Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[AMEX SimplyCash] $25 cash back for each approved Supplementary Card (Targetted)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2018 11:38 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
2232 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto

[AMEX SimplyCash] $25 cash back for each approved Supplementary Card (Targetted)

I got this in the email on Thursday and don't recall seeing any post for it, but I think it's a pretty good deal for those that have the SimplyCash from AMEX. Free money by adding people to your account and no minimum spend needed.

I don't think supplementary cards get a credit hit since it only asks for DOB, Address and name, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. No annual fee for Supplementary Cards. Must be age of majority. Maximum 9 Supplementary Cards per account. Account must be in good standing.

2. $25 bonus cash back will be awarded for each approved Supplementary SimplyCash™ Card from American Express. Bonus cash back is only available for SimplyCash™ Basic Cardmembers who apply for a Supplementary Card through the link on this email. Bonus cash back is not valid through any other method of application. Bonus cash back will be added to the Basic Cardmember’s monthly cash back balance up to 90 days after the application is approved. Account must be in good standing.

3. Provided your account is in good standing, cash back can be earned on purchases less returns and other credits. Cash back is applied as a credit to your account annually and will appear on the statement issued in September of each year. The cash back calculation resets annually. There is no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn. Fund advances, interest, fees, balance transfers, Amex cheques and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not earn cash back rewards. All references to you means the Basic Cardmember.

4. Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card issued by Amex Bank of Canada. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing agent terms, conditions, and fees. Not all seats are available. All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.

5. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in effect as long as you have fully charged your rental to your SimplyCash™ Card from American Express. There are specific conditions that apply to who may rent and drive the rental vehicle, the length of the rental(s) and the type of vehicle covered.

6. Travel Accident Insurance provides automatic coverage of up to $100,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance when you fully charge your common carrier (plane, train, ship or bus) tickets to your SimplyCash™ Card from American Express. Use the Card to book tickets for your spouse, dependent children (under 23) or any Supplementary Cardmember and they will also be covered. Spouse and dependent children (under 23) of Supplementary Cardmembers are also covered. Travel Accident Insurance is Underwritten by ACE INA Life Insurance, Head Office in Canada: Toronto, Ontario, under Master Policy TMH600135.

7. When you charge the full price on eligible purchases to your SimplyCash™ Card from American Express, the coverage given under the manufacturer’s original warranty is automatically doubled for up to one additional year. Buyer's Assurance Protection Plan is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.

8. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in excess of any and all other applicable insurance.

†All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.

®, TM: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.

Sent from Amex Bank of Canada, P.O. Box 3204, Station “F”, Toronto, ON, M1W 3W7. You can contact us or verify with us the authenticity of this e-mail by visiting www.americanexpress.ca/contactus.
Images
35 replies
Sep 7, 2011
245 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
it is a really good deal but i got my supplement card 2 months ago already.

I believe they ran a credit check on supplement card as well.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
lochunwa wrote: it is a really good deal but i got my supplement card 2 months ago already.

No,no credit check.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Dec 8, 2013
783 posts
727 upvotes
British Columbia
Hmm I got this too. When it says for "each approved supplementary card" I stopped reading as I thought it would involve a credit check too.

So you're saying I can just add my brother, my parents and anyone else I trust to pretty much not use the card unless I tell them to and get $25 for each person I add? Seems too good to be true haha.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
lochunwa wrote: it is a really good deal but i got my supplement card 2 months ago already.

No credit check on supplementary cards... it's just an additional card on the existing account.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Jan 9, 2013
52 posts
10 upvotes
SASKATOON
I got this, can you send supplemental cards to yourself? Or am I just gonna have my friends asking why im mailing them a bunch of cards. And its only letting me do 4 max for the simplycash, so 100 total.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
4018 posts
4409 upvotes
GTA
I dont think this is targeted, this is because I did not get any promo email but when I logged into the AMEX portal I had a banner at the top of the page asking me to sign up.

It was a link below the message "Thank you for being a member since xxxx"
and the link reads:
"Earn a $25 cash back bonus for each approved Supplementary Card added to your account. Request a Card"
Apr 7, 2007
873 posts
750 upvotes
Toronto
I did it yesterday to get 4 additional cards, and it said it would let me know in about 10 days the result. If no credit check why not just immediately approve? So I think there may have been a hit.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
4018 posts
4409 upvotes
GTA
H8TR wrote: I did it yesterday to get 4 additional cards, and it said it would let me know in about 10 days the result. If no credit check why not just immediately approve? So I think there may have been a hit.
I think they just want to be sure its not a supplementary credit card for 10 people named Bob 1, Bob 2....All born on the same day. Its probably just to see if the cards appear to be for actual people.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
This is most likely targeted. I didn't receive any such email nor do I see anything related to this when I log into my Amex account.
Jul 25, 2015
82 posts
9 upvotes
Antigonish
Did anybody really get the cashback yet? How many days does it take actually?
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1788 posts
2625 upvotes
Pritam wrote: Did anybody really get the cashback yet? How many days does it take actually?
It goes to your cash back bonus.

14/07/2016 Supp Bonus Cash Back $25.00 $25.00
Jul 25, 2015
82 posts
9 upvotes
Antigonish
ca_gascon wrote:
Pritam wrote: Did anybody really get the cashback yet? How many days does it take actually?
It goes to your cash back bonus.

Thanks. But when did you apply for the cards and how many days did it take to show up in the cash back balance?
I applied for the cards last week. Got the cards today and already activated them. Wasn't I supposed to receive the cash back backs by now? Or will it take a few more days or weeks to show up?
Jul 25, 2015
82 posts
9 upvotes
Antigonish
solo. wrote: Yup, I got my $125 cashback. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Did the CB show up instantly or did you have to wait for a few days after activating the cards?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
3009 posts
1629 upvotes
It is not instant and terms state within 90 of cards approval.

Another sad part is AMEX is having everything shipped using Fedex overnight service. Even these no fee cards. That is a lot of cash being burned.
Loose lips sink ships. | His Majesty's Naval Service
Jul 25, 2015
82 posts
9 upvotes
Antigonish
McMaggot wrote: It is not instant and terms state within 90 of cards approval.

Another sad part is AMEX is having everything shipped using Fedex overnight service. Even these no fee cards. That is a lot of cash being burned.
Am I responsible for paying them the FedEx cost?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
3009 posts
1629 upvotes
Pritam wrote:
McMaggot wrote: It is not instant and terms state within 90 of cards approval.

Am I responsible for paying them the FedEx cost?
I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it is an honest question. You are not responsible for the cost but these things usually have negative ramifications down the line where companies start to tighten their belt.
Loose lips sink ships. | His Majesty's Naval Service

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)