #
24 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3977 posts
1928 upvotes
Vancouver
Received a different offer for my Reserve card... I clicked through just after I received it and it was full already. :(

Register your eligible American Express® AIR MILES®* Reserve Credit Card ending in 6xxxx during offer period of February 15 to February 28, 2019. Only the first 100 Basic American Express® AIR MILES®* Cards to be successfully registered will be eligible for this offer.

Use your registered Card to make a single qualifying purchase or cumulative qualifying purchases that total $1,000 CAD or more (after taxes and shipping) instore or online from February 15 to February 28, 2019 and you can get 500 AIR MILES®* Bonus Miles and a $5 statement credit.

Only the first 100 Basic American Express® AIR MILES®* Cards to be successfully registered will be eligible for this offer.

A maximum of 1 statement credit of $5 CAD and 500 Bonus Miles are available per registered Card during the offer period.

Purchases made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible Card in this program are not eligible purchases.

Ron.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
8613 posts
2353 upvotes
Received the same for the Reserve card and was already full 50 minutes later, after Email was received. Only 1st 100 for that??
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2006
1211 posts
531 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
YMMV

I have a platinum card and my offer is 250 Air Miles and $5 statement credit for spending $550
Nov 29, 2006
888 posts
245 upvotes
I just registered and mine says first 10,000 customer and I am in

Register your eligible American Express® AIR MILES®* Card ending in 2xxxx during offer period of February 15 to February 28, 2019. Only the first 10,000 Basic American Express® AIR MILES®* Cards to be successfully registered will be eligible for this offer.
Use your registered Card to make a single qualifying purchase or cumulative qualifying purchases that total $300 CAD or more (after taxes and shipping) instore or online from February 15 to February 28, 2019 and you can get 150 AIR MILES®* Bonus Miles and a $5 statement credit.
Only the first 10,000 Basic American Express® AIR MILES®* Cards to be successfully registered will be eligible for this offer.
A maximum of 1 statement credit of $5 CAD and 150 Bonus Miles are available per registered Card during the offer period.
Oct 23, 2018
269 posts
146 upvotes
I am in but i am not planning to spend anytime soon, i am not sure if paying bills qualifies?
Jul 24, 2012
599 posts
75 upvotes
juniferlucefero wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 1:35 pm
I am in but i am not planning to spend anytime soon, i am not sure if paying bills qualifies?
I would like to know too:)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
8304 posts
1930 upvotes
Scarberia
What’s the URL to register. I never got email

Tia
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @$39.99 no 60FPS 4k youtube :( using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2141 posts
942 upvotes
Victoria
Registered. The $5 credit is random especially on the $1,000 spend Face With Tears Of Joy Important to note that purchases must be in Canadian dollars to count.
Nov 9, 2013
671 posts
190 upvotes
Vancouver
bobcat99 wrote: It does.
Are you sure? I hope you are correct. This line in T&C’s makes me wonder (more so the last part about merchant code). “Purchasing a merchant’s goods through a third party, such as through concession stores in department stores, payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone, online aggregators that sells goods of other merchants or if the merchant category is otherwise not identified.”
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
1138 posts
877 upvotes
Winnipeg
Trophy23 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 12:54 pm
Are you sure? I hope you are correct. This line in T&C’s makes me wonder (more so the last part about merchant code). “Purchasing a merchant’s goods through a third party, such as through concession stores in department stores, payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone, online aggregators that sells goods of other merchants or if the merchant category is otherwise not identified.”
Interesting. I still think a direct bill payment would be ok, because the emphasis on the above clause seems to be on any third party to the transaction. Maybe they're referring to services like Paytm?
Nov 9, 2013
671 posts
190 upvotes
Vancouver
Agree, The first part I assumed referred to paypal or square. Bill payments have qualified in the past but those were ‘spending’ promos not ‘purchase’ promos IIRC. Here’s hoping as I have enough with bill payments but don’t plan on adding enough purchases to complete my offer.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
1138 posts
877 upvotes
Winnipeg
Trophy23 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 2:06 pm
Agree, The first part I assumed referred to paypal or square. Bill payments have qualified in the past but those were ‘spending’ promos not ‘purchase’ promos IIRC. Here’s hoping as I have enough with bill payments but don’t plan on adding enough purchases to complete my offer.
Same here. And then wait to see how it works out.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2415 posts
1130 upvotes
why would they include "(after taxes and shipping)"?