Hot Deals

[Android & iOS] [Aware - Meditation & Mindfulness] [$75 -> FREE] [Giveaway: Lifetime access to Aware Premium]

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2018 9:39 pm
Jan 5, 2007
172 posts
40 upvotes
hectorh wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 11:37 am
Where did you get that from? Do you perhaps work for an HR department trying to justify the low wages? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

With 70,000 you can barely make rent in Vancouver, I damm as hell would be able to be happier if I didn't have to worry about paying the rent every month, that would take at least $120,000 in Vancouver. I think that number ($70,000) is for a farmer in a tiny Mexican village. I don't know what happiness means to you, but to me it means that I'm able to explore my interests without time, distance or resource limitations. If I'm sick and I need IVIG injections at a cost of $125,000/year (yes, that's how much they cost), I damm as hell would not be happy if I only made $70,000 per year. If I want to learn to play the piano, but I can't afford the lessons, will I be happy? no because I'll be frustrated. If I want to see the Mona Lisa in person to experience what DaVinci created, I sure as hell will need to be able to afford the flight. So yeah, that study that keeps getting quoted time and time again is either being taken completely out of context (applies only to third world countries where average wages are < $10,000) or the data is so flawed and skewed that it's complete bullshit. No, money can't buy happiness, but it sure as hell can take away the things that make you unhappy.

This I believe (specially since the American 100 percentile means well over 1 million/year). More income means being able to buy better quality food, which is healthier, it means having a professional cook it for you so it's not overly salty or greasy and well balanced in nutrition, it means being able to afford top notch health care which translates into earlier detection and treatment of life threatening conditions. More income also means a better education, which if you put it into practice will lead you to make safer choices.

So kinda funny that you quote two studies that completely argue against each other ...
Millennial? Try to find a job in a place that isn't the hottest housing market in Canada. Life would be a bit slower but easier and cheaper. How much does stress correlate to your health and life expectancy?

Things I learned after doing a few years of university/college - I should have gone into trades. The education to income ratio is huge and you start earlier. More education does not necessarily mean more income.

Sorry OP for the off topic. Thanks for the free app, will try it out.
Apr 15, 2014
229 posts
52 upvotes
Montreal
Just activated my account! Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1003 posts
241 upvotes
If money don't bring happiness why rich folks don't give away more of their money to be happier lol. With anything you need to know how to use it for the intend purpose.
Aug 17, 2010
81 posts
19 upvotes
Duuuuude wrote:
Jun 5th, 2018 5:57 pm
Not true at all. Tell that to the millionaires committing suicide these days.
Now it's Anthony Bourdain. (RIP)

Humans' basic principles nowadays are greed and capitalism. They believe others are replaceable (even when they're gone) just as their cars, mobile phones, or their wad of $$$.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
7019 posts
6796 upvotes
Has anyone really played around with this app yet, and how do you like it?

I want to give it a fair shot, but haven't had the time yet.
Mar 13, 2012
291 posts
142 upvotes
Surrey
IDStorms wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 1:21 pm
Has anyone really played around with this app yet, and how do you like it?

I want to give it a fair shot, but haven't had the time yet.
It’s not effective. Still feel down everyday
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
7019 posts
6796 upvotes
jaksdj22 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 1:23 pm
Thanks for the input, I hope you find something that will work for you; be it an app, or some other kind of support.

I'm not expecting this thing to do wonders, but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
Jun 8, 2018
2 posts
2 upvotes
jaksdj22 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 1:23 pm
It takes 6-8 weeks of 20 minutes a day to make permanent changes in the brain. Meditation is a slow but effective process.
Dec 16, 2009
82 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton
I often wonder why apps require so many permissions and it makes me hesitant to install. For example, why does it need "precise location" and "phone status and identity"?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1435 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
IDStorms wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 1:31 pm
Thanks for the input, I hope you find something that will work for you; be it an app, or some other kind of support.

I'm not expecting this thing to do wonders, but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
I've done 4 of the foundational courses, you need to do them all before unlocking the other courses.
Somewhat repetitive if you've already been meditating but probably not a bad idea to do a refresher.
May 23, 2003
345 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Deal dead? Signed up previously went well (thanks OP). Now trying to sign-up my friend and shows invalid code? Anyone still getting it to work?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
7019 posts
6796 upvotes
Stupy76 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 1:11 pm
Deal dead? Signed up previously went well (thanks OP). Now trying to sign-up my friend and shows invalid code? Anyone still getting it to work?
phailphish wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 1:44 pm
Just got the promo code to work... 1:40 PM
Just tried, and it's still working!
Valid coupon. User has been upgraded successfully

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)