Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Amex Soar into More 400AM when you spend $100 at participating grocery stores in Oct 2017

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2017 11:22 pm
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11667 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
doraemon wrote: This is pretty good, it's essentially 40% off if you use them as cash miles. You can just go to any grocery store and buy $100 of gift cards. Time to get 40% off Netflix for a year!
Using cash miles at 95AM per $10 redemption, gives a value of each AM 10.53 cents.
At that value, 400AM is worth exactly 42.12
Sweet deal!
Unfortunately I don't have an AM credit card.
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11667 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
aew0314 wrote: There's no Zehrs or Food Basics?
Aren't they Loblaws stores that do not accept Amex?
Aug 23, 2016
249 posts
70 upvotes
Guelph
Wonder what stores I can go to in Guelph that qualify.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1678 posts
585 upvotes
pawlusho wrote: In Quebec, Metro owns Super C. I would presume that Super C would also be included.
That would make sense.super c is definitely grocery
Jun 6, 2008
346 posts
110 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: Aren't they Loblaws stores that do not accept Amex?
Zehrs is a Loblaws brand for sure. Pretty sure Food Basics is owned by Metro and should be okay.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2005
1393 posts
46 upvotes
Might be a good idea to combine with this promo:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/foodlan ... s-2130356/
Buy $150 of gift cards at Foodland to get 150 Bonus Air Miles

EDIT: Foodland Ontario (near Fairview Mall) does not take AMEX = /
Last edited by aznguy on Oct 1st, 2017 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
-----------------------------------------

heatware: aznguy
Mar 13, 2004
329 posts
239 upvotes
Used Amex Airmiles card in Foodbasics last month. According to the statement, the transaction is categorized as "Earn rate 1/$15", even Foodbasics is not actually Airmiles partner but its parent company Metro is. So Foodbasics should be qualified.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
aznguy wrote: Might be a good idea to combine with this promo:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/foodlan ... s-2130356/
Buy $150 of gift cards at Foodland to get 150 Bonus Air Miles

EDIT: Foodland Ontario does not take AMEX = /
i dont think foodland is on the list of grocery stores for this october promo, but foodland does take amex cards as payment

i dont think foodbasic qualifies either, im gonna goto sobeys or metro to be sure ( buy a $100 staples or shell gc)
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
WhatADeal! wrote: New list:
CO-OP GROCERY STORES
GROCERY GATEWAY
LONGOS
MARKETPLACE IGA (BC ONLY)
MCEWAN
METRO
PUSATERI'S FINE FOODS
SAVE-ON-FOODS, PRICESMART FOODS, URBAN FARE, OVERWAITEA FOODS
SOBEYS, FOODLAND, IGA, COMMISSO'S
WHOLE FOODS MARKET
where did u get this list? if yes, then the 150$gc from FOODLAND will stack!
To be eligible for this offer:

Your account must be in good standing.
You, as the Basic Cardmember, must enroll your eligible Basic American Express AIR MILES Consumer or Small Business Card using the link in this email or at americanexpress.ca/soarintomore between September 11 – September 18, 2017.
Enrollment period starts at 12:00:01 a.m. EST on September 11, 2017 and ends on September 18, 2017 at 11:59:59 p.m. EST.
You must use your enrolled Card between October 1 – October 31, 2017 to make qualifying purchases that total $100 or more after taxes (in a single purchase or cumulative purchases) at stand-alone grocery stores in Canada during the offer period.
Offer period starts at 12:00:01 a.m. EST on October 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on October 31, 2017.
Purchases made during the offer period prior to enrollment of your eligible Card in this offer are not qualifying purchases
This Bonus Miles offer may take up to 2 billing cycles to appear on your statement and up to 90 days to be posted to your AIR MILES Collector Account, after you have completed the eligible purchases. American Express is responsible for fulfillment of this offer. LoyaltyOne, Co. is not responsible for this Bonus Miles offer. The Bonus Miles will be reversed if return or exchange results in less than $100 in qualifying purchase(s) being charged to the enrolled American Express Card or associated supplementary cards during the offer period.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
mikka2017 wrote: where did u get this list? if yes, then the 150$gc from FOODLAND will stack!
The list is intended to cover places where grocery is sold and AMEX accepted. I have no idea whether AMEX treats these stores as grocery locations for the purpose of this promotion. And from what I am gathering, even AMEX's own reps are not clear on this either. Perhaps whoever used AMEX at these locations before can confirm via their online statements whether their transactions are categorized as grocery or not.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
i guess i can buy $100 worth of gc from safeway ... and done with this promo? :)
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
ValueHunter999 wrote: i guess i can buy $100 worth of gc from safeway ... and done with this promo? :)
That's probably the safest bet. I took my chances and bought a $100 save-on-foods card. It's definitely a grocery store and according to the T&C"s of the promo there's no reason it shouldn't be eligible
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
ffonly wrote: That's probably the safest bet. I took my chances and bought a $100 save-on-foods card. It's definitely a grocery store and according to the T&C"s of the promo there's no reason it shouldn't be eligible
cool ... do you know what gc safeway sells?
I was hoping to buy some esso gc or something which i can use elsewhere which won't accept amex ...
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
ValueHunter999 wrote: cool ... do you know what gc safeway sells?
I was hoping to buy some esso gc or something which i can use elsewhere which won't accept amex ...
Haven't been to Safeway in awhile and to be honest I never really look at gift cards anywhere. Save on had a lot such as Netflix, keg, Canadian tire, Petrocan/esso gas cards just to name a few off the top of my head. I would imagine Safeway would have a good selection too
Jan 21, 2007
571 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
Wish I registered for this....arghhh. I got last month's no issue.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
ffonly wrote: Haven't been to Safeway in awhile and to be honest I never really look at gift cards anywhere. Save on had a lot such as Netflix, keg, Canadian tire, Petrocan/esso gas cards just to name a few off the top of my head. I would imagine Safeway would have a good selection too
i just called to double check which grocery stores are eligible ... and was told that there is no list ... but any stores that accept amex and appear as grocery store will be eligible ... big box stores that have a section selling grocery may not be eligible ...

i guess it all depends on what the purchase appear as to amex ... if they appears on the receipt as grocery ... then you are ok ...
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
ValueHunter999 wrote: i just called to double check which grocery stores are eligible ... and was told that there is no list ... but any stores that accept amex and appear as grocery store will be eligible ... big box stores that have a section selling grocery may not be eligible ...

i guess it all depends on what the purchase appear as to amex ... if they appears on the receipt as grocery ... then you are ok ...
Awesome, thanks for checking with them!
Jun 6, 2008
346 posts
110 upvotes
I am going to try it at Metro, seems to be the only grocer in Quebec that accepts AMEX (along with their other banner, Super C).

I have verified (but sorta knew anyway) that neither Loblaws banners nor IGA accept AMEX.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1074 posts
477 upvotes
Oakville
Can you buy $150 Sobeys GC and get 150 AM from Sobeys by using Amex and also getting this 400 AM?
Aug 23, 2016
249 posts
70 upvotes
Guelph
I bought a $100 Canadian Tire gift card at Metro, I had to buy a new battery for my truck anyways so hopefully this is a win win situation.