Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2002
3493 posts
17 upvotes

Re: Anime Stores in/near Toronto?

Does anyone know any stores in or near Toronto that carry anime?
Share:
26 replies
Nov 5, 2001
758 posts
18 upvotes
aside from every fourth store in Pacific Mall, you might want to give china town a try. Chinatown Centre, (south of dundas and Spadina), has Fata Models, and Kiki's on the second floor, to the left when you get off the escalators. Kiki's is hidden more around the corner. Kiki's has alot, but is pricey.

Also, there's the Anime Xtreme store that just opened, (dunno about prices), that's up on Spadina, closer to College, (http://www.animeextreme.com). You might also want to try 1,000,000 comic on Yonge, as well as Harry Tarantula's on Yonge. You'll have to look up exact addresses. I know 1,000,000 is above college. Harry's is a flight of stairs leading up to a 2nd floor.

Ever popular is Silver Snail, as well as 4th Quadrant, (if they're still open), and I believe there are a couple other comic shops. They all carry Movies, Manga, and some will have toys to a limited extent.

Happy shopping.

Jen
foodpr0n.com 11/02/15: Comforting Campagnolo // For free or for a fee - bring your bottle! corkagetoronto.com
Sep 15, 2001
202 posts
Mississauga, Ontario
Wait til the end of August and go to the Toronto National Anime Expo, it runs in conjunction with the National Comic and Sci-Fi expo.
You'll be able to get some pretty good deals on anything anime related and be able to see hours and hours of anime through the day and catch some of the voice stars and sit in during a Q&A session.

I think its $35 for the whole weekend, its quiet a good deal considering Wizard World in Chicago charges $40 USD for the weekend.

And its got a good atmosphere to if you just want to hang out, and if you're a comic or sci-fi fan, you'll be even more happy.

I used to volunteer there and even spent a summer helping to organize it as the promoter's assistant.

Oh, and the best tip I can give you would be to wait til the very last possible minute on the last day before you buy anything, as the dealers are trying to clear their stuff so that they don't have to haul all their stuff home.

Cheers
Jul 18, 2002
4 posts
aside from every fourth store in Pacific Mall, you might want to give china town a try.  Chinatown Centre, (south of dundas and Spadina),  has Fata Models, and Kiki's on the second floor, to the left when  you get off the escalators.  Kiki's is hidden more around the corner.  Kiki's  has alot, but is pricey.

Also, there's the Anime Xtreme store that just opened, (dunno about prices), that's up on Spadina, closer to College, (http://www.animeextreme.com).  You might also want to try 1,000,000 comic on Yonge, as well as Harry Tarantula's on Yonge.  You'll have to look up exact addresses.  I know 1,000,000 is above college.  Harry's is a flight of stairs leading up to a 2nd floor.

Ever popular is Silver Snail, as well as 4th Quadrant, (if they're still open), and I believe there are a couple other comic shops.  They all carry Movies, Manga, and some will have toys to a limited extent.  

i think some stores in pacfiic mall and chinatown carry bootlegs. i want to stay away from those.

i'm around the TO area, but haven't cehecked out the animeextreme store yet. judging from their site, they are more model based i guess.

tried 1 000 000 and silversnail, and their prices are highhhhhh.
Jul 18, 2002
4 posts
Wait til the end of August and go to the Toronto National Anime Expo, it runs in conjunction with the National Comic and Sci-Fi expo.
You'll be able to get some pretty good deals on anything anime related and be able to see hours and hours of anime through the day and catch some of the voice stars and sit in during a Q&A session.

I think its $35 for the whole weekend, its quiet a good deal considering Wizard World in Chicago charges $40 USD for the weekend.

And its got a good atmosphere to if you just want to hang out, and if you're a comic or sci-fi fan, you'll be even more happy.

I used to volunteer there and even spent a summer helping to organize it as the promoter's assistant.

Oh, and the best tip I can give you would be to wait til the very last possible minute on the last day before you buy anything, as the dealers are trying to clear their stuff so that they don't have to haul all their stuff home.  

Cheers
the Cnanime expo is $40 cnd for entrance.

the stuff there is quite pricey. some rare items are okay, but the whole thing is overpriced.

been to cn a couple of years ago, and it was pretty boring. by the looks of the guests this year, it looks to be even worse. not many jap guests.
Jul 18, 2002
4 posts
hey since you were a voluntteer, how do you sign up for it?

i don't mind getting in for free :lol: :wink:

is anyone qualified to be a volunteer?
Sep 15, 2001
202 posts
Mississauga, Ontario
You're right it probably is $40 bucks now, but its still cheaper than going to a big show in the states.
Anyway, I'm more of a comic fan myself, so the $40 is a good price for me. I don't know whats whats in the Anime world, so that would explain my lack of knowledge as to whats interesting at the show.

When I was a volunteer for my first time, I was asked by the comic book store owners where I frequent, as they were the volunteer coordinators at that time. The next year, I took over their job and become the volunteer coordinator ( and the year after that I helped organize the show).

Check out http://www.hobbystar.com/torontoconventions.html and click on volunteers. THere should be contact info there.
Unless they've changed it, what you would have to do is volunteer for a certain amount of hours a day to get free admission. The jobs range from crowd control to line-policing to hanging out with guests (wicked time). So you may have lots of fun and you're usually paired up with somebody else too. And as I said if you work a certain amount of time, you'll get the whole expo for free.[/quote]
Nov 5, 2001
758 posts
18 upvotes
I'm so sad. :( no more alley tables for jen. *cries* I left it to someone else to take care of, and I find out two weeks later that she hasn't had internet for the last while and like.. didn't tell me. =_=

I think Anime North is a better deal for the anime fan. I don't really know what goes on at CNA in terms of programming, as I never leave the alley when I'm there. But this con is split between comics, anime, and sci fi. It's good if you have a broad and general interest in all three, but I know for Anime specific stuff, it's got a few dealers, (more in recent years), and panels and the masquerade and stuff. Anime North tends to have aLOT more going on. But that's because it's got anime as its single focus.

Anime Xtreme should be all general merchandise, but I could be wrong. Your other option would be to troll ebay and find things.

Pacific Mall is FILLED with knockoffs. If you want genuine, you're better off ordering online from mandarake, gamers, or something like that.

Jen
foodpr0n.com 11/02/15: Comforting Campagnolo // For free or for a fee - bring your bottle! corkagetoronto.com
Jul 18, 2002
4 posts
blah,,, they'll prolly work you like a dog at the CN anime since you have to do all three.

Anyone visited AnimeExtreme yet?
Sep 15, 2001
202 posts
Mississauga, Ontario
the work isn't too bad really, it sorta depends on what you get. You may spend the first two hours doing crow control at the start of the show. Not too bad since you'd be spending the first two hours lining up.
Or maybe they'll sit you with an artist and you get to help them out and do some line control too. Sitting with an artist is awesome since they actually quiet nice guys.
They're not glorious positions but if by working for a couple hours means you get a free pass into the show that day, its quiet a good deal.
Jan 3, 2006
21 posts
Hi,

I'm a fan of ANIME stuff and just recently I was able to open and online anime store. It's small but a good start. I have mostly anime toys and figures collectible. I will give 10% off until end of April 2006.

www.kctoysshop.com

I'm not sure I'm allow to post my web address but I hope it's okay.
I'm locate in Toronto Downtown.

Kc
kctoysshop@hotmail.com
sales@kctoysshop.com
:cheesygri
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
2902 posts
139 upvotes
kanobisan wrote:Hi,

I'm a fan of ANIME stuff and just recently I was able to open and online anime store. It's small but a good start. I have mostly anime toys and figures collectible. I will give 10% off until end of April 2006.

www.kctoysshop.com

I'm not sure I'm allow to post my web address but I hope it's okay.
I'm locate in Toronto Downtown.

Kc
kctoysshop@hotmail.com
sales@kctoysshop.com
:cheesygri
Wow, you're shipping on the final fantansy characters is insane, $11, plus 15% tax. I could go to Silver Snails and save myself the $11.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
2902 posts
139 upvotes
JLunar wrote: Also, there's the Anime Xtreme store that just opened, (dunno about prices), that's up on Spadina, closer to College,
Which one is this one, is it the one where you have to go slightly downstairs and just one block north of Dundas on Spadina? If so, this place has been open for a while, I'd say well over a year.
Sep 30, 2001
25772 posts
4967 upvotes
talk about bringing a thread back from the grave

The Garland is $97.99 US at tmpanime (and i could give 10% off for first time buyers) compared to $156 cdn here. even with shipping and exchange you're better off buying it from a us online retailer.
Jan 3, 2006
21 posts
Hi people,

I appologize for some high prices. I'm in the process of adjusting the proper price. You need to know that when you are buying from the states, you will be dealing with duty fee and import taxes and possible brokerage fee (i.e canada post charges $5).

I'm in Toronto, you can do a CASH and LOCAL PICK UP you will save from SHIPPING if in TORONTO.

Again I'm appogize for the price I need to adjust it properly for some item. Please re-consider calculating the EXACT cost to buy and import from the state then compare with me later on.

By the way, my SHIPPING cost is tax included.

Thanks guys
KC Toys Shop
× < >