Hot Deals

[Anova Culinary] Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker - BLACK FRIDAY Sale $129 (70 off) for BT, $159 (100 off) for wifi - Free Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 9:22 pm
Aug 26, 2015
118 posts
71 upvotes
Received mine today, and god that was the best steak I’ve ever made. Thanks op, it’s indeed awesome.
Aug 22, 2016
60 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal
So I can start cooking the anova anywhere with wifi? Do I need to be within range of the wifi or can i start cooking from my workplace and get home with a ready steak.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
5543 posts
1366 upvotes
I am a cheapskate - I sometimes buy Veal or Beef "Shoulder Blade" steaks at Copa's (GTA Italian supermarket) when it's on sale for as low as $2.99 lb. The steaks are normally cut 1.5 to 2 inches thick.
This week I pulled a pkg out of the freezer - cut it in portions small enough to fit in large zip lock type bags. (Costco Business in Toronto sells Titan brand that seem to work really well for sous vide).
I smeared the outside of each piece with a paste of Montreal Steak Spice and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Anova for 65.5C for 7 hrs - then seared and final cook on the gas BBQ (dusted with umami powder while cooking) for about 15 minutes.

They came out tender, tasty and juicy.
So far my wife and I have had 2 meals of steak, 1 meal of steak stir fry and tonight it's steak fajitas. (all made with a crappy cut of beef turned into a tasty steak courtesy of sous vide cooking.)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3940 posts
525 upvotes
Aurora
Laviza wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 6:31 pm
Anova is having a Black Friday sale.
It's now $100 off
https://ca.anovaculinary.com
Thanks. I've updated the original post with the new BF sale pricing. Best price I've seen all year. No coupons needed.
Oct 15, 2013
67 posts
42 upvotes
Anyone have a good deal on a rack to hold the pouches underwater? Really annoying when they float.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)