Credit Cards

[AMEX] Business Gold 40K/Biz Plat 75K after $5K, Platinum 60K MR after $3K spending

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2018 5:13 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
2210 posts
719 upvotes
YUL/YVR
For the Centurion® Lounge
Each location of The Centurion Lounge offers a seasonal menu and signature cocktails along with a host of services and amenities designed to elevate your travel experience. With your Business Platinum Card membership, you and two guests or your immediate family– spouse or domestic partner, and children under 18 can enjoy unlimited complimentary access to The Centurion Lounge. All food and drinks and other amenities and services within the lounge are complimentary.
So my whole immediate family of 4 (me +3) should be able to get in right?
Or does it read as you + 2 guest/family members? So only 2 additional can get in?

Mix results on Google, does aunt/uncle count as "immediate"?
So as long as they are my "immediate" parents / siblings / grandparents / uncle aunts, can I bring in (exaggerated) 50 people to the lounge?
Jan 4, 2011
246 posts
116 upvotes
Montreal
AdamKing wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 7:24 pm
For the Centurion® Lounge

So my whole immediate family of 4 (me +3) should be able to get in right?
Or does it read as you + 2 guest/family members? So only 2 additional can get in?
You + 2 guests OR you + spouse + minor children

Edit: Oops. Edited for proper info.
Last edited by efrant on Jan 5th, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
2210 posts
719 upvotes
YUL/YVR
efrant wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 7:30 pm
You + a guest OR you + spouse + minor children
I believe that's the criteria for Canadian Lounges. Centurion is a little different.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3669 posts
1393 upvotes
efrant wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 7:30 pm
You + a guest OR you + spouse + minor children
Effy, for the Amex lounges it's you +2 guests OR you + spouse + minor children

For Plaza Premium lounges it's you a guest.
Nov 13, 2016
94 posts
67 upvotes
Priority Pass is only the cardholder free? And $27 US per guest?
If someone's comment helped you, an upvote only takes 1 click!
Jan 4, 2011
246 posts
116 upvotes
Montreal
AdamKing wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 7:43 pm
I believe that's the criteria for Canadian Lounges. Centurion is a little different.
bizee-bee wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 7:54 pm
Effy, for the Amex lounges it's you +2 guests OR you + spouse + minor children

For Plaza Premium lounges it's you a guest.
Whoops, sorry. Of course you guys are correct. Made the edit to my post. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
2210 posts
719 upvotes
YUL/YVR
So I'm guessing a sibling + 2 parents wouldn't cut it for the Centurion lounges?
Mar 22, 2006
95 posts
2 upvotes
X360 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 9:02 pm
Check next couple of days to see if there is 25000 referral bonus posted on your Amex Business account. If you see 25000 referral bonus then it means Amex already approve your Amex Business Gold and you don't have to do anything. Just wait for your Amex Business Gold.
Bellotts wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 6:54 pm
What if no referral posts?

What are his alternative steps?
Hi guys,

My 25k points were posted to my account! Thank you for the advice!
Jan 30, 2008
339 posts
115 upvotes
Does the initial 5k spend still get covered by buying gift cards?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3669 posts
1393 upvotes
imajin wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 7:29 pm
Does the initial 5k spend still get covered by buying gift cards?
Chew betcha, Chewbacca! :D
Jan 30, 2008
339 posts
115 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 7:37 pm
Chew betcha, Chewbacca! :D
sweet...also just prepaid $1000 on my rogers bill online :)
Nov 13, 2016
94 posts
67 upvotes
Applied for the BIZ Gold with my own Biz Plat referral. Couple days later i got a letter saying that i previously made an application for this same card and that application is being approved and the current application is left invalid.

This was the first application i made for BIZ Gold and i never applied before nor ever had the card.

Does this mean i wont receive the 25K referral bonus. This Sucks!

Did this happen to anyone else?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3669 posts
1393 upvotes
slampii wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:11 pm
Applied for the BIZ Gold with my own Biz Plat referral. Couple days later i got a letter saying that i previously made an application for this same card and that application is being approved and the current application is left invalid.

This was the first application i made for BIZ Gold and i never applied before nor ever had the card.

Does this mean i wont receive the 25K referral bonus. This Sucks!

Did this happen to anyone else?
How long have you had the Biz Plat?

I recall a similar story as yours, maybe even more than once. I think those people opened the Biz Gold very soon after opening the Biz Pat, so had to called Amex to explain it's not the same card. Not sure if they were then able to slide the application through or if Amex told them that 2 concurrent biz products were not allowed and that they would allow the card application to be approved but no welcome bonus for the second card.

I'll look for the story(ies). Meanwhile maybe someone else can chime in?
Nov 13, 2016
94 posts
67 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:40 pm
How long have you had the Biz Plat?

I recall a similar story as yours, maybe even more than once. I think those people opened the Biz Gold very soon after opening the Biz Pat, so had to called Amex to explain it's not the same card. Not sure if they were then able to slide the application through or if Amex told them that 2 concurrent biz products were not allowed and that they would allow the card application to be approved but no welcome bonus for the second card.

I'll look for the story(ies). Meanwhile maybe someone else can chime in?
I thought everyone here has both the Biz cards at the same time with no problems.

I got my Biz Plat in November and i got the Plat in December. Just tried getting the Biz Gold in January.
Jun 19, 2011
3 posts
2 upvotes
slampii wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:49 pm
I thought everyone here has both the Biz cards at the same time with no problems.

I got my Biz Plat in November and i got the Plat in December. Just tried getting the Biz Gold in January.
Not everyone. I got my a Biz Plat on November 23rd (instant approval) and applied for Biz Gold on Dec 31. The message indicated to wait up to 10 days for a final answer. Of course I called in early January to speed up the process. Even the CSR was confused and read me the "Congratulations your Business Platinum was approved" spiel. I also eventually got a mailed letter just like you did, dated Dec 31 (my date of Biz Gold application).

In any case, once clarified, he was able to process the application manually and I didn't have to reapply. Referral points posted two days later.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

taurus25