• Sep 14th, 2017 7:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3775 posts
450 upvotes
Aurora

Antifa Activities Now Classified as Domestic Terrorism in US

I've just read that the Department of Homeland Security has formally classified Antifa activities as terrorism. This seems like quite a development. Is this a political move by POTUS or a real and present threat? I think it's a combination of both.

Newsweek Sept 1, 2017 article. http://www.newsweek.com/are-antifa-terrorists-658396
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has formally classified the activities of anti-fascist groups (antifa) as “domestic terrorist violence” since early 2016, according to confidential law enforcement documents obtained by Politico and interviews.

Federal authorities have reportedly warned state and local officials the antifa has become “increasingly confrontational” in efforts to thwart white supremacist groups.

Newly disclosed documents show authorities believed “anarchist extremists” were the main cause of violence at a number of public rallies. A confidential 2016 joint intelligence assessment by DHS and the FBI blamed the antifa for attacks on a range of targets, including police, government institutions and symbols of “the capitalist system.”

Last edited by DiceMan on Sep 5th, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
178 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
13867 posts
856 upvotes
Weird since antifa isn't an organization.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9313 posts
1135 upvotes
Toronto
Ojam wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 11:19 pm
It's funded by somebody or some group.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
13867 posts
856 upvotes
at1212b wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 11:30 pm
Antifa (anti-facists) is a movement of independent people that form into groups when needed. It's not an organization in the sense that there is a structure. There is no one person or group funding the movement. It's an ideology, not a group or organization.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3775 posts
450 upvotes
Aurora
Agreed. Title modified.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7014 posts
219 upvotes
We knew this was coming. The Alt Right has the WH right now and Antifa is their enemy. Trump runs the FBI and DHS.

Its hilarious to me because antifa can easily rename themselves. Its not an actual organization. There is no leadership. Their mission is pretty simple. Oppose the Nazi alt right everywhere they see them. No need to have a name for that.
How?. Who will they pay?. There isnt a known leader or an actual HQ. Its a bunch of citizens nationwide who share the same passion of hating nazi's.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9774 posts
785 upvotes
Ojam wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 11:19 pm
and "Alt-Right" does?

I guess it's not surprising.. when you burn/loot/assault enough people, you are bound to be on that list.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7014 posts
219 upvotes
kingofwale wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 12:15 am
and "Alt-Right" does?

I guess it's not surprising.. when you burn/loot/assault enough people, you are bound to be on that list.
Alt-Right is both an organization and ideology. Its the parent company of all the supremacist/nationalist groups. Its the string that ties all the bigots together. Antifa is not. Its literally just a bunch of people online meeting up anywhere supremacist groups try to start an issue.

Antifa is actually TRYING to organize like Alt-Right but its not happening because there isnt a bunch of group that identifies with Antifa.

Alt-Right is extremely unique. That is why they are VERY dangerous.. They can move as individuals(people who doesnt belong to any specific groups) and they can move as groups(KKK, Neo Nazi's, Proud Boys).
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
2680 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
kevindurant1 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 12:29 am
Alt-Right is both an organization and ideology. Its the parent company of all the supremacist/nationalist groups. Its the string that ties all the bigots together. Antifa is not. Its literally just a bunch of people online meeting up anywhere supremacist groups try to start an issue.

Antifa is actually TRYING to organize like Alt-Right but its not happening because there isnt a bunch of group that identifies with Antifa.

Alt-Right is extremely unique. That is why they are VERY dangerous.. They can move as individuals(people who doesnt belong to any specific groups) and they can move as groups(KKK, Neo Nazi's, Proud Boys).
Dear God, the world must look mighty small atop your perch on the ivory tower...be sure to say hi to Icarus as he blazes passed you! And that's all I have to say because if I say anything else the thread will mysteriously become locked.
Last edited by silky28 on Sep 6th, 2017 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
2680 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
kevindurant1 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 12:29 am

Oh wait answer my question KD...do you denounce both Nazism and violence?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
1170 posts
49 upvotes
Montreal
silky28 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 12:46 am
Dear God, the world must look mighty small atop your perch on the ivory tower...be sure to say hi th Icarus as he blazes passed you! And that's all I have to say because if I say anything else the thread will mysteriously become locked.
Anyone that has been paying attention in the last year or so and with sound of mind realizes that Anti-fa or groups like it are far more destructive than any small fringe neo nazi group which are jokes since no one supports them in the slightest and they will go away or are a non factor if you don't pay them any more attention. Anti-fa and groups like it are basically the same as alt right groups in that they hate the law, certain groups of people and use violence. People think Anti-fa is ok and that's why it is a much more dangerous group. LOL anti-fascist group what a joke when you don't agree with them they are fascist.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2008
4371 posts
629 upvotes
Mike2000z28 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 3:32 am
Anyone that has been paying attention in the last year or so and with sound of mind realizes that Anti-fa or groups like it are far more destructive than any small fringe neo nazi group which are jokes since no one supports them in the slightest and they will go away or are a non factor if you don't pay them any more attention. Anti-fa and groups like it are basically the same as alt right groups in that they hate the law, certain groups of people and use violence. People think Anti-fa is ok and that's why it is a much more dangerous group. LOL anti-fascist group what a joke when you don't agree with them they are fascist.
You have got to be kidding me. Antifa is not the same as alt right groups, Donald. Give your head a shake.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
13867 posts
856 upvotes
kingofwale wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 12:15 am
and "Alt-Right" does?

More of an organized structure than antifa. Alt-right is a term used by white supremacist Richard Spencer to make their ideals (racist ideals) more palatable for the general public. While the term alt-right is an ideology the groups that consider themselves to be part of the alt-right have governing bodies, leaders, committees, grand dragons, people steering the ship, they are organized groups.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
2080 posts
97 upvotes
Markham
Ojam wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 11:34 pm
Antifa (anti-facists) is a movement of independent people that form into groups when needed. It's not an organization in the sense that there is a structure. There is no one person or group funding the movement. It's an ideology, not a group or organization.
In good old days, we called it anarchy.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
13907 posts
1432 upvotes
Toronto
I see. Bomb an abortion clinic, shoot up a church full of black people, kill an innocent woman and injure many others with your car because of your love for slavery, or run over and kill a bunch of homeless people with your truck and it's not terrorism, but defend your fellow university students against a bunch of thugs who show up wearing armor and carrying weapons and you're suddenly a member of a terrorist group.

Not political in the slightest.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?