Cell Phones

Android vs. iOS Geographic Poll

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2018 3:40 pm

Poll: Android or iOS and where?

• Total votes: 116. You have voted on this poll.
Android in Atlantic/Maritimes

2%
iOS in Atlantic/Maritimes

1%
Android in QC

3%
iOS in QC

3%
Android in ON

45%
iOS in ON

16%
Android in MB/SK

3%
iOS in MB/SK

0%
Android in AB/BC

19%
iOS in AB/BC

8%
[OP]
May 8, 2009
7417 posts
3447 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W

Android vs. iOS Geographic Poll

Taking a fun poll on prevalence of Android vs. iOS in different parts of Canada. If you reside in multiple regions or travel frequently, go by tax residency. If you use both, vote for whichever you use or prefer more (or which one you use for personal use).

Feel free to comment on whether your family and social circle are primarily on Android or iOS.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
28 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
15249 posts
5662 upvotes
Oakville
Android in Ontario here. Everybody I know except for my sister and my one buddy's wife uses Android (those two ladies use Apple).
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1957 posts
494 upvotes
Woodbridge
I was all Apple back when the iPhone 4 was out. Had the 4, had a MacBook Pro, iTunes was pretty much the biggest thing keeping me around and the thing I missed the most when switching. I went from having my own music library and playlists to just using Songza for random radio stations. iPhone 4 screen busted right around when the Nexus 5 came out. Got a Nexus 5 and have been hooked ever since. I like customizing and tinkering. Custom ROMS, kernels, launchers, xposed etc. I haven't used a phone stock out of the box since that iPhone 4. I can't see myself going back to Apple. Can't really see myself going to Samsung either tbh. It's almost gotten to the point where Samsung needs to be its own category separate from the rest of Android.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3548 posts
767 upvotes
GTA
Android for me but I'm very picky when it comes to the software. I can't stand the majority of the Android skins out there so I tend to stick to Nexus/Pixel phones. But then the hardware on those phones are underwhelming so the choices are meh for me. I don't enjoy rooting and trying roms anymore either so that's out for me as well.

I don't mind Samsung software as much as I used to but I still prefer stock over it a million times over.
Mar 4, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
I'm an Android user in Ontario. My family are all android users, although I know some friends who use iOS.
[OP]
May 8, 2009
7417 posts
3447 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Android in Ontario as well (but with QC numbers). Most family members also are in Ontario but use Android with QC numbers, though both my sisters seem to be the exception (iPhones with ON numbers).
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17209 posts
1509 upvotes
Woodbridge
I guess it's no surprise with majority of members being from ON right?

I'm the only one who uses both android & iOS butvoted for android.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
5727 posts
2320 upvotes
Canada
All Androids in family since Optimus One days (Koodo gift card deal from way back lol).

Then got a few Nexus 4s, a Note 4, Moto G4, Moto G5 Plus, Zenfone 3, Pixel 2 XL. Will probably replace the Motos and Zenfone this year.

Also have tried/sold a few other Androids - LG G4, Dtek50, GR5, A5 2017
Koodo and Tangerine customer
[OP]
May 8, 2009
7417 posts
3447 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
bembol wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 12:18 pm
I guess it's no surprise with majority of members being from ON right?

I'm the only one who uses both android & iOS butvoted for android.
ON majority was to be expected. If it were by metropolitan area, GTA would probably still hold a majority. Polls here have a maximum of ten options, so I couldn't add an option for both iOS and Android. This thread is just for fun, and hopefully somewhat reflects the RFD Cellphones sub-forum community.
RFDQ1016 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 12:22 pm
All Androids in family since Optimus One days (Koodo gift card deal from way back lol).

Then got a few Nexus 4s, a Note 4, Moto G4, Moto G5 Plus, Zenfone 3, Pixel 2 XL. Will probably replace the Motos and Zenfone this year.

Also have tried/sold a few other Androids - LG G4, Dtek50, GR5, A5 2017
Which phones were you successful or unsuccessful at selling?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
29283 posts
4340 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I’m actually surprised that android is winning in Ontario. I’m also on the Android (phone) camp. But my colleagues, family, peers etc are all on iOS

Like Dave98, I don’t have time to tinker and just prefer stock Android. That limits me to Pixel phones
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
5727 posts
2320 upvotes
Canada
titaniumtux wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 3:11 pm
ON majority was to be expected. If it were by metropolitan area, GTA would probably still hold a majority. Polls here have a maximum of ten options, so I couldn't add an option for both iOS and Android. This thread is just for fun, and hopefully somewhat reflects the RFD Cellphones sub-forum community.

Which phones were you successful or unsuccessful at selling?
Returned the LG G4 (didn't try selling, bought for personal use but didn't like LG UI), returned the Dtek50 (bought from Amazon, didn't like feel in hand).

Have sold Zoomer GR5 (took a while, but finally sold for $160 after unlocking). A5 2017 and S7 from Koodo sold quickly
[OP]
May 8, 2009
7417 posts
3447 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
RFDQ1016 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 5:41 pm
Returned the LG G4 (didn't try selling, bought for personal use but didn't like LG UI), returned the Dtek50 (bought from Amazon, didn't like feel in hand).

Have sold Zoomer GR5 (took a while, but finally sold for $160 after unlocking). A5 2017 and S7 from Koodo sold quickly
I imagine $160 for Zoomer GR5 is not too shabby.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
5727 posts
2320 upvotes
Canada
titaniumtux wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 8:20 pm
I imagine $160 for Zoomer GR5 is not too shabby.
Yeah, they were going for $125 bnib here on RFD BST at the time. Luckily Kijiji in my area wasn't flooded with them lol
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5315 posts
1929 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
I feel like most iOS users aren't on RFD. A good 50% of the people I see around me in Vancouver are usually using iPhones.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"