None
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
12775 posts
5207 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ToniCipriani wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 5:13 pm
I tried once to tap to claim points, that did not work for some reason.
That's completely logical because the payments part of AP knows nothing about the loyalty cards part.
I ended up adding the barcode from the Android app to Android Pay, then deleted the app. I now just show the card to scan within Android Pay then switch over to my PCF card to pay.
Deleting the app makes it much less convenient to look up and load offers. It also makes it much harder to do a points inquiry.

I think I'll stick with double-tapping my PC MC card. That's convenient enough for me, at least compared to the alternatives.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
7458 posts
2630 upvotes
Markham
bylo wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 5:21 pm
That's completely logical because the payments part of AP knows nothing about the loyalty cards part.
PC Plus is completely aware of my virtual Android Pay number for the card, though. It's listed as a rewards card on PC Plus web.
Feb 10, 2003
826 posts
211 upvotes
Calgary
How has the acceptance rate for Scotia Gold Amex on AP been for people who have tried/used it?
Mine gets declined about 3 out of every 4 times, switch to the physical card with PIN and no problem.
Feb 17, 2017
587 posts
307 upvotes
Calgary
Strider wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 6:03 pm
How has the acceptance rate for Scotia Gold Amex on AP been for people who have tried/used it?
Mine gets declined about 3 out of every 4 times, switch to the physical card with PIN and no problem.
Unfortunately Amex contactless is pretty unreliable with a lot of terminals not supporting it. When using Samsung Pay I pretty much never even bother using the contactless and just use the mag stripe (Obviously you can't do that with Android Pay though)
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
1279 posts
152 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Question here about Android Pay that even Google can not answer for me.

I want to add my credit card ONLY TO THE ANDROID PAY APP, but when it's added, the google play store can see and use it for app purchases (I buy apps every once in a while but not games)
Is there a way to have my credit card number only accessible by Android PAY, and excluded from the Google Play App Store. No one knows?
Hi
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
7458 posts
2630 upvotes
Markham
GoodFellaz wrote:
Jan 19th, 2018 1:05 pm
Question here about Android Pay that even Google can not answer for me.

I want to add my credit card ONLY TO THE ANDROID PAY APP, but when it's added, the google play store can see and use it for app purchases (I buy apps every once in a while but not games)
Is there a way to have my credit card number only accessible by Android PAY, and excluded from the Google Play App Store. No one knows?
No, because the two are integrated. They are merging into one app eventually.

http://pocketnow.com/2018/01/08/android ... e-pay-name
Jan 27, 2008
638 posts
23 upvotes
Question for those who use both Android Pay and the TD Mobile Payment

I currently have Android Pay set as default, and set if open app supports tap and pay, use open app instead.

However, even if I open the TD mobile payment widget, or select TD mobile payment option through the TD app, the transaction still goes through Android Pay.

In fact, if I don't set TD as the default, the button that enables the mobile payment for 30 seconds is grayed out.

Anyone have the same issue/know any tips around that?

ps - Phone is the galaxy S8
pss - sucks that TD wouldn't sign onto android pay....
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
8524 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
I recalled that there was a CT master card Android Pay promotion about paying 5 transaction and get $10 CT money. Did someone already get the $10 CT money? Or where can I find that promotion details?
Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
7458 posts
2630 upvotes
Markham
206bw wrote:
Jan 24th, 2018 7:08 pm
sucks that TD wouldn't sign onto android pay....
They sunk development money into that POS app, so they aren't giving up on it anytime soon. Unless they actually see their bottomline hurt, which is kinda hard to happen.
Feb 17, 2017
587 posts
307 upvotes
Calgary
ToniCipriani wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 8:17 pm
They sunk development money into that POS app, so they aren't giving up on it anytime soon. Unless they actually see their bottomline hurt, which is kinda hard to happen.
Same situation with RBC although the terms and conditions were showing up on Android Pay with an RBC card a few weeks ago, so maybe RBC will be supporting android pay shortly.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
7458 posts
2630 upvotes
Markham
CanadianSpruce wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 9:46 pm
Same situation with RBC although the terms and conditions were showing up on Android Pay with an RBC card a few weeks ago, so maybe RBC will be supporting android pay shortly.
Interesting... it would look bad if RBC comes out with Android Pay before Tangerine, who has been "coming soon" since last Summer, lol.
Dec 20, 2017
207 posts
194 upvotes
Vancouver
CanadianSpruce wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 9:46 pm
Do you have a link where their TOS mention android pay? :o
Feb 17, 2017
587 posts
307 upvotes
Calgary
Delight wrote:
Jan 27th, 2018 8:04 pm
Do you have a link where their TOS mention android pay? :o
It came up when trying to add the card to Android Pay (and then failed after clicking agree), it doesn't do it anymore (says this card type is ineligible again)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
5457 posts
430 upvotes
TD app is a POS. The contactless payment never works or 9/10 times it would fail. I'm thinking of getting rid of my TD visa and switch to something else.
Dec 6, 2012
185 posts
57 upvotes
Montréal, QC
golden wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 1:54 pm
TD app is a POS. The contactless payment never works or 9/10 times it would fail. I'm thinking of getting rid of my TD visa and switch to something else.
Are you sure it's not your NFC antenna being picky? do you know where on your phone is it? do you let your phone ~1s on the terminal before removing it? Can you scan credit cards with an application like https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... emvnfccard?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)