Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.com] Anker Roav C1 Dash Cam $50.99USD

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2018 11:40 pm
Feb 4, 2007
268 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone recommend a good memory card for this? Does it need a special card? I think 32gb would do since it deletes older video.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
2421 posts
973 upvotes
Montreal
samtheman wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 7:27 am
Can someone recommend a good memory card for this? Does it need a special card? I think 32gb would do since it deletes older video.
Ideally you want those "high endurance" cards for dashcams. But they're more expensive.
I've had good luck with samsung evo microsds
Dec 11, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
ash137 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 2:01 pm
I think the C1 Pro may be better as it has GPS tracking and can advise on your speed in the recording......

Views ?
Folks, Any inputs on the above ?
Sep 19, 2012
162 posts
80 upvotes
Kitchener
Well I decided to pull the trigger on this anyway. I do alot of driving for work so this should come in handy.

If it gets extremely cold out I'll just detach it and bring it inside.
Apr 26, 2003
834 posts
213 upvotes
The issue with batteries in a dash cam is heat. As noted by others and other online reviews, any dashcam with built in batteries is going to have an issue eventually with the battery overheating and dying. I use an action camera as my dashcam right now, and the battery over the last year has basically died because of the heat in the summers being charged while in use and being overheated in the cabin when the car is parked. I've gotten into the habit of removing the camera to remedy this, but it is a pain to do that all the time and put it back each time I drive.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4189 posts
779 upvotes
Vancouver
im on the fence with this since its battery but im on the west coast where it doesnt really get that cold or hot. Its very mild here
Feb 4, 2007
268 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Did anyone get charged the conversion rate? I think I got charged 82 total. I thought the 66 including import fees was in Canadian dollars. Anyway it is still cheaper than purchasing from amazon.ca
Mar 8, 2017
14 posts
10 upvotes
samtheman wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 3:22 pm
Did anyone get charged the conversion rate? I think I got charged 82 total. I thought the 66 including import fees was in Canadian dollars. Anyway it is still cheaper than purchasing from amazon.ca
Just placed my order @ $65 USD (it was like $7 for shipping and $8 for import fees)
so yea $82 CAD... still better then .ca

tnx OP
Jan 3, 2005
671 posts
44 upvotes
Haven't been on RFD for about two weeks and the first thing I do when I get on is buy a dash cam. Neutral Face

Thanks OP!.......I think. I should put in a request to have myself banned.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
10531 posts
1225 upvotes
RFD
Hmmmmmmm.......I just bought the Aukey DR02 dash cam on sale a few weeks ago for pretty much the same price as this Anker Roav listed here after conversion from USD to CAD.

Can anyone see if one is clearly better than the other, or is it pretty much the same? Or should I return the Aukey to get the Anker? Will save $2 but is it worth the hassle? I have until end of Jan to return.

Aukey DR02: https://www.amazon.ca/AUKEY-Wide-Angle- ... B0754XS67W
Anker ROAV: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XNSDRW8/
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2003
4993 posts
152 upvotes
radeonboy wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 4:00 pm
Hmmmmmmm.......I just bought the Aukey DR02 dash cam on sale a few weeks ago for pretty much the same price as this Anker Roav listed here after conversion from USD to CAD.

Can anyone see if one is clearly better than the other, or is it pretty much the same? Or should I return the Aukey to get the Anker? Will save $2 but is it worth the hassle? I have until end of Jan to return.
The Anker has WiFi and Standby Mode detection. The WiFi is very convenient as I can review the videos on my phone and just download the videos I want. Don't have to take out the SD card.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4047 posts
675 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I would assume getting 2 effectively achieves dual mode? Just need a much longer wire for the rear?
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
10531 posts
1225 upvotes
RFD
GunnerX wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 7:32 pm
The Anker has WiFi and Standby Mode detection. The WiFi is very convenient as I can review the videos on my phone and just download the videos I want. Don't have to take out the SD card.
Yes WiFi is pretty nifty to have. But I don't think its a deal breaker for me as the Aukley's microSD card slot location is pretty easy to access on the left side. All I would need in the compartment is an OTG cable and microSD card reader, which I already have, so I can directly transfer into my phone should anything happen and be needed. Its a pair of extra steps, but should be alright. I was wondering in terms of which has better image quality and can withstand Canadian winters better. Both have supposedly Sony Exmor sensors, the Aukey says what it has, but the Anker doesn't specify what image sensor it has.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2003
4993 posts
152 upvotes
Got my Roav on Wednesday. So shipping was quite fast. I checked and the price is still the same.
This space for rent.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)