Expired Hot Deals

[ANA/United]: Business class tickets ($4,043) for Ottawa-Tokyo-Hong Kong-Ottawa

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2018 12:55 am
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
3509 posts
1319 upvotes
Almost forgot. Clicked on the thumbs up to thank the OP for taking the time to post the deal. Hope to see more like it posted in RFD in future departing from airports across Canada. I always find premium fare deals interesting, even when I don't use them.
Jan 8, 2009
487 posts
358 upvotes
Has anyone actually bought a ticket?
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27991 posts
931 upvotes
Dildo, NL
Temporel wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 10:34 pm
If it is reimbursed, why hunt for deals?
LMFAO...I take it stewardship of your companies $$ isn't a concept you're too familiar with.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
PC Plus Tally: $2480 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Dec 12, 2005
916 posts
89 upvotes
MMMM wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 8:45 pm
And the island hopper can be booked with 40000 aeroplan pts one way. Just look for the united flight with 5 connections. Costs is $21 in taxes one way. That's for economy. Business availability is scarce and costs 87k one way,
I tried to look this up in Aeroplan, but I was limited to only three multi-city flights. Any tips on how to do this search?
Dec 12, 2010
572 posts
104 upvotes
humansoul wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 8:28 am
I tried to look this up in Aeroplan, but I was limited to only three multi-city flights. Any tips on how to do this search?
You have to call in to book and pay a $30 booking fee.

This site goes over it pretty well : https://canadiantraveltips.com/
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2460 posts
936 upvotes
humansoul wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 8:28 am

chaugh wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 8:37 am

You have to call in to book and pay a $30 booking fee.

This site goes over it pretty well : https://canadiantraveltips.com/
Do a one way booking from Guam(GUM) to Honalulu(HNL). Using October 15 as an example. 5 flight choices will pop up, and pick the one with 5 stops on United. The cost will be 40K aeroplan points and $21. Book. You do not have to call in and pay as there are no stops longer than a few minutes(30 min - 40 mins). This is not a multi city flight its a one way flight with 5 stops and considering the flight is often $1300 the flight is a great deal. You could book HNL/GUM/HNL for 80k return and $60 in taxes which is also just a round trip ticket. Now add YVR/GUAM/HNL/YVR. The taxes jump, cause AC metal shows up on some of the flights, to $240. Separate the Guam Honolulu part by a few weeks or months and use Guam to fly where ever in Asia.
Maximum Number of Stopovers
For round trips outside the North America, you are allowed 2 stopovers (stays over 24 hours), while within NA you get 1 stopover.
For one way trips, you don’t get any stopovers at all, but you can still do layovers.
You do not have call aeroplan to book your flights. If the flight is complicated calling is a good idea. For example if I wanted to fly YYJ -YYZ and there is no flights booked or the taxes are high for some reasons what can I do? Could book YYJ to somewhere close to YYZ or in my case book YYJ/SFO/YYZ. The taxes on the SFO-YYZ flight are $7. Do I call aeroplan? No way. If you call and try and book this route you will be told no way. But the flight is bookable.

If your comfortable booking trips on your own go ahead but getting stuck in an airport in Kenya might be worth paying $30 for.

Another good site for understanding Aeroplan with excellent MPM explantions:

prince of travel

Quick note:

Sorry OP for the thread hijack
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
5469 posts
1293 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad it's so pricey. I paid extra for premium economy to Japan once and wasn't worth it, I'd rather have put the money into a fancy hotel instead. But if you can afford all 5-star hotels you could probably swing business class as well.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2007
1459 posts
648 upvotes
Toronto
Angultra wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 2:37 pm
Too bad it's so pricey. I paid extra for premium economy to Japan once and wasn't worth it, I'd rather have put the money into a fancy hotel instead. But if you can afford all 5-star hotels you could probably swing business class as well.
facts
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1343 posts
766 upvotes
Toronto
Temporel wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 10:16 pm
Do people who buy $4,000 Business class plane tickets hang around a site like RFD?
We sure do...
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
May 26, 2006
214 posts
38 upvotes
I paid 2300 YYC-NRT in Business Class last year.
I hope that deal comes back again.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
3509 posts
1319 upvotes
For those in Vancouver:

Very few departure dates available, but Hainan Airlines has business class seats, YVR to PEK at decent prices. Shows up in Google Flights at CAD $2618, but when you click through to the airline the fare comes down to CAD $2366 return. One stop to YYC on WestJet....and no, I don't see where those in Calgary get anywhere near this fare. The flights I looked at had less than three hour connections, each direction. Hainan Airlines is rated as a 5 star airline by Skytrax.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1640 posts
1346 upvotes
Montreal
SwaunyJones wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 3:15 pm
We sure do...
What's the point in wasting time on RFD if you can "throw away" thousands of dollars on a premium plane ticket?
Sep 10, 2013
47 posts
14 upvotes
Montreal
I don't think that was the last time my friend.