Hot Deals

[Anova Culinary] Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker - BLACK FRIDAY Sale $129 (70 off) for BT, $159 (100 off) for wifi - Free Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 11:20 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4007 posts
559 upvotes
Aurora

Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker - BLACK FRIDAY Sale $129 (70 off) for BT, $159 (100 off) for wifi - Free Shipping

Deal Link:
Price:
129/159
Savings:
70/100 off
Retailer:
Anova Culinary
BLACK FRIDAY SALE ON THE ANOVA SOUS VIDE LINE. I have the wifi version and it's a great machine.

From Anova:
Try sous-vide cooking and see why so many people love it with this offer from Anova Culinary, because you can take up to $90.00 off an Anova Precision Cooker!

Both the standard cooker and the model with Wi-Fi are on sale and make great gifts for budding chefs or anyone looking to dabble with sous-vide. We've listed both models below.

Anova Precision Cooker with Bluetooth (800W) - $129.00. (regularly $199.00)
Anova Precision Cooker with Bluetooth + Wi-Fi (900W) - $159.00 (regularly $259.00)

Sous-vide is a method of cooking that has become very popular in recent years -- unlike conventional cooking, sous-vide cooking involves vacuum-sealing food into a bag and cooking it in a water bath to a precise temperature, allowing it to cook more evenly and retain more flavour. The method can be used with almost all foods, including beef, pork, chicken, seafood, vegetables and more!

Anova cookers are one of the most popular sous-vide cookers and the Bluetooth + Wi-Fi model includes Wi-Fi connectivity, which means you don't need to use Bluetooth or stay within close proximity to monitor your cooking.

This offer is available for a limited time only and all orders are eligible for free shipping.
Last edited by DiceMan on Oct 31st, 2017 12:53 am, edited 9 times in total.
100 replies
Jul 22, 2007
234 posts
28 upvotes
Thanks was just looking at sous vide on Amazon yesterday was about to buy one in 100 range, but wanted the ANOVA wifi @ 259.99, was gonna buy asap

Just grabbed the wifi for ~$189 taxes in.

Now I just need a new vacuum sealer < 50$.
My cheapo one from ncix lasted 11 years but couldn't make a seal last week
Jan 2, 2015
134 posts
54 upvotes
Do you guys use it?
I have one in the box in my basement since last year* and I don't know what to cook with it that is worth the extra sousvide step :S

*I asked to return it during the free return/refund window, they refunded me and told me to keep it.
Aug 29, 2017
34 posts
31 upvotes
Winnipeg
secretliar wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 8:33 am
Do you guys use it?
I have one in the box in my basement since last year* and I don't know what to cook with it that is worth the extra sousvide step :S

*I asked to return it during the free return/refund window, they refunded me and told me to keep it.
I don't use mine... simply because I'm so lazy with cooking I can't even use this device that made it so easy lol. It's truly an amazing product though. I never asked to return it though as I was into it for about 2 months.
Nov 30, 2009
170 posts
106 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
We use our Sous Vide machine at least once a week, making steaks tonight from Costco beef tenderloin. It really does exactly what it says it will, if you follow the directions your meat comes out great and cooked the same all the way through, sear it on a hot cast iron pan for a few seconds and you're ready. We were amazed at how it can even make something as simple as chicken breasts taste better, and we've caught ourselves judging food we get from restaurants to how we made it on our own.

If I'm not mistaken, Anova had put their machines even cheaper than this for a Black Friday sale last year, so you might get lucky if you hold out a bit but there's no guarantee. I also don't think a vacuum sealer is a necessity, we use the water displacement method (Google it) with Ziplock bags, works perfectly fine.
Aug 27, 2008
587 posts
345 upvotes
Ottawa
secretliar wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 8:33 am
Do you guys use it?

It is a lot of prep work to cook sous vide, but it produces such great food. Our favourite is prime rib steaks. It always cooks to exactly the temperature that you want. It is a chore to vacuum seal them ahead of time and the hours it can take to cook, but the results are well worth it. I had 6 buddies over for steaks back in the spring. They are still talking about how amazing the steaks came out.

We just started to do Eggs Benedict with the sous vide. It takes a long time to cook compared to traditional poaching, but this takes the guesswork out of the it. No worry about under or over cooking the eggs.

You gotta give it a try. Even if you don't have a sealer, just use water displacement with zip lock bags. That is what I did for the first few months.
Jan 2, 2015
134 posts
54 upvotes
We almost never eat beef, we will try.
We tried with chicken and prefered the oven results as the texture came out weird with anova :S
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1264 posts
136 upvotes
What do you guys think about Anova vs Joule?

I also notice my local Walmart seems to sell "Chefman" circulators which look suspiciously like rebranded/OEM Anova.
Apr 15, 2011
404 posts
95 upvotes
GreyingJay wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 9:07 am

I also notice my local Walmart seems to sell "Chefman" circulators which look suspiciously like rebranded/OEM Anova.
Unfortunately joule is only sold in the US for now. I would go for the joule as it seems like a better design and more powerful.
Jun 2, 2009
37 posts
7 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
I use the Anova quite often for steaks. Put a branch of Rosemary and some butter in the bag and cook the steak to the exact temperature. Then I'll finish in a cast iron pan or on the grill. I also found it the best way to make fried chicken. Cook it to 155F in the Anova for 2 hours and finish in the fryer. The kids love it. The meat is tender while the skin is crisp.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
2342 posts
791 upvotes
GreyingJay wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 9:07 am

I have the Anova (and love it - use it a few times a week at least). Pork back ribs are in it right now cooking since last night to be ready for an easy quick dinner before trick or treating tonight. Had pork tenderloin last night (started from meat in the grocery store package @ 4pm and we were eating by 6).

I had never heard of this 'ChefMan' but it looks interesting - reviews on amazon.com look favorable. It is a slightly different design than the Anova, but the screen looks identical.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
2164 posts
655 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP.

Never knew about Sous Vide cooking before, but now I'm curious and have questions.

1. What are the health implications of boiling food in plastic bags and possibly having chemicals leaching into the food?
2. Is it possible to get all the air out of the bag using the displacement method vs a commercial sealer, and if not, isn't there a concern of bacterial growth during cooking?
3. Won't the bag melt if it's clipped to the pot while boiling?

For anyone that can answer, much appreciated.
Feb 8, 2011
451 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
I made my own sous vide setup with a basic crock pot and a temperature sensor.
I have been looking at the instant pot sous vide circulator anyone have any comparisons between these two?
Sep 28, 2003
308 posts
25 upvotes
secretliar wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 8:59 am
We almost never eat beef, we will try.
We tried with chicken and prefered the oven results as the texture came out weird with anova :S
Did you sear the chicken after?
Feb 8, 2011
451 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
chadw01 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 9:31 am
Thanks OP.

Never knew about Sous Vide cooking before, but now I'm curious and have questions.

1. What are the health implications of boiling food in plastic bags and possibly having chemicals leaching into the food?
2. Is it possible to get all the air out of the bag using the displacement method vs a commercial sealer, and if not, isn't there a concern of bacterial growth during cooking?
3. Won't the bag melt if it's clipped to the pot while boiling?

For anyone that can answer, much appreciated.
1. The sous vide bags are designed specifically so that leaching doesn't happen, some ziplocs are questionable on this which is why I bought a vacuum sealer.
2. This isn't an issue unless you like your steak crazy rare as you are still above the danger zone.
3. Water isn't at boiling temperature. If you google sous vide water temperatures you will see what temperature the water is at.