• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2012 9:50 am
Tags:
Feb 21, 2012
461 posts
79 upvotes
NEWMARKET

Android tablet problem (hissing sound)

Finally got my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus and I have a problem. Whenever I'm using headphones, I hear a slight hissing sound (like white noise from a TV, except really quiet). The headphones work fine with other devices so it must be the tablet. Does anyone else have this problem with their 7 plus?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1887 posts
359 upvotes
North York
imho in the current marketplace i think the samsung galaxy tab 7.0 plus is the best value at $300 (only till may 17). you can buy from staples using a $15 or $20 off coupon to bring down the price. i see people on kijiji trying to sell the original galaxy tab 7 for $250+ so this is much better deal.

this tablet has an exynos chip which is better than the tegra2 that i see alot of android tabs have. also it's made in korea from the one i tried out.

so it's slim, fast, 8hr rated battery and will get the android 4.0 upgrade.
Banned
Nov 21, 2010
310 posts
48 upvotes
spandexninja wrote: Budget $250 (I may go up to $300 if there is something significantly better). Willing to buy refurbished if it's under warranty

-smaller than iPad. Kindle fire is a good size
-the newer the Android version, the better. I don't know if Android is user-upgradable but if so then version doesn't matter. I just need it to support as many apps as possible
-battery life of 6 hours or longer while browsing the web
-good wifi that won't disconnect. I've never had this problem with the iPad but I've heard of cheap tablets having disconnect issues.
-microSD, SD, or some kind of expandable memory

This might be what you are looking for, if you are looking for price below that http://www.123inkcartridges.ca/computer ... T_M03.html
I hope this help
Feb 21, 2012
461 posts
79 upvotes
NEWMARKET
Will be buying Samsung Galaxy tab 7 Plus tomorrow if there are no more suggestions.
Aug 3, 2006
45 posts
32 upvotes
Montreal
spandexninja wrote: Will be buying Samsung Galaxy tab 7 Plus tomorrow if there are no more suggestions.
Hello,

I suggest purchasing the new Samsung Galaxy 7.0 2. It ships with Ice Cream Sandwich (i.e. Android 4.0 - the newest version). It has garnered excellent reviews (http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/11/29411 ... 7-0-review). The only negative is that is has yet to be officially released in Canada. That said, you can purchase it from US retailer B&H Photo for US$249 + $9.33 shipping (including duties). See here: b-h-samsung-galaxy-tab-2-7in-249-99-us- ... s-1170033/

Hope this helps!
Feb 21, 2012
461 posts
79 upvotes
NEWMARKET
nickmar wrote: Hello,

I suggest purchasing the new Samsung Galaxy 7.0 2. It ships with Ice Cream Sandwich (i.e. Android 4.0 - the newest version). It has garnered excellent reviews (http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/11/29411 ... 7-0-review). The only negative is that is has yet to be officially released in Canada. That said, you can purchase it from US retailer B&H Photo for US$249 + $9.33 shipping (including duties). See here: b-h-samsung-galaxy-tab-2-7in-249-99-us- ... s-1170033/

Hope this helps!

Assuming Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus gets Android 4.0 update and Galaxy Tab 2 is $300 after customs, is there any reason to get 2 over Plus? The Plus looks like it has better specs.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1887 posts
359 upvotes
North York
spandexninja wrote: is this the Galaxy Tab PLUS or some other model?
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 95198.aspx

that's the one. unfortunately it looks like staples sale has ended already. at least you can call and pm and use a coupon.

the only thing going for the tab 2 over tab plus is android 4.0 preinstalled which the plus will get. even at 3.2 the plus is really fast. also, i guess the ir blaster (since it's us version) but the exynos trumps those 2 things to me.
Feb 21, 2012
461 posts
79 upvotes
NEWMARKET
ended up ordering the Galaxy Tab 7 Plus from Futureshop.
Feb 21, 2012
461 posts
79 upvotes
NEWMARKET
Finally got my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus and I have a problem. Whenever I'm using headphones, I hear a slight hissing sound (like white noise from a TV, except really quiet). The headphones work fine with other devices so it must be the tablet. Does anyone else have this problem with their 7 Plus?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)