Automotive

Another Car vs Motorcyle Comparison- Porsche, Suzuki, Ducati, Cadillac - The Star

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2011 11:04 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries

Another Car vs Motorcyle Comparison- Porsche, Suzuki, Ducati, Cadillac - The Star

I just read a cool Car vs Motorcycle artical in Wheels and I thought I'd share it.

911 Porsche Carrera GTS, Suzuki 750 RGSX, Ducati Diavel 1200, and Cadillac CTS supercharged V8 Twin Turbo.

http://www.wheels.ca/article/800086
9 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
1330 posts
74 upvotes
Transient
You need to spend at least 3 times as much on a car that will keep up with a bike, not to mention maintenance on performance cars. Bikes are more dangerous and require a lot more skill but they're a lot for fun for the cost.

Basically at a certain price, bikes will never keep up. No bikes can beat an F1 car. You can however buy a $5k used motorbike that will out perform $50k cars and barely needs any maintenance in comparison. I like both for their pros/cons, but that guy is completely biased. It's also no surprise that a $80k car can beat a bike on a twisty track at all imo
Deal Expert
Oct 7, 2010
15536 posts
5790 upvotes
high_octane wrote: You need to spend at least 3 times as much on a car that will keep up with a bike, not to mention maintenance on performance cars. Bikes are more dangerous and require a lot more skill but they're a lot for fun for the cost.

Basically at a certain price, bikes will never keep up. No bikes can beat an F1 car. You can however buy a $5k used motorbike that will out perform $50k cars and barely needs any maintenance in comparison. I like both for their pros/cons, but that guy is completely biased. It's also no surprise that a $80k car can beat a bike on a twisty track at all imo

F1 car VS motoGP bike? The authors should try that then write the article.

A bike always comes out top, it's the truth. More skill to ride fast than to drive fast for sure as well.

5th gear already try this test, Lambo Gallardo VS Ducati 999. Ducati 999 win. : )
Banned
Jan 19, 2009
2300 posts
99 upvotes
spike1128 wrote: F1 car VS motoGP bike? The authors should try that then write the article.

A bike always comes out top, it's the truth.

your joking right?

F1 car will wipe the floor of a motoGP bike.

u need to learn physics and cornering down-force
Deal Expert
Oct 7, 2010
15536 posts
5790 upvotes
Dina_E wrote: your joking right?

F1 car will wipe the floor of a motoGP bike.

u need to learn physics and cornering down-force

That's why F1 cars never race motoGP bikes because the F1 cars are not even a real car. That's why they have a rule in some racing series that if the cars aren't road legal it can't be raced in that serie.

Hardly seems fair if the F1 car doesn't even have a stickshift. : )
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4664 upvotes
Montreal
spike1128 wrote: F1 car VS motoGP bike? The authors should try that then write the article.

A bike always comes out top, it's the truth. More skill to ride fast than to drive fast for sure as well.
Skill level aside, this comment is flat out wrong. Pun intended.
spike1128 wrote: That's why F1 cars never race motoGP bikes because the F1 cars are not even a real car. That's why they have a rule in some racing series that if the cars aren't road legal it can't be raced in that serie.

Hardly seems fair if the F1 car doesn't even have a stickshift. : )

And a Grand Prix bike has a stickshift and is a "real bike"? They've had F1 seamless gearboxes for a few years now. Grand Prix bikes are one offs that cost at least $2-3 million for the track just like an F1 car. On a track there is no comparing. An F1 car will absolutely tear the throat off of any bike since a bike has a limited lean angle. Don't even get me started on braking. All you have to do is take the lap times from the Sepang circuit in Malaysia where both series race. Difference is 30 seconds/lap.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
1330 posts
74 upvotes
Transient

5th gear already try this test, Lambo Gallardo VS Ducati 999. Ducati 999 win. : )

I daily rode a crotch rocket all through school and now I spend vacations touring on them. They can't turn nearly as hard as a sports car, nor stop as fast. Thing is they are still faster and stop shorter than 99% of cars on the road and they do it for very cheap price/maint/fuel. Once you hit a certain outrageous cost in price/maint/fuel etc a car will blow any bike away. Heck the average biker to be honest doesn't have the skill to stay ahead of the average car on a track, but the difficulty is part of the fun

Those who say F1 doesn't take skill are clearly just bench racers as well. I've been to many F1 races and trust me it takes skill to keep those cars in their performance envelope. Drive an F1 car soft and you just skid off the track. Most people wouldn't have the guts nor the physical build to go into a corner hard enough to keep the down-force or the tires hot enough.... Even though shifting is just a button, it's a multitask that most people can't handle even in an F1 video game

Like I said I like both for their respective benefits. The dude in that video was clearly biased
May 30, 2011
388 posts
16 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
DiceMan wrote: I just read a cool Car vs Motorcycle artical in Wheels and I thought I'd share it.

911 Porsche Carrera GTS, Suzuki 750 RGSX, Ducati Diavel 1200, and Cadillac CTS supercharged V8 Twin Turbo.

http://www.wheels.ca/article/800086

A Cadillac CTS Supercharged V8 Twin Turbo??? A CTS with a supercharger and 2 turbos???
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
wallie3145 wrote: A Cadillac CTS Supercharged V8 Twin Turbo??? A CTS with a supercharger and 2 turbos???
LOL at first I thought maybe it was modded but looking at the video, a 13s quarter mile reveals it's obviously a stock CTS-V. That is supercharged, no turbos. Idiot editors at Wheels :rolleyes: Of course that's more than acceptable in this day and age with intarweb "publications" like Autoblog as competiton :rolleyes:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)