Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Anova Precision Cooker WiFi preorder $50 off with coupon code

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2015 2:33 pm
Tags:
35 replies
Jul 28, 2015
235 posts
44 upvotes
Why does this exist? Cook it the night before and put it in the microwave when you come home.......
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2003
1352 posts
1283 upvotes
Calgary
CADTravels wrote: Why does this exist? Cook it the night before and put it in the microwave when you come home.......
I couldn't figure this one out either. I mean it would be nice to start a steak 2 hours before I come home from work so it doesn't cook for the entire 10 hours I'm away, but I certainly wouldn't leave raw meat in a tub of water at room temperature for 8 hours before I start the cook remotely either. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2531 posts
970 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm a bit confused about this as well... But I dont see how its different than a slow cooker that starts mid-day? Never understood that either.

What you want to do is get a cheap steak... and start it in the morning before you go to work and then come back after work... give it a quick sear on a cast iron pan and then enjoy. Sous-vide steak is one of the most amazing things. But you dont need Wifi.... I barely use the bluetooth functions on my Anova.
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
Jan 8, 2010
285 posts
75 upvotes
How does this deal compare to the other deal that expire a month ago?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2003
1352 posts
1283 upvotes
Calgary
Not sure what promotion expired last month, but this is $20USD more than the Father's Day deal for the bluetooth version.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4233 posts
1220 upvotes
Umm.. I thought it's a Wifi rice cooker when I first saw the title. It looks odd. Using those smart outlets are more flexible though.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1596 posts
541 upvotes
Toronto
LOL at the peanut gallery who don't know anything about sous-vide cooking trying to pitch in their two cents
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1581 posts
858 upvotes
Edmonton
Cold for a rice cooker. Can get Zojirushi for half that

lolololol
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1765 posts
832 upvotes
I don't use the bluetooth on mine but if you're out and about the entire day and cooking something for 48 hours, it would be nice to know that it didn't stop cooking for some odd reason. Low water as an example. For me, my container has a lid so the water barely evaporates.

Since it's cheaper to buy this than the Bluetooth at this point in time, why not WiFi?
Jan 8, 2010
285 posts
75 upvotes
Strider wrote: Not sure what promotion expired last month, but this is $20USD more than the Father's Day deal for the bluetooth version.
Thanks! That was the deal I was talking about.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1765 posts
832 upvotes
FruityMonkey wrote: Thanks! That was the deal I was talking about.
Even though it's $20USD more expensive than the bluetooth one during Father's Day, the CAD dollar has gone down since then that it's close to $40 more expensive now.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2006
1229 posts
481 upvotes
Thunder Bay
If you want to burn your house down
Wouldn't a match and gas be cheaper???

/WiFi and cooking ......stupidity enabled
Oct 4, 2010
222 posts
284 upvotes
Burlington
I've been wanting one of these for a while. Even with the exchange and my lack of a time machine, this seems like a good time to pull the trigger. THANKS!
Jan 8, 2010
285 posts
75 upvotes
Albin wrote: Even though it's $20USD more expensive than the bluetooth one during Father's Day, the CAD dollar has gone down since then that it's close to $40 more expensive now.
That is why I am still on the fence :( how often do they come on sale?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9931 posts
1371 upvotes
I have one. Use it often and last night. Why wifi?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
I like the concept.
But what if your network is hacked, then the cooker get powered on and burn your house.
I know I sound paranoid, but anything can happen with all these network technologies
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
Strider wrote: I mean it would be nice to start a steak 2 hours before I come home from work so it doesn't cook for the entire 10 hours I'm away, but I certainly wouldn't leave raw meat in a tub of water at room temperature for 8 hours before I start the cook remotely either.
I do put a bunch of ice cube (instead of water) in the slow cooker. I program it to start mid-day. So the ice cubes keep the meat okay until mid-day, where the ice cubes get melted and become the water that was supposed to go in the broth anyway. I only do that for beef and pork though.
Dec 27, 2009
530 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
Notwithstanding the fact that wifi isn't terribly useful in my opinion, some of the comments on here are way off.

How exactly could you burn down your house? The element is off unless it's submerged in water. For the most part the heated water isn't even much hotter than tap water. I'd think that you'd have more chance of burning down your house with a lamp that you left on.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)