Expired Hot Deals

[androidauthority] Getflix smart dns and vpn lifetime for $44.10

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2019 10:33 pm
Aug 11, 2018
112 posts
36 upvotes
Using a lifetime membership since October 2016, it's great for whenever I need it. I have a seperate router that I set up that whenever I need something in US I just connect to that router.

By connecting to that router I am able to access US Netflix on my Apple TV ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
$75/15GB + 10GB/$15
$35/5GB
Thank you El Tabador
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1048 posts
525 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
May 18th, 2019 4:06 pm
DNS redirector is very handy for Amazon prime (US catalog with CA membership), Hulu, VUDU, Fandango .. etc where you don't need to limit streaming going through conventional VPN.
How does this work? You DNS redirect, and then all of a sudden can use your Prime membership to buy items from the US for shipment to Canada? 1-2 day shipping to a Canadian address, with additional import fees?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16798 posts
22913 upvotes
ONTARIO
sports1 wrote:
May 18th, 2019 9:12 pm
How does this work? You DNS redirect, and then all of a sudden can use your Prime membership to buy items from the US for shipment to Canada? 1-2 day shipping to a Canadian address, with additional import fees?
lol no. He's talking about the US Prime Video catalogue.
When you use a smart DNS to trick it into thinking your in the US, you can use your Canadian Prime membership to watch movies/tv shows only available to US residents that you wouldn't otherwise be able to watch in Canada.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1048 posts
525 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
May 18th, 2019 9:17 pm
When you use a smart DNS to trick it into thinking your in the US, you can use your Canadian Prime membership to watch movies/tv shows only available to US residents that you wouldn't otherwise be able to watch in Canada.
Ah ok. Yeah definitely not the first thing I thought about when I saw "US catalog".

Good to know though, thanks!
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2069 posts
357 upvotes
pathfinder35 wrote:
May 18th, 2019 2:08 pm
Getflix allows users from Australia, New Zealand and all over the world to easily access global video and music streaming services.
Lifetime equals 30 years.
A couple of questions here:
- i and probably most of people on RFD don't really live down under... but i'm assuming this DNS/VPN will work for us too? Won't it slow down connectivity ? i'm not sure i wanna send my information across the globe really :-0
-lifetime equals until company goes bankrupt, changes names or updates terms and makes your speed slower or connection more limited etc usually way less than 30yrs. BTW u know the internet is barely just over 30yrs old right? https://howoldistheinter.net/
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/
Apr 28, 2010
122 posts
95 upvotes
vancouver
Does this work on ESPN+ stream? And how is the internet speed when it is turned on?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16798 posts
22913 upvotes
ONTARIO
redkid wrote:
May 18th, 2019 10:39 pm
- i and probably most of people on RFD don't really live down under... but i'm assuming this DNS/VPN will work for us too? Won't it slow down connectivity ? i'm not sure i wanna send my information across the globe really :-0
-lifetime equals until company goes bankrupt, changes names or updates terms and makes your speed slower or connection more limited etc usually way less than 30yrs. BTW u know the internet is barely just over 30yrs old right? https://howoldistheinter.net/
Australia is just where this company is based out of. They have servers all over the world. You can see the list here: https://www.getflix.com.au/setup/dns-servers
When set up, you would choose the closest server to your location. They have servers in the US and one in Toronto.
Also if you're only using their DNS servers and not the VPN service they offer, then no it should not affect your internet speeds.
Nov 19, 2014
100 posts
47 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Getflix works with UK. Windscribe, Ivacy and NordVPN servers have issues for some countries but Getflix somehow works with them. My roommate like Turkish TV series and Getlix is the only one that works with Turkish streaming services. It is kind of surprising for me :) I prefer Windscribe as my daily VPN... Also on Android boxes, I suggest using DNS changers on Android boxes for better usability. I use this one on my Shield TV: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... dnschanger
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1672 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
aasoror wrote:
May 18th, 2019 4:06 pm
My Getflix lifetime subscription still going strong since Oct 2015.
Yes, the netflix PC only limitation sucks but at least (unlike many) they found a way to keep making money without going under or kicking everyone out.
DNS redirector is very handy for Amazon prime (US catalog with CA membership), Hulu, VUDU, Fandango .. etc where you don't need to limit streaming going through conventional VPN.
Are you sure you are getting the US Amazon catalogue with a CA prime membership? You would then have to change the account country for your prime membership to the US. At that point you wouldn’t things conflict? Perhaps as a temporary thing. If you use getflix with your CA login, without changing the account country, then you get a strange library different from both the US and Canadian one.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1672 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote:
May 18th, 2019 9:17 pm
It’s not enough to use your CA login to get the US Prime Video catalogue, even when you are in the US. You have to actually change the country location of the account and this has a variety of effects ( for example, you have to then shop the US Kindle store, Amazon music, and perhaps even photos, is then the US one requiring a US billing and payment, etc...). It’s very different than the way Netflix handles traveling. Amazon used to be the same, but they changed it relatively recently.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1672 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
JeffryM3810 wrote:
May 18th, 2019 8:15 pm
Using a lifetime membership since October 2016, it's great for whenever I need it. I have a seperate router that I set up that whenever I need something in US I just connect to that router.

