Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
ANA

ANAther ANA sale from West cities to SE Asia $471-700s

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2018 7:17 pm
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes

ANAther ANA sale from West cities to SE Asia $471-700s

Price:
Retailer:
ANA
Update 2/14: The deal is still here, I see Bangkok fares in $500s from Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, in $600-700s from Regina and Winnipeg, possibly from more cities for throughout the year.

A few times a year, ANA offers very good prices to SE Asia, whether simple round trips or open jaws. I've searched for Vancouver (YVR) departures only, but in the past, other cities got good prices as well, go try and report.

For simple round trips, YVR-Bangkok (BKK) seems to be the cheapest for $537 on Google Flights. The date is limited, departure seems to be 5/30 only, there's an overnight layover in Tokyo on way back. You may find better prices, dates, itineraries on other sites like momondo.ca. Other SE Asian cities such as Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Manila, not hard to find for $500-800, still very reasonable considering the quality of service by ANA.
https://www.google.ca/flights/beta?sour ... 1;sd:1;t:f

For open jaws, I've tried YVR-BKK, then coming back from all kinds of cities in SE Asia, coming back from SIN yielded the best price for $471. Other cities have similar prices as simple round trips. This isn't the cheapest open jaw that I've seen from ANA, but I'm currently in the process of booking with the best itinerary that I'll work for me, I'll report more info as I find something else.

For those wanting to go to Tokyo, you'll never find fares this low, but it's possible to create a stopover in Tokyo for $100 more with my YVR-BKK, SIN-YVR itinerary, so I think it'll work with other destinations as well. Here's a sample search:
https://www.google.ca/flights/beta?sour ... .CAD.57081
Last edited by maverikbc on Feb 8th, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
19 replies
Apr 4, 2016
75 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
This is almost exactly what i needed!!! Need to find a way to stop in HKG for a few days though! argh
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
4053 posts
1127 upvotes
North York
Yes I want to go to Japan - trying to find the best way to do so from Toronto. will explore this tomorrow for sure - bed time now. TY OP
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135816 upvotes
888888 upvotes
I can't seem to find any prices lower than $600.

Trying to find something like
Vancouver to Taiwan/HK/Japan or China
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1853 posts
5628 upvotes
For Vancouver to Bangkok, roundtrip flights can be had at $518 CAD roundtrip if you book through an OTA (through Momondo):

https://www.momondo.ca/flightsearch/?Se ... ntent=7199

Example dates:
23rd May – 4th Jun
24th May – 4th Jun
24th May – 5th Jun
29th May – 5th Jun
31st May – 12th Jun
7th-14th Jun
7th-18th Jun
11th-18th Jun

http://www.secretflying.com/posts/vanco ... roundtrip/
Deal Addict
May 19, 2004
1816 posts
430 upvotes
Edmonton
June 7-14 shows $1500 on google flights with Ana but $519 through monmondo. How could that be?

Monmondo is using a company called gotogate that I've never heard of. Same flight on Expedia is $1500
Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1853 posts
5628 upvotes
5abi wrote: June 7-14 shows $1500 on google flights with Ana but $519 through monmondo. How could that be?

Monmondo is using a company called gotogate that I've never heard of. Same flight on Expedia is $1500
Thinking Face
Read this Tripadvisor thread for reference:

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1 ... ravel.html

Buyer beware, reading some of the Tripadvisor thread on them, it looks like a very poor OTA (online travel agency) to choose.

Personally I hate booking with any OTA, because once the airline makes any changes to your itinerary it can be a pain. Booking directly with an airline is the best option (in my opinion).

If the savings is significant enough, I'll book with a good OTA. However, even with a $1000 difference, this OTA looks pretty sketchy, and may not be worth the chance/headaches.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
cryingx wrote: boo, not seeing anything from YYZ :(
You guys keep getting deals for Europe and Middle East though, while we rarely get from YVR.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
sheriffabc wrote: Yes I want to go to Japan - trying to find the best way to do so from Toronto. will explore this tomorrow for sure - bed time now. TY OP
Other than making a stop over with ANA, from YYZ, maybe you can buy a cheap ticket to China, then get an award ticket from FFP such as Aeroplan between China and Japan, or buy another ticket from one of LCCs.
Last edited by maverikbc on Feb 9th, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1215 posts
661 upvotes
Good deal pctravel also has similar pricing for thouse with the card ( slightly more but more safe than gotogate,)

2ndly if you are from kelowna you can go from kelowna instead for around $620 cad ( which is even a hotter deal) but it doesn't work with PC travel.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: I can't seem to find any prices lower than $600.

