• Sep 22nd, 2017 8:17 am
Tags:
Aug 2, 2017
185 posts
49 upvotes
Logtown
konfusion666 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 7:26 pm
You mean the women who have them? What else about women do you hate, specifically?
Whatever you like about them, specifically.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
15660 posts
439 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
AndySixx wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 8:13 pm
Whatever you like about them, specifically.
Good job! Your Hateful Troll(TM) credentials have been upgraded by 1000 points.
Aug 2, 2017
185 posts
49 upvotes
Logtown
konfusion666 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 8:44 pm
Good job! Your Hateful Troll(TM) credentials have been upgraded by 1000 points.
No other way to respond to posts like that. ;)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2013
5909 posts
2021 upvotes
Toronto
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 4:37 pm
I think even saying "pro-choice" or "pro-life" is in itself inaccurate, because most people aren't 100% in either direction. Consider:

A pure "pro-life" position would be that any killing of the egg/fetus/whatever after conception would be first degree murder no matter what, not only for the mother but also for any one who assisted them or illegally encouraged them to have it done.

A pure "pro-choice" position would mean that until the baby is born a mother could have it aborted simply by going to a medical clinic and having it done, like a flu shot. If it were possible to simply buy a pill from the pharmacy and somehow that would work, then that pill would be 100% legal.
most people fall in the middle of most of these things, except you get the crazies that rally for the hard left/hard right for any point of view... aka RFD.
Jun 24, 2015
523 posts
49 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Anti-pro-life eh? couldn't we just say these ppl are Anti-life?
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
13907 posts
1432 upvotes
Toronto
GoodFellaz wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 11:21 pm
Anti-pro-life eh? couldn't we just say these ppl are Anti-life?
Nah, they're trying to protect lives being destroyed because of the fanatical belief that an egg is equivalent to a full grown chicken.

The people that are really anti-life are the ones pushing the anti-abortion messages. They kill doctors, bomb clinics, and constantly push the message that the life of the fetus takes precedence over that of the mother. "Is she going to die in childbirth and an abortion is necessary to save her life? Let her die! It's god's will!"
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
15660 posts
439 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
Piro21 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 11:25 am
The people that are really anti-life are the ones pushing the anti-abortion messages. They kill doctors, bomb clinics, and constantly push the message that the life of the fetus takes precedence over that of the mother. "Is she going to die in childbirth and an abortion is necessary to save her life? Let her die! It's god's will!"
+1000

And why is it always evangelical *Christians* who do this stupid shit?

You never see Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist pro-life protesters ... I wonder what that says about the non-Christian faiths? ;)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7708 posts
1238 upvotes
Edmonton
I'm pro choice, provided the people making that choice have taken a series of tests and are deemed competent, have a stable job, are psychologically stable, are physically and emotionally present, maintain and update parenting best practice skills etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
2354 posts
824 upvotes
The people who are opposed to pro-life should be anti-life not anti-pro-life because if you are not for pro-life but against anti-pro-life then you would be anti-anti-pro-life and if you were for anti-pro-life but not against pro-life then you would be pro-anti-pro-life and this is all way too confusing.
Sep 19, 2013
844 posts
209 upvotes
Winnipeg
pootza wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 7:49 am
The people who are opposed to pro-life should be anti-life not anti-pro-life because if you are not for pro-life but against anti-pro-life then you would be anti-anti-pro-life and if you were for anti-pro-life but not against pro-life then you would be pro-anti-pro-life
Showing the protestors above post is going to make them understand and end the conflict.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
13907 posts
1432 upvotes
Toronto
LeisureSuitL wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 10:22 am
Which one is pro-life again?
The one that doesn't destroy the lives of actual living human beings in favor of a clump of proteins that can't survive on its own
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Aug 2, 2017
185 posts
49 upvotes
Logtown
Piro21 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 10:26 am
clump of proteins
Helping the pro-life argument are we?
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4682 posts
333 upvotes
I can never understand how somebody can say it is fine to kill a baby (or fetus if you prefer) 1 sec before it's born, but it's not fine to kill it 1 sec after it's born.

We kill animals all the time (you can get really gross pictures of dead animals as well), so it's clearly not "life" we "pro". I guess it's sentience then?
Aug 2, 2017
185 posts
49 upvotes
Logtown
Archanfel wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 2:27 am
I can never understand how somebody can say it is fine to kill a baby (or fetus if you prefer) 1 sec before it's born, but it's not fine to kill it 1 sec after it's born.

We kill animals all the time (you can get really gross pictures of dead animals as well), so it's clearly not "life" we "pro". I guess it's sentience then?
It's more a focus on certain aspects of "life". Simply put, for conservatives, abortion is a political calling card, one that conservative politicians use to their advantage. Like sheep they flock to it.

Even though I'm extremely pro-choice, I gotta say, reading that a fetus is merely a clump of cells is also incensing. When I saw a 3d ultrasound of my daughter as a 16 week old fetus moving around in my wife she didn't look like a clump of cells to me any more than she does today at 6 years old. People who suggest that this clearly living and developing human isn't alive should have their heads checked by a professional before they become the next Klebold/Harris.