Tags:
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls

Android Oreo

Anyone install the beta yet?

I've had it running for about 30 minutes. There is a notification at the top telling me mifit is running in the background. Super annoying so far. Looks like you can disable the notification for up to 2 hours but hopefully there will be a way to fully disable that. I don't mind being told, but let me tell the phone if I give a damn or not.

Haven't had a chance to test out bluetooth volume yet but I sure hope to Jebus they let me keep it at max volume. I despise having to turn up the volume every time I connect my phone to my car radio.
20 replies
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
I know one guy running the beta on his pixel and loves it. As I don't have the pixel, no chance for me to run beta. Although I do plan on flashing it via custom ROM once it's available.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
May 10, 2009
127 posts
89 upvotes
Peel
Flashed factory image on my Nexus 6P with no issues. Also re-rooted and installed suhide as well and Android Pay is working.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
omote wrote: Flashed factory image on my Nexus 6P with no issues. Also re-rooted and installed suhide as well and Android Pay is working.
Good to hear. Might have to go that route if they don't get rid of the app running in the background notification. I'm well aware my MiBand app is running. I want it to run, that's why I installed it. I'm not sure how long I'm going to put up with putting the notification to sleep for 2 hours.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
1263 posts
244 upvotes
GTA
omote wrote: Flashed factory image on my Nexus 6P with no issues. Also re-rooted and installed suhide as well and Android Pay is working.
Which suhide did you use?
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21222 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA
I got it OTA for my Nexus 6, the update didn't do much I find. No night mode, no Pixel features, oh well.

But I've been having great battery life on my Nexus 6P after replacing the battery on Android 8 DP4 before making the jump to Oreo.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I think I might have figured out how to disable the notification for apps running in the background, won't really know for a few hours but hopefully.

If it works, what I did was when the notification came up, I swiped down from the notification bar, let swiped left on the notification, click on the settings cog, scrolled down to background apps, clicked on the text, then changed priority to low (no visual or audio notification).

Here's to hoping.

edit: Pleased to report it has worked. I no longer get the notification icon in the top left of the notification bar. When I swipe down it still gives me a list apps running in the background but that is perfectly fine imo. Now to find something else to hate.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
4420 posts
313 upvotes
Toronto
Man I am still running marshmallow since I have an Xperia Z3. Need a new phone and hoping that the pixel XL2 will be the replacement.

I don't think i noticed many features that caught my eye. Did they add a way to change the notifications in one section like iOS? One thing apple did do right was that.
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5701 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
Oreo is now officially out

Can you guys who have updated do me a favour and tell me your build number under Settings > About Phone? Also, what carrier you're using. Thanks

Just trying to figure out if it matters which OTA file I should sideload.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Dave98 wrote: Oreo is now officially out

Can you guys who have updated do me a favour and tell me your build number under Settings > About Phone? Also, what carrier you're using. Thanks

Just trying to figure out if it matters which OTA file I should sideload.

This is what I have, I'm on Rogers but I also got mine from the beta program.

Not sure I ever got an official update.
Screenshot_20170829-205127.png
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5701 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
Evil Baby wrote: This is what I have, I'm on Rogers but I also got mine from the beta program.

Not sure I ever got an official update. Screenshot_20170829-205127.png
Thanks! I don't suppose you get another update if you check for it now? They just released official OTAs a few hours ago.

I'm only wondering because they have two builds and I wasn't sure which one to flash if I was on Koodo.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 8.56.53 PM.png
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Dave98 wrote: Thanks! I don't suppose you get another update if you check for it now? They just released official OTAs a few hours ago.

I'm only wondering because they have two builds and I wasn't sure which one to flash if I was on Koodo.
I just did another check and it says no updates for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1485 posts
869 upvotes
Markham
I am on Bell and downloading it now. After 1 hr I am only done 1/3 of the download. I think everyone is trying to download at the same time. LOL
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1485 posts
869 upvotes
Markham
My Bell phone has the same build number as the Rogers build shown in the image above.
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18018 posts
7061 upvotes
Toronto
tk1000 wrote: Some Nexus and Pixel device running Android Oreo are using mobile data even when Wi-Fi is turned on
https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/09/05/mobi ... roid-oreo/
Thanks. I enabled developer mode and disabled the Mobile Data Always On feature (https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/09/05/mobi ... roid-oreo/)
May 30, 2017
5 posts
Upgraded Nexus 5X to Android Oreo. Stuck in "boot loop" now. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)