Please advise with 700k+ Aeroplan Miles

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2018 9:28 am
[OP]
Apr 19, 2018
9 posts

Please advise with 700k+ Aeroplan Miles

Dear friends,
I collected over 700k aeroplan miles (in total with my family members). Now I am looking what can I buy for it.
Please advise with any ideas.
Thank you.
13 replies
Mar 10, 2007
792 posts
275 upvotes
Go for trip to Asia or Australia in business class
Jun 11, 2010
681 posts
347 upvotes
ottawa
That is a spicy deal, I'll take some Aeroplan points please.
Nov 23, 2015
435 posts
200 upvotes
Winnipeg
Best value is to redeem for international flights in premium cabins. If you have the patience to explore the possibilities, you could do some big multi-stop trip.

You can also get merchandise, but that will yield a much lower value. But some people don't care all that much about travel.
[OP]
Apr 19, 2018
9 posts
Thank you for advises. Any suggestions for websites where I can find nice trips?
Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
5544 posts
3130 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
56kbps wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 4:58 pm
Best value is to redeem for international flights in premium cabins. If you have the patience to explore the possibilities, you could do some big multi-stop trip.

You can also get merchandise, but that will yield a much lower value. But some people don't care all that much about travel.
This
havercanada wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 5:38 pm
Thank you for advises. Any suggestions for websites where I can find nice trips?
Thank you.
You have to book thru Aeroplan

If you mean... where to do research on destinations
Get inspiration...
TripAdvisor is a good a place as any
Their front page has a lot of ideas to get you started
www.tripadvisor.ca
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
7405 posts
1819 upvotes
Toronto
There are several threads in flyertalk about mini-RTW trips. That'll be the best way to redeem those ae points. Just try to avoid flying AC (and some others) to reduce the scamcharges.
Dec 4, 2011
4 posts
4 upvotes
BRANTFORD
The best thing to do with your points is to go on business class (150000 points each person) for a mini-rtw trip. You are allowed 3 stopovers for as long as you want to stay and in between you can do stopovers for under 24 hours. So you can visit many country’s.
Feb 12, 2013
88 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
For sure best value is to book business class unless you do not care about it. If you are flexible with time (avoid peak season) and where you are going then some good options. In general avoid Europe particularly Western Europe and some South American countries because Aeroplan charges heavy fuel surcharges or airline charges or whatever Aeroplan wants to call them as the name kept changing just to make them look like they are not responsible for it. Aeroplan employees claim charges are from the Airlines but I do not buy it at all. If so, why with other frequent flyer program do not have the same surcharges if it's the same airline with the same flight?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1404 posts
494 upvotes
Imagine how many times one could go to Regina, or Winnipeg, with those points.

Now THAT'S value folks!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
5189 posts
2022 upvotes
13inches wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 6:24 pm
Imagine how many times one could go to Regina, or Winnipeg, with those points.

Now THAT'S value folks!
I know that was intended to be a joke but it's actually not good value. The scam charges alone would effectively reduce the value significantly. In those cases, it would be better value to just buy the tickets.

Bar none, as others have already said, the best value is in long-haul international flights in premium cabins preferably not with Air Canada.

To add to other advice already given, there are people out there with significant experience in booking complex reward routings that you can hire to research and book for you. As a newb, I would suggest it might be a very good investment to get somebody else to do the legwork for you and buck up $100 or $150 to get it done quickly and properly.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
6479 posts
3604 upvotes
Take a business class trip to a dream destination...
[OP]
Apr 19, 2018
9 posts
Conquistador wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 6:44 pm
I know that was intended to be a joke but it's actually not good value. The scam charges alone would effectively reduce the value significantly. In those cases, it would be better value to just buy the tickets.

Bar none, as others have already said, the best value is in long-haul international flights in premium cabins preferably not with Air Canada.

To add to other advice already given, there are people out there with significant experience in booking complex reward routings that you can hire to research and book for you. As a newb, I would suggest it might be a very good investment to get somebody else to do the legwork for you and buck up $100 or $150 to get it done quickly and properly.
What do you mean? Can you suggest anybody? Thank you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)