• Sep 22nd, 2017 8:17 am
Tags:
Nov 10, 2015
921 posts
214 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
Poutinesauce wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 1:18 pm
Good on them for bravely standing up for life. Any and all abortion should be completely illegal. Any who either receives it or facilitates it belongs in jail. Let people see the gruesome reality of what is sold as a "life choice". It is not a life choice, it is murder, plain and simple.
While I disagree with your stance on abortion, I have no issues with pro-life and pro-abortion demonstrating, so long as whatever they are saying or what their signs say are the truth and nothing but the truth.
Go for it, while you still have the right to.
Anyone But Justin 2019
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
2606 posts
277 upvotes
Ottawa
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 4:20 pm
On the substantive front, some of the posts here reflect that the pro/anti-abortion debate is not well understood or debated.

If having an abortion is to the medical benefit of the mother (i.e. life in danger, rape victim, etc.), then that is understandable. If one is having an abortion because they did not plan ahead or can't be bother to have a child, then I can see why some people would react differently.

Put differently, we are all here (literally, no exceptions) because our parents, or more accurately, because our mothers, decided to have us. It always amazes me that the personal opinion of one (or two) person(s) made the difference between us existing or not, today.

Does that make any sense?
I think even saying "pro-choice" or "pro-life" is in itself inaccurate, because most people aren't 100% in either direction. Consider:

A pure "pro-life" position would be that any killing of the egg/fetus/whatever after conception would be first degree murder no matter what, not only for the mother but also for any one who assisted them or illegally encouraged them to have it done.

A pure "pro-choice" position would mean that until the baby is born a mother could have it aborted simply by going to a medical clinic and having it done, like a flu shot. If it were possible to simply buy a pill from the pharmacy and somehow that would work, then that pill would be 100% legal.
Feb 7, 2017
996 posts
525 upvotes
@ConsoleWatcher
FYI - The Abortion Pill does exist (for use up to 10 weeks post conception) but it is not legal the world over

I agree though the wording is INTENTIONALLY Misleading

I think EVERYONE is pro-life...

Pro-Choice is both sides of the equation as well... As what one does in a particular situation is A CHOICE

I am of the opinion that EVERYONE should be allowed to make WHATEVER CHOICE suits them...

NO ONE should dictate what that is for another person
Last edited by PointsHubby on Sep 7th, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
2606 posts
277 upvotes
Ottawa
PointsHubby wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 5:55 pm
@ConsoleWatcher
FYI - The Abortion Pill does exist (for use up to 10 weeks post conception) but it is not legal the world over
Yup, for my hypothetical example I meant a theoretical pill where if you were due to give birth tomorrow and suddenly decided you wanted an abortion, you could take it and the unborn baby would disappear.
Feb 7, 2017
996 posts
525 upvotes
I beleve that science will provide an alternative choice to abortion in the future...

Where someone not wanting to have a pregnancy will have a choice to "terminate THEIR pregnancy" without destroying the embryo / fetus ... There will be transplants for those wanting a child

Sounds far fetched ?

Ya maybe, but organ transplants sounded crazy in the 1960s
And IVF now so common, and a solution for many couples, also sounded sci-fi back in the 1970s
And Surgeries In-Womb are now happening (ie life saving heart surgery)
So who knows where we'll be 20 years from now ?
Sep 19, 2013
842 posts
209 upvotes
Winnipeg
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 3:43 pm
Would somebody think of the children!!!!
like it when this guy strategically flaunts his signature on key threads...Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Apr 12, 2012
696 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
I call it the pro-horrific choice of killing innocent life. Shame on the people who kill innocent life.
Jul 2, 2012
59 posts
13 upvotes
WATERLOO
do protests even work?

I feel like its a waste of time.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2003
6472 posts
167 upvotes
World population is far too big, and humans are the biggest problem the world has. Any form of population control is good.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1350 posts
548 upvotes
Hamilton
This thread is making me hungry for veal.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
2606 posts
277 upvotes
Ottawa
tk1000 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 9:49 am
Councillors grapple with gruesome anti-abortion pamphlets

At a public meeting, anti-choice activists clashed with upset residents.

http://torontoist.com/2017/09/councillo ... pamphlets/
That article lost all credibilty when they referred to pro-life activists as "anti-choice". "Pro-life" and "pro-choice" have always been the terms used.
Aug 2, 2017
174 posts
48 upvotes
Logtown
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 3:37 pm
That article lost all credibilty when they referred to pro-life activists as "anti-choice". "Pro-life" and "pro-choice" have always been the terms used.
Indeed, and there's lots of grey area too.

I'm pro-choice but I despise abortion and the people that have them.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
15658 posts
439 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
AndySixx wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 6:06 pm
I'm pro-choice but I despise abortion and the people that have them.
You mean the women who have them? What else about women do you hate, specifically?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
2606 posts
277 upvotes
Ottawa
konfusion666 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 7:26 pm
You mean the women who have them? What else about women do you hate, specifically?
You can identify as a male and be pregnant (if you're biologically female). What about transgendered people do you hate, specifically?Grinning Face

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)