By connecting to that router I am able to access US Netflix on my Apple TV ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Are you sure you are getting the US Netflix catalogue? Did you have to filter out the Google dns numbers on that router? Very odd as the Getflix lifetime account doesn’t support US Netflix on devices, only via a computer browser.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16798 posts
22913 upvotes
ONTARIO
pmcd wrote:
May 19th, 2019 12:20 am
It’s not enough to use your CA login to get the US Prime Video catalogue, even when you are in the US. You have to actually change the country location of the account and this has a variety of effects ( for example, you have to then shop the US Kindle store, Amazon music, and perhaps even photos, is then the US one requiring a US billing and payment, etc...). It’s very different than the way Netflix handles traveling. Amazon used to be the same, but they changed it relatively recently.
Sorry, but this is not true.

My Prime membership comes from Amazon.ca and my country/region is set to Canada (just to make sure I was 100% certain, I just went into my amazon account to check).
With my smart DNS enabled (I am using Unlocator) I use the Amazon Video app on my Shield daily to access US content without having to change a thing.
It's also not some weird library that isn't quite Canadian library and not quite US library.
Any shows you can find that are only available in the US, I can access them just fine.

For example, Doctor Who (2005) has 10 seasons included with Prime in the US, but not in Canada. I am watching it right now through the app.
Other shows like complete seasons of literally all the old star trek series and the old movies are all here and available to watch. None if this is available in Canada.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5583 posts
9362 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
redkid wrote:
May 18th, 2019 10:39 pm
BobSagget wrote:
May 19th, 2019 12:00 am
Australia is just where this company is based out of. They have servers all over the world. You can see the list here: https://www.getflix.com.au/setup/dns-servers
When set up, you would choose the closest server to your location. They have servers in the US and one in Toronto.
Also if you're only using their DNS servers and not the VPN service they offer, then no it should not affect your internet speeds.
What Bob says...
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1672 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote:
May 19th, 2019 12:33 am
Sorry, but this is not true.

My Prime membership comes from Amazon.ca and my country/region is set to Canada (just to make sure I was 100% certain, I just went into my amazon account to check).
With my smart DNS enabled (I am using Unlocator) I use the Amazon Video app on my Shield daily to access US content without having to change a thing.
It's also not some weird library that isn't quite Canadian library and not quite US library.
Any shows you can find that are only available in the US, I can access them just fine.

For example, Doctor Who (2005) has 10 seasons included with Prime in the US, but not in Canada. I am watching it right now through the app.
Other shows like complete seasons of literally all the old star trek series and the old movies are all here and available to watch. None if this is available in Canada.
I believe you are getting the US library, but I have tested this many times and I don’t. If I do nothing and use my CA login, while in the US, I do not get the full library. I get the strange one. If I change the country on the account the full US one comes up.

Are you using the Amazon app that comes with your Shield or the other one?

There might very well be something strange with my setup which is causing this, however one of the VPNs with Amazon support did recently alter their setup instructions to instruct that the country code has to be changed. If that’s not the case for someone then that’s great. Perhaps Unlocator, which I have not tried, is different?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16798 posts
22913 upvotes
ONTARIO
pmcd wrote:
May 19th, 2019 1:26 am
I believe you are getting the US library, but I have tested this many times and I don’t. If I do nothing and use my CA login, while in the US, I do not get the full library. I get the strange one. If I change the country on the account the full US one comes up.

Are you using the Amazon app that comes with your Shield or the other one?

There might very well be something strange with my setup which is causing this, however one of the VPNs with Amazon support did recently alter their setup instructions to instruct that the country code has to be changed. If that’s not the case for someone then that’s great. Perhaps Unlocator, which I have not tried, is different?
On my Nvidia Shield, I use 2 Amazon apps. The main system app is called Prime Video and I use that to access the Canadian library (smart DNS disabled).
I also have a sideloaded app called Amazon Video that is pulled from a Sony Android TV. This app only shows US content and does not change (like prime video) based on where you're located. So if it sees you're in Canada, it just shows everything as "not available in your area". With smart DNS on though, all the content works perfectly fine.

I use Unlocator as my smart DNS right now, but I do know getflix and others work as well (as I've tested the trials they offer in the past). I am also using a DNS switcher app called Lilly DNS Changer. It allows me to turn the smart dns on/off on the fly.