Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

CERBERUS Anti Theft App - FREE LIFETIME LICENSE (30 HOURS only)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2015 8:33 am
Tags:
None
Jul 15, 2011
275 posts
305 upvotes
Vancouver

CERBERUS Anti Theft App - FREE LIFETIME LICENSE (30 HOURS only)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
100%
Expiry:
April 25, 2014
It's Cerberus 3rd birthday, let's celebrate!

Oh, and since it's Cerberus birthday we need to celebrate: all new accounts created for the next 30 hours will get a free license! The promotion starts now (midnight GMT) and ends at 6 AM of April 26.

[QUOTE]Cerberus is a complete anti-theft application, the best protection you can get to recover your misplaced, lost or stolen Android device. This is a free trial for one week, then you can buy a lifetime license for a small price (2.99€) <<$4.52 CAD>> from within the application: no monthly or yearly fees, just a one-time payment. License is associated to your Cerberus account, if you have multiple devices you can use all of them (up to 5) with the same account.

It has three ways to protect your device:
- Remote control through the website www.cerberusapp.com
- Remote control via text messages
- SIM Checker (for devices that have a SIM card): you will automatically receive alerts if someone uses your phone with an unauthorized SIM card
Remote control allows you to perform many operations on your device, like:
- Locate and track it
- Start a loud alarm, even if the device is set to silent mode
- Wipe the internal memory and the SD card
- Hide Cerberus from the app drawer
- Lock the device with a code
- Record audio from the microphone
- Get a list of last calls sent and received
- Get information about network and operator the device is connected to
- And much more!

Cerberus automatically enables GPS if it is off when you try to localize your device (only on Android < 2.3.3) and you can protect it from unauthorized uninstalling - more info in the app configuration.
The app works even if the device does not have an internet connection thanks to remote control by sms messages. Also, the SIM Checker feature allows you to know the new number to send texts to, if the SIM card is changed. Texts received and sent for Cerberus remote control will not start any notification and will not appear in the Messages application.
Cerberus does not drain the battery because there is no background service running: it will activate only if there is a remote control request and will stop afterwards.
More features for rooted devices: complete uninstall protection (a thief will be able to delete Cerberus only by flashing another ROM), GPS auto-enabling even on Android > 2.3.3. More info on the website in the Help section.[/QUOTE]

-------

This is one of my favourite Android security apps because you can integrate it deep into the ROM (root required I think) to prevent factory resets from killing it. Been meaning to get a license for a while now, but now it's free!
79 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14957 posts
2917 upvotes
Toronto
Awesome. It's a great app and I use it for all of my devices. It's well worth the £2.99 I paid years ago.
Nov 24, 2006
820 posts
204 upvotes
Thanks for the heads up!
Deal Addict
May 28, 2006
1049 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
Big thanks
Heatware/HoFo upon request
Feb 10, 2010
104 posts
48 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanks OP! Didn't know you could do all this stuff remotely, so cool :)
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2589 posts
638 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Does Google provide similar function?
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
3333 posts
1227 upvotes
Toronto
Just to confirm you have the lifetime license, you will get an email acknowledgment and in the app itself there should be no option to 'buy license'.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
568 upvotes
Near Toronto
ma678 wrote: Does Google provide similar function?
yes. Google Device Manager
Sep 27, 2009
777 posts
530 upvotes
Sask, Canada
Just got my free license. Pretty neat app!
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2995 posts
601 upvotes
Burnaby
thanks OP.
MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM; AMD Ryzen 5 3600; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB + 16GB; WD Black SN770 1TB;
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
Free install and registered? How's battery drain on this app? That's my main peeve
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
mikka1989 wrote: Free install and registered? How's battery drain on this app? That's my main peeve
Does it work with nex7 fhd? Or only cell sim cards devices
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
mikka1989 wrote: Does it work with nex7 fhd? Or only cell sim cards devices
I have this working on my Asus Transformer TF101
Feb 20, 2007
645 posts
139 upvotes
Is there any way to get these Android apps without an android device??? (ie. like with ios apps and itunes)... :confused:
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2010
1020 posts
462 upvotes
TSM wrote: Is there anyway to get these Android apps without an android device??? (ie. like with ios apps and itunes)... :confused:
Not only can you get them, you can access them on your PC/Mac. http://www.bluestacks.com/app-player.html

You'll need to sign up for a Google account (obviously) but Bluestacks works like a charm.
Sep 4, 2005
294 posts
287 upvotes
Or this one's free:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... roid.suite

PRIVACY
★Multi-User App Profiles-Restrict access to your apps by using one of the three profiles provided by the App Profile feature to create “safe” zones for your kids, friends, family or even a stranger. You control what apps others see on your device
★App Lock—Lock apps with sensitive content to protect your privacy
★ App Protection—Scans apps and reports about apps that may expose your data without your explicit consent including exposure posed by embedded or mobile ad libraries
★ Call Blocker and SMS Filter—Easily block unwanted calls, numbers and texts—prevent spam

ANTI-THEFT
★ CaptureCam - Silently takes a snapshot of the person holding your lost device and emails the photo to you along with the device location. Snapshot triggers include multiple times of incorrect PIN entry and first key press on device after delivery of a message sent from the McAfee remote management portal
★ S.O.S - Automatically saves the last location of your device before it runs out of battery
★ Device Lock—Prevent misuse of your phone and personal info by remotely locking it
★ Remotely Wipe Data—Wipe select data or revert to factory default settings
★ Backup and Restore Data—Preserve contacts and SMS’ on demand, or on a schedule, then restore your information to your new device
★ Locate and Track — Find your device if it is lost or stolen. View its location on a map; send a text to prompt its return
★ Alarm — Initiate a remote alarm to locate your device if it’s hiding nearby
★ Uninstall Protection—Keep a thief—or another user—from uninstalling the app and accessing your Android tablet or phone
★ Remotely manage your mobile security from one central, easy-to-use web portal or even via SMS texts using any smartphone or tablet

ANTIVIRUS AND WEB PROTECTION
★ Android Antivirus—Scans for malicious code from files, SD card, apps and Internet downloads
★ Safe Mobile Web Surfing—Protection against web threats by blocking access to risky sites from texts, emails, QR codes and social networking sites
★ Wi-Fi Security-Alerts you of unsecured Wi-Fi connections
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4482 posts
2024 upvotes
it's the only app I ever paid for.. today, I'll tell everyone I know to download it. Ty OP

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)