Trying to find something like
Vancouver to Taiwan/HK/Japan or China
Hence the 'SE Asia' in title. I've never seen great prices to E Asia with ANA. I have no idea why ANA sells off to SE Asia regularly, not to E Asia. For HKG, I routinely see $500s with Chinese carriers or add $100+ to fly non stop with Cathay, HK Airlines, etc.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
5abi wrote: June 7-14 shows $1500 on google flights with Ana but $519 through monmondo. How could that be?

Thinking Face
That's a good example why you should never stop your search with Google Flights, but also search on momondo.ca, kayak.com, etc.

I find Google Flights are great and quick finding pricing trends: which dates are cheapest to fly.

On momondo, it often lands me less known OTAs with the lowest fares, but it's horribly slow, and it seems that I need to run searches on each dates to get prices.

Some OTAs via Momondo, they have switch and bite: it says the fare is sold out, but its available for $xxx more. Some of them even add surcharges for CC payments, although I still recommend you to pay with your CCs than any other payment methods.

So I run searches in this order: Google Flights, momondo, kayak, BMO Rewards (because I want to burn reward points), then my favorite OTAs.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9931 posts
1371 upvotes

Thinking Face
Momomdo uses 3rd party agencies to book. I used exploreTrip to book my UA operated by ANA flights back in Nov. Just make sure you get a ticket number from the airline.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
oj777 wrote: Read this Tripadvisor thread for reference:

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1 ... ravel.html

Buyer beware, reading some of the Tripadvisor thread on them, it looks like a very poor OTA (online travel agency) to choose.

Personally I hate booking with any OTA, because once the airline makes any changes to your itinerary it can be a pain. Booking directly with an airline is the best option (in my opinion).

If the savings is significant enough, I'll book with a good OTA. However, even with a $1000 difference, this OTA looks pretty sketchy, and may not be worth the chance/headaches.
I've never used GoToGate.

I've been introduced to many less known OTAs via Momondo such as ExploreTrip, NanakFlights, etc, all of them have been fairly quick to issue confirmed tix.

One time, there was a significant time and routing change with Delta that I bought from FlightNetwork. FlightNetwork is well known among OTAs, but their customer service was horrible. Wait time on phone is usually long. First rep told me a specialized rep will give me a call. Never happened after a week. I called them again, the 2nd rep told me a specialized rep will call me a week prior to departure (huh??). Luckily, the Delta rep that I talked to didn't give me run arounds, but I was able to change date and routing with no charge. However, I've heard many stories that airlines tend to give you runarounds by telling them to contact OTAs where ticket is bought from, that's why I contacted FlightNetwork.

Another advantage if you buy directly from most NA airlines and Priceline, etc is that you can cancel for free within 24 hours. For error fares, I usually buy from NA airlines so I can do 'buy now think later' before fares are gone. It's up to you to decide.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
bryceton wrote: Good deal pctravel also has similar pricing for thouse with the card ( slightly more but more safe than gotogate,)

2ndly if you are from kelowna you can go from kelowna instead for around $620 cad ( which is even a hotter deal) but it doesn't work with PC travel.
$620 from Kelowna is pretty reasonable.

I think I get 2% back if i use my PCMC with PC travel, but I've neer done that because it doesn't come with travel insurance. Their World Elite comes with that?

I think PC Travel price matches with any Canadian OTAs, but by the time it gets matched, I have a feeling that the ANA deals may be gone.
Mar 26, 2004
387 posts
290 upvotes
Ottawa
Just returned from Thailand. Tickets were purchased through gotogate. No issues whatsoever in my case.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
maverikbc wrote: Some OTAs via Momondo, they have switch and bite: it says the fare is sold out, but its available for $xxx more.
See, this is what I was talking about. I'm surprised even a big OTA like Expedia uses switch and bite. Momondo can be a big time waster..

I'm currently trying to look for SEA-AMS for C$459 or less.
Images
  • momondo price increase.jpg
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1215 posts
661 upvotes
maverikbc wrote: $620 from Kelowna is pretty reasonable.

I think I get 2% back if i use my PCMC with PC travel, but I've neer done that because it doesn't come with travel insurance. Their World Elite comes with that?

I think PC Travel price matches with any Canadian OTAs, but by the time it gets matched, I have a feeling that the ANA deals may be gone.
ANA deal has actually been on for 3 weeks. This is a deal from another website.
To do price matches with PC travel call them during business hours

they will likely say there system already has the price and it's just not updated online in order to not give you the bonus gc...

*NOTE: with PC travel there is no 24 hour after booking cancellation policy, all tickets are final
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
The deal is still here, I see Bangkok fares in $500s from Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, in $600-700s from Regina and Winnipeg, possibly from more cities for throughout the year.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)