Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3285 posts
260 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
airmail wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 7:35 pm
Having same problems...try durex build
Ended up installing Kodi 17.0 and manually added the addons that I wanted. Much quicker.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
6742 posts
839 upvotes
Winnipeg
Typhoonz wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 8:15 pm
Ended up installing Kodi 17.0 and manually added the addons that I wanted. Much quicker.
spmc is back ported jarvis so should be a better choice for cheap boxes with no suport.. 17 you lose hd audio and refresh rate switching etc. If your going 17 you need to go libreelec.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1133 posts
150 upvotes
BC
Its best to install your preferred version of Kodi and construct your own build by adding your preferred add ons. Its far less bloated and Kodi does not take forever to close.
Dumb & Dumber
Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2006
6842 posts
1176 upvotes
Brampton
Try to make sure you can ping some of these sources. Some ISPs were blackholing some of these sources. It could be that some of the DNS records are still pointing to the old IPs. I know I was having that problem and it was slowing some of my streams noticeably.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12461 posts
2372 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I deleted the garbage custom kodi build (running 16.1) on my m9s pro and installed v17. Installed all of my required addons but for some reason, my smoothstreams addon takes about a minute to load the main page when I open it. That's compared to about 2-3 seconds on my shield tv running the same v17 of kodi. It's driving me nuts trying to figure out why this is happening. All the other kodi addons on my m9s pro launch relatively quickly.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3285 posts
260 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
lead wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 12:37 pm
spmc is back ported jarvis so should be a better choice for cheap boxes with no suport.. 17 you lose hd audio and refresh rate switching etc. If your going 17 you need to go libreelec.
http://spmc.semperpax.com/

Is that what you're recommending I install? If so, do I addons the same way as with regular Kodi? I.e., will it support exodus and such?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
6742 posts
839 upvotes
Winnipeg
Typhoonz wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 3:51 pm
http://spmc.semperpax.com/

Is that what you're recommending I install? If so, do I addons the same way as with regular Kodi? I.e., will it support exodus and such?
Its is kodi. By the former kodi android maintainer that resigned.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
1755 posts
305 upvotes
lead wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 12:37 pm
It's not a back ported jarvis.. not sure what that means (?)

They simply have not released their v17 yet which is based on Krypton, but as of version 16.5.0 Android 5.0 is required which won't work a number of the cheap boxes stuck on 4.4
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
6742 posts
839 upvotes
Winnipeg
Eldorado wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 4:47 pm
It's not a back ported jarvis.. not sure what that means (?)

They simply have not released their v17 yet which is based on Krypton, but as of version 16.5.0 Android 5.0 is required which won't work a number of the cheap boxes stuck on 4.4
sorry I was rushed at the time I replied.

Spmc is still jarvis based. However most changes are basically krypton 17 relevant fixes back ported. koying hasn't jumped to krypton builds, Its still not official 17.. not since i read the release info.

android 4.4 is kitkat. Kitkat's last official available build was 16.4.2. You could probably scour the dl site for a newer dated nightly before the bump to api 21.

Honestly It wouldn't surprise me if latest spmc dropped amlcodec too for media codec since the api is 21 now. Its a dead horse running kodi on those cheap amlogic boxes in android anymore. Its all on the firmware now it needs to follow googles api's. You need to buy "brand". They offer firmware support for android if you want proper functioning kodi in that environment.

The recommended route is to buy a fast sd card and run libreelec on s905/x instead.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12461 posts
2372 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
nasa25 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 12:47 pm
I deleted the garbage custom kodi build (running 16.1) on my m9s pro and installed v17. Installed all of my required addons but for some reason, my smoothstreams addon takes about a minute to load the main page when I open it. That's compared to about 2-3 seconds on my shield tv running the same v17 of kodi. It's driving me nuts trying to figure out why this is happening. All the other kodi addons on my m9s pro launch relatively quickly.
Updating to 17.1 fixed this issue. Go figure.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel