[Amazon.com] Anker Roav C1 Dash Cam $50.99USD

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2018 11:40 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1554 posts
216 upvotes
Calgary
I did purchase this on Boxing Day I also have a Viofo A119.
Benefits of this over the Viofo are WiFi with an app to get Videos from the camera and upgrade the firmware.
It also has a battery to record parking hits but the start up is 7s so it might not catch the offenders and only front facing obviously (it is a tad sensitive to door closing as well but no big deal and can be turned off)

Typical fantastic Anker support. The included cable was only 10.5ft and would reach to my dash but not where I wanted it to which was the center console in my Subaru Outback. Anker shipped out a longer cable right away.

The FOV is a nice middle ground for most dashcams and the video is good quality.
Apr 2, 2006
581 posts
42 upvotes
Interested in a dash cam but brief look for reviews online seems to suggest this dash cam fails in hot weather (probably not a problem for us except maybe a few weeks in the summer?) They are suggesting A119 a better buy?
Apr 2, 2006
581 posts
42 upvotes
Do you prefer the Roav C1 or the Viofo A119?
Deemo wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:27 pm
I did purchase this on Boxing Day I also have a Viofo A119.
Benefits of this over the Viofo are WiFi with an app to get Videos from the camera and upgrade the firmware.
It also has a battery to record parking hits but the start up is 7s so it might not catch the offenders and only front facing obviously (it is a tad sensitive to door closing as well but no big deal and can be turned off)

Typical fantastic Anker support. The included cable was only 10.5ft and would reach to my dash but not where I wanted it to which was the center console in my Subaru Outback. Anker shipped out a longer cable right away.

The FOV is a nice middle ground for most dashcams and the video is good quality.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1123 posts
213 upvotes
Edmonton
Also wondering if this is my best option. Came 2 inches from being t boned today going straight through a green light, good thing I was paying attention because the other driver wasn't.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1554 posts
216 upvotes
Calgary
crustydragon wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:00 pm
Tough call really.

I like the simple effectiveness of the A119 but it is a pain in the butt to upgrade firmware and get videos off it if you just want to show someone the idiot driver that cut in front of you on the way to work.
Dec 11, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
I think the C1 Pro may be better as it has GPS tracking and can advise on your speed in the recording......

Views ?
Aug 18, 2009
335 posts
4 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 10:59 am
Same goes with almost all dash cam. There is no $200 dashcam that can perform optimally in -40 weather.
I got the roav c1 when it was on sale on Amazon.ca beginning of December. 2 weeks ago it crapped out from the cold weather. It keep restarting every 3 seconds.
Nov 21, 2017
299 posts
114 upvotes
Surrey BC
Nice way cheaper than the one i bought for 90 dollars that was on sale courtesy of red flag. I'm gonna return that one and get this one.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1039 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
crustydragon wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:00 pm
Also wondering the same thing. Was looking for a dashcam during boxing day sales, but didn't have enough time to research.
Nov 21, 2017
299 posts
114 upvotes
Surrey BC
I paid 90 CAD when it was on sale thanks to red flag. Now i'm gonna return it. I asked amazon.ca customer service via chat if it was free returns and they assured me that it is. Ordered this one from amazon.com and it came to 70 all in with exchange rate and taxes. Gonna pick it up in Blaine Washington at the package place. I live in Surrey BC. Almost 20 dollar difference. Thanks rfd.
Aug 5, 2010
72 posts
23 upvotes
Montreal
Tumdace wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 10:22 am
FYI:

Only designed to operate from -7 c to 65 C.

So anything in the last 3 weeks would have killed it.
Work very Well Extrem cold
I live in Montréal we got -30 to -40°C for 2 week and the dashcam never stop working or glitching
You can buy it
Aug 11, 2004
706 posts
59 upvotes
Etobicoke (Central)
I got this over the summer from Amazon.ca (for a lot more $$$). It's the only dash cam I've owned and does the job.

Worked fine over the past few cold weeks. I haven't bothered to fit the wires around the liner of the car.

The parking sensor turns on whenever I open/close the door - has anyone found how to fix this without disabling parking mode entirely?

Everyone should get a dashcam and this is a pretty good value.
Nov 30, 2010
54 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Arcum wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 5:21 am
I got this over the summer from Amazon.ca (for a lot more $$$). It's the only dash cam I've owned and does the job.

Worked fine over the past few cold weeks. I haven't bothered to fit the wires around the liner of the car.

The parking sensor turns on whenever I open/close the door - has anyone found how to fix this without disabling parking mode entirely?

Everyone should get a dashcam and this is a pretty good value.

Set the sensitivity to “low”.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)