Hot Deals

[Android & iOS] [Aware - Meditation & Mindfulness] [$75 -> FREE] [Giveaway: Lifetime access to Aware Premium]

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2018 9:15 am
Feb 6, 2013
45 posts
7 upvotes
Oakville
jaksdj22 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2018 4:25 pm
How can u have happy life without wealth? Does it offer free money in app
jaksdj22 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2018 5:19 pm
Money = happy
Yeah yeah not all of us are 100% materialists here eh (even on RFD). Regardless of below graphs showing correlation (not causation) I know people that are majorly screwed up in the head and can't form proper relationships (even professional ones, ironically) because their parents only cared about money and academic success.
Last edited by RoseTech on Jun 25th, 2018 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1102 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal
There is a correlation between happiness and income, up to $70,000. More than that doesn't buy any more happiness.

There is a correlation between income and life expectancy, with the wealthiest American men living on average 15 years longer than the poorest. For women, the richest live 10 years longer on average.

IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Nov 14, 2012
321 posts
143 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Aug 22, 2007
31 posts
14 upvotes
frugalfruit wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 10:22 am
The original price was $75? That is ridiculous.
Headspace is a direct competitor and it is $96 a year or $399 for lifetime memberships. Of all the silly things I have purchased over the years, I consider my Headspace membership a good return on investment. That being said, it really clicked for me personally, in a time when I was developing my routines and career. It is not for everyone.
Mar 26, 2018
14 posts
1 upvote
bamrobinson wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 10:28 am
Headspace is a direct competitor and it is $96 a year or $399 for lifetime memberships. Of all the silly things I have purchased over the years, I consider my Headspace membership a good return on investment. That being said, it really clicked for me personally, in a time when I was developing my routines and career. It is not for everyone.
Headspace has been very helpful in helping me reframe my thinking and approach to dealing with stress.

Thanks OP for sharing this. Excited to see how this measures up to Headspace.
Sep 9, 2017
24 posts
32 upvotes
As a healthcare practitioner, I find this to be great - I'll try it, and maybe I can recommend it to patients (all while destressing along the way!). Thanks OP!!!
Sep 6, 2008
54 posts
16 upvotes
jaksdj22 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2018 4:25 pm
How can u have happy life without wealth? Does it offer free money in app
If it makes my wife happy, my life will be happy Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Sep 6, 2008
54 posts
16 upvotes
Noobzilla wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 2:06 am
There is a correlation between happiness and income, up to $70,000. More than that doesn't buy any more happiness.
Where did you get that from? Do you perhaps work for an HR department trying to justify the low wages? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

With 70,000 you can barely make rent in Vancouver, I damm as hell would be able to be happier if I didn't have to worry about paying the rent every month, that would take at least $120,000 in Vancouver. I think that number ($70,000) is for a farmer in a tiny Mexican village. I don't know what happiness means to you, but to me it means that I'm able to explore my interests without time, distance or resource limitations. If I'm sick and I need IVIG injections at a cost of $125,000/year (yes, that's how much they cost), I damm as hell would not be happy if I only made $70,000 per year. If I want to learn to play the piano, but I can't afford the lessons, will I be happy? no because I'll be frustrated. If I want to see the Mona Lisa in person to experience what DaVinci created, I sure as hell will need to be able to afford the flight. So yeah, that study that keeps getting quoted time and time again is either being taken completely out of context (applies only to third world countries where average wages are < $10,000) or the data is so flawed and skewed that it's complete bullshit. No, money can't buy happiness, but it sure as hell can take away the things that make you unhappy.
Noobzilla wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 2:06 am
There is a correlation between income and life expectancy, with the wealthiest American men living on average 15 years longer than the poorest. For women, the richest live 10 years longer on average.

This I believe (specially since the American 100 percentile means well over 1 million/year). More income means being able to buy better quality food, which is healthier, it means having a professional cook it for you so it's not overly salty or greasy and well balanced in nutrition, it means being able to afford top notch health care which translates into earlier detection and treatment of life threatening conditions. More income also means a better education, which if you put it into practice will lead you to make safer choices.

So kinda funny that you quote two studies that completely argue against each other ...
Nov 22, 2017
9 posts
11 upvotes
Thanks very much! Looking to get into something like this. Great find.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)