• Jul 18th, 2015 7:29 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1406 posts
750 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Just wondering. I've got the Fido Moto G LTE, but I'm using it on koodo. Will I still get the OTA, or do I need to manually apply it?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
will888 wrote: If you want to be able to control wakelock issues, assuming you have them, you need at least to have root access. If you are not going to do that much, then you are at the mercy of whatever happns. The note line are pretty good with battery usage. The battery is removable, have a spare handy. You shouldn't have any range anxiety.
Definitely going to root it. Thanks again.
Nov 16, 2014
224 posts
112 upvotes
Ladysmith, BC
ahumanbeing wrote: Just wondering. I've got the Fido Moto G LTE, but I'm using it on koodo. Will I still get the OTA, or do I need to manually apply it?
My Moto G LTE was an unlocked phone from Future Shop. I'm on Koodo and got my notice 2 days ago.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1406 posts
750 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Hmm, I haven't received anything. I'm rooted, but am still running the original rom. I might just have to find the file and do it myself.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29539 posts
20458 upvotes
ahumanbeing wrote: Hmm, I haven't received anything. I'm rooted, but am still running the original rom. I might just have to find the file and do it myself.
If you do receive OTA updates, be wary of boot loops when you update while still rooted.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
will888 wrote: If you do receive OTA updates, be wary of boot loops when you update while still rooted.
Is this for all android devices?
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2012
1765 posts
344 upvotes
Mississauga
vt8888 wrote: <br />
<br />
For all rooted devices.
Its possible, but not necessarily happens all times. Often times a rooted device is unable to even download the update (Samsung custom counter/LG), or if it downloads it, it can't apply it (HTC).
Your Rights as a Wireless Consumer - http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/INFO_SHT/t15.htm

An Android a day keeps the Apple away.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)