Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[ANA/UA] Montreal to Ho Chi Minh + 24-hour stopover in Tokyo - $676 All-in

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2017 7:41 pm
Dec 2, 2013
738 posts
1227 upvotes

[ANA/UA] Montreal to Ho Chi Minh + 24-hour stopover in Tokyo - $676 All-in

Deal Link:
Price:
Just want to share this deal that I have just booked. You get a trip to Vietnam and spend 24 hours in Tokyo. Booking is done directly through United Airline Website and you have 24 hours to cancel with full refund which can be a plus for some. You need to use the Multi-City search feature on Google Flights to design a trip as this one. I purposely built it to have a 24-hour layover in Tokyo so I can spend a day there, all the other layovers are very shorts ranging from 1 hour to 2 hours. The reason why it's cheap is because the Tokyo stop is technically a layover (23.5 hours) and not a stopover (>24 hours), otherwise you will probably have to pay an additional $150.

Last edited by elideli on Feb 22nd, 2017 11:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
45 replies
Jan 6, 2010
595 posts
749 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Nice deal, enjoy your trip!

What's the "Ai" in your title though? That got me stumped.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
3610 posts
2214 upvotes
I think it means All-In lol my guess though.

I got on this deal sort of last friday - $675 but no 24 hour layover in tokyo, just an hour. $675 to fly to Vietnam - Sold! Haven't been back since I was 6 :P
Dec 2, 2013
738 posts
1227 upvotes
TDNGUYEN wrote: I think it means All-In lol my guess though.

I got on this deal sort of last friday - $675 but no 24 hour layover in tokyo, just an hour. $675 to fly to Vietnam - Sold! Haven't been back since I was 6 :P
Well guessed! :D
Jun 21, 2012
130 posts
17 upvotes
Winnipeg

Great Deal!!!! Enjoy your trip
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
It's a good deal... paid like 1500 $ back in 2007
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
3610 posts
2214 upvotes
and you still will for flights like EVA and Cathay - these are more non-luxurious flights with inconvenient layovers (more than 1)

My parents still prefer to spend the extra 500+ to fly with EVA then fly these guys.... but obviously i prefer budget :D
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5185 posts
1828 upvotes
Mississauga
The 777 and CRJ700 on United are awful... the rest of the flights are ok, but good price.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1272 posts
765 upvotes
Both flights have layover in Tokyo ... is it possible to leave & board in Tokyo for both flights, for a cheap Japan trip?
THE CHILDREN ARE FINE!!!
Dec 2, 2013
738 posts
1227 upvotes
Forget it, there is no way, if you don't show up for any of the flight segments, all your tickets would be cancelled. I'm pretty sure there would be some promos coming soon for Tokyo, last year I got a return trip for 579$.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1272 posts
765 upvotes
Yeah...doesn't sound like its possible. That's a crazy deal you got for Tokyo ... planning to go mid May. How much longer to you think I should wait for deals before needing to book?
THE CHILDREN ARE FINE!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4211 posts
5052 upvotes
Montreal, QC

Very good deal, but I can tell you I paid $900 to go to Saigon from Montreal early March with Air China and I'm very happy to have paid an extra $200 to be able to *avoid* the US and have one less connection. It goes straight from Montreal to China, and China to Vietnam. Also, the Chinese flight attendants are much cuter than American ones ;-)
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
Jun 4, 2007
654 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
Same deal from YYZ.... Gonna book today, was in Vietnam last year and loved it....can easily fly to other cities internally...but ill look at maybe a visit to Cambodia.
Dec 2, 2013
738 posts
1227 upvotes
LyGuy wrote: Yeah...doesn't sound like its possible. That's a crazy deal you got for Tokyo ... planning to go mid May. How much longer to you think I should wait for deals before needing to book?
That is impossible to predict. Just keep watching.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4211 posts
5052 upvotes
Montreal, QC
g00f wrote: Same deal from YYZ.... Gonna book today, was in Vietnam last year and loved it....can easily fly to other cities internally...but ill look at maybe a visit to Cambodia.
Cambodia is very easy from Saigon/Ho Chi Minh, you can even go to a town north west of Saigon and take a boat from there to Cambodia, it's super nice. You can fly directly to Phnom Penh from Saigon but there's no fun in that ;-)
Jun 4, 2007
654 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
willy0275 wrote: Cambodia is very easy from Saigon/Ho Chi Minh, you can even go to a town north west of Saigon and take a boat from there to Cambodia, it's super nice. You can fly directly to Phnom Penh from Saigon but there's no fun in that ;-)
Oh cool, please share the boat city and route....I would love that.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4211 posts
5052 upvotes
Montreal, QC
g00f wrote: Oh cool, please share the boat city and route....I would love that.
From Chau Doc, Vietnam, you can easily get a boat to Phnom Penh and vice-versa. Just a tip if you go to Cambodia, bring lot of USD$1 bills, it's very handy.

PS: Don't forget you need multi-entry VISA if you intend on leaving Vietnam and getting back in, it's cheaper than re-applying for a VISA on the way back. I'm telling you because I got caught once on my way back from a mini trip to Singapore, I had to give them some "lucky money" not to be deported back to Singapore (the Airline made a mistake and should not have let me get back to Vietnam without a valid VISA).
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
3610 posts
2214 upvotes
LyGuy wrote: Both flights have layover in Tokyo ... is it possible to leave & board in Tokyo for both flights, for a cheap Japan trip?
For $115~ more - you can go from YYZ -> NRT -> SGN -> YYZ

Check using google flights multi city departures

Prices good for april/may ish... came out to $778 for that which is dirt cheap. I just didn't have time to go to NRT otherwise i would've added that leg.
Jun 4, 2007
654 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
My route is YYZ > ORD > HND > 23 hour layover > SGN

Back SGN > NRT > ORD > YYZ (about 24hours total .

total cost was $675cnd.

thanks for the Info and guidance willy0275, I was in Hanoi last fall and loved it, cant wait to see Saigon.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
3543 posts
475 upvotes
Vancouver
has anyone booked this? i've tried a couple of time from yvr at the same price but it hasn't worked yet

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)