Automotive

Another Peel Police cruiser involved in collision.

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2016 2:11 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jun 26, 2009
3219 posts
1984 upvotes
GTA

Another Peel Police cruiser involved in collision.

What is going on? Looks like there was another accident with police cruiser involved. Happened early morning in Brampton on Williams Parkway. I just saw damaged cruiser involved in crash on Tomken and Eglinton last weekend. Funny how they asked tow truck drivers to block the cruiser, so people couldn't take pictures. Nothing on the news and on Peel Police twitter account, they never mentioned "cruiser involved" - just MVC (multi vehicle collision) blocking Tomken and Eglinton. It doesn't really look transparent to me. More like cover up ;-). I witnessed at least 4 times in that area cruisers making illegal left turn on Eglinton from Tim Hortons exit. There is no left turn sign right there, but why go around parking lot and exit on Tomken. I won't even mention turning the lights on, just to skip the red light - that's common practice. Sad.
7 replies
Jun 17, 2013
790 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
Not surprised one bit. Definitely a cover up of their mistake.
Dec 16, 2014
848 posts
435 upvotes
Easter Island
A year ago, there was a peel cop who turned left & did not see oncoming traffic, collision happened in mississauga. one of the passengers in other vehicle was an infant who died.

Nothing in news, paper, social media etc.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1671 posts
1185 upvotes
Ottawa
What do you expect? It's not a surprise Peel police is involved in so may collisions when you consider that half their force is comprised of the local cowboys from Brampton.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11588 posts
6411 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Tommy74 wrote:
May 22nd, 2016 8:21 am
What is going on? Looks like there was another accident with police cruiser involved. Happened early morning in Brampton on Williams Parkway. I just saw damaged cruiser involved in crash on Tomken and Eglinton last weekend. Funny how they asked tow truck drivers to block the cruiser, so people couldn't take pictures. Nothing on the news and on Peel Police twitter account, they never mentioned "cruiser involved" - just MVC (multi vehicle collision) blocking Tomken and Eglinton. It doesn't really look transparent to me. More like cover up ;-). I witnessed at least 4 times in that area cruisers making illegal left turn on Eglinton from Tim Hortons exit. There is no left turn sign right there, but why go around parking lot and exit on Tomken. I won't even mention turning the lights on, just to skip the red light - that's common practice. Sad.
News stations do listen to police radio frequency, just like tow truck drivers.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4510 posts
1914 upvotes
Mississauga
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
May 22nd, 2016 12:10 pm
News stations do listen to police radio frequency, just like tow truck drivers.
Not anymore they can't. Peel Region Police went encrypted six months ago. Only way to get information is from their media relations person.