Expired Freebies

Locked: [Amazon] Amazon Appstore (One-Paid App Per Day For Free) *Updated Daily*

SCORE
+66
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1133 posts
59 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ok - so this was burried deep in the thread.

If you are unable to download an app due to geographic restriction, it's probably because the same email is registered at amazon.com and amazon.ca. You need to flip the country to the app store you want to download from.

Here is how:
1) Go to "Manage my Kindle" http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fiona/ ... footer_myk
2) Change country
3) Update

Just did this in order to download tunein radio pro from amazon.ca. My kindle account was defaulting to the US. I needed to change it to Canada then I was able to download the app of the day from amazon.ca without an issue. Once completed, I went back into country setting and put it back to US.
Up and Atom!!!
If my thread or post was helpful, a "thank you" is always nice.
My RFD Feedback
My HeatWare
+2
May 12, 2010
898 posts
66 upvotes
Vaughan
fishlips20 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2013 8:33 am

If you are unable to download an app due to geographic restriction, it's probably because the same email is registered at amazon.com and amazon.ca. You need to flip the country to the app store you want to download from.

Here is how:
1) Go to "Manage my Kindle" http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fiona/ ... footer_myk
2) Change country
3) Update

Just did this in order to download tunein radio pro from amazon.ca. My kindle account was defaulting to the US. I needed to change it to Canada then I was able to download the app of the day from amazon.ca without an issue. Once completed, I went back into country setting and put it back to US.
I had an amazon account WAY before the .ca version ever existed. So my account is a US registered account and I don't mind that. If I use this method, can i switch back and forth seamlessly? I have my parents US address and my CA address stored in my account. Both are real/legit.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16010 posts
1413 upvotes
can someone upload the 'actual' apk of this amazon file? i know i can google NON amazon exact app, TIA

don't want to install that crapware
To get this app, install the Amazon Appstore:

After you sign into the Amazon Appstore on your device, please try again.
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
May 12, 2010
898 posts
66 upvotes
Vaughan
mtommy79 wrote:
May 25th, 2013 4:45 pm

Amazon.com Android Free App of the Day RSS Feed - https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user ... onappstore
Is there an RSS feed of the Canadian App of the day? I already had subbed to the US one but if they are going to continue to put up different apps for Canadians, then I'd like to sub to that one as well. I've already missed out on quite a few good free apps b/c of looking at only the US feed.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2009
1433 posts
375 upvotes
fishlips20 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2013 8:33 am

Here is how:
2) Change country
3) Update

I did all this for my account and still a no go on being able to get this app due to geographical restrictions. Everything is registered under Canada too, no idea what the deal is with not being able to get this.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1133 posts
59 upvotes
Richmond Hill
palmer wrote:
Jun 5th, 2013 9:02 am
I did all this for my account and still a no go on being able to get this app due to geographical restrictions. Everything is registered under Canada too, no idea what the deal is with not being able to get this.
I have a US address for .com and a canadian address for .ca
both use the same email address

Amazon has realized both accounts are linked and defaults the app permissions to your country that is selected to your digital profile. Easiest way to change that is in the kindle store - by changing your address to a US address if you'd like to download US specific apps.

Worked for me. If you don't have a registered US address with amazon.com, it will likely not work
Up and Atom!!!
My RFD Feedback
My HeatWare
Deal Addict
May 26, 2009
1433 posts
375 upvotes
palmer wrote:
Jun 5th, 2013 9:02 am
nevermind got it fixed. had to change a us billing setting under payment methods also in order for this to work. I use an address in USA and in Canada so had a few extra change to make other then just the country
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1133 posts
59 upvotes
Richmond Hill
d_source wrote:
Jun 5th, 2013 8:43 am
I had an amazon account WAY before the .ca version ever existed. So my account is a US registered account and I don't mind that. If I use this method, can i switch back and forth seamlessly? I have my parents US address and my CA address stored in my account. Both are real/legit.
Works seamlessly for me. I didn't believe it either until i tried it this morning. I was defaulted to my US address. I changed it to my canadian one. Downloaded tunein pro from amazon.ca then rolled myself back to my US address. No issues at all.
Up and Atom!!!
My RFD Feedback
My HeatWare
Banned
Jan 20, 2013
280 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
Keep those updates coming please! I check this thread everyday! OP Thanked!
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
1769 posts
146 upvotes
Ottawa
Should mention, I've got US amazon Prime and Amazon Mom. The default shipping address was a US address. This wasn't allowing me to get the amazon.ca free app. Kept saying geographic restrictions. Even though the Manage my kindle page was set to Canada. Key was to change the default shipping address to Canada. download, then switch it back.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
3233 posts
693 upvotes
Thanks! I guess those apps are permanent.
I tried 1appaday or something and it wasn't permanent ..

this should be better :D I'll keep on checking this thread, thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1532 posts
104 upvotes
North York
i guess i'm lucky that with my amazon.ca account, i can get both the us and canadian store free app w/o any switching.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2009
1433 posts
375 upvotes
spawn582 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2013 9:42 am
i guess i'm lucky that with my amazon.ca account, i can get both the us and canadian store free app w/o any switching.
I can also now get both .com, and .ca apps also without switching anything. After I flipped my account to .ca and changed the default billing to Canada everything is all good.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
32746 posts
5559 upvotes
spawn582 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2013 9:42 am
Happened to me to. After a switch or two, I can get apps from both sides.
× < >