• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2017 7:21 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2008
4369 posts
629 upvotes
silky28 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 7:06 am
That is true ONLY if you believe that one's defense of the rights of an individual or group to speak proves or implies that person supports the message of the speaker...only if you believe that I cannot disagree with the white supremacist message while advocating for their right to express it.
But yet such a difference when the discussion concerns BLM.

Would people defend to the end of the earth....the rights of a rapist or murderer? I certainly wouldn't. Just noting the differences in the conversation is all.
Aug 2, 2017
174 posts
48 upvotes
Logtown
silky28 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 7:06 am
That is true ONLY if you believe that one's defense of the rights of an individual or group to speak proves or implies that person supports the message of the speaker...only if you believe that I cannot disagree with the white supremacist message while advocating for their right to express it.
What concerns me is vigilantism, especially people turning to vigilantism merely because an election didn't go their way, throwing fits, labeling everyone they disagree with as Nazis, and literally attacking people, throwing feces and urine on them, pepper spraying them, or just beating them to a pulp as a result.

I thought the idea was fighting fascism but we see who the fascists really are.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
13906 posts
1432 upvotes
Toronto
AndySixx wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 7:55 am
What concerns me is vigilantism, especially people turning to vigilantism merely because an election didn't go their way, throwing fits, labeling everyone they disagree with as Nazis, and literally attacking people, throwing feces and urine on them, pepper spraying them, or just beating them to a pulp as a result.

I thought the idea was fighting fascism but we see who the fascists really are.
Running them over with cars, showing up in armed crowds on their university campuses, rallying with flaming torches around a statue of a guy who fought to defend slavery, and so on too. It's pretty disgusting what kinds of violence people will turn a blind eye to (or even actively defend, on the part of the president) as long as it fits their narrative.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3519 posts
454 upvotes
Piro21 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 10:41 am
Running them over with cars, showing up in armed crowds on their university campuses, rallying with flaming torches around a statue of a guy who fought to defend slavery, and so on too. It's pretty disgusting what kinds of violence people will turn a blind eye to (or even actively defend, on the part of the president) as long as it fits their narrative.
well ... "Violence is not violence bud." ... "as long as it fits their narrative" ... Confused Face
Aug 2, 2017
174 posts
48 upvotes
Logtown
Piro21 wrote:
You only described one act of violence (of which the motive is still in question) and threw making you feel uncomfortable in as a violent act. lol.

Also numerous Antifa just arrested for throwing smoke bombs at police.

#FightingNazis

On the bright side these people are making Trump look fantastic in comparison.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
2679 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
Piro21 wrote:
showing up in armed crowds on their university campuses
That doesn't happen in isolation from the violence on the Left for it is, in fact, the result of violence on the Left. How many times should people attending talks by conservatives endure beatings at the hands of ANTIFA et al with no police protection, before they begin to defend themselves?
Aug 2, 2017
174 posts
48 upvotes
Logtown
silky28 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 12:18 pm
That doesn't happen in isolation from the violence on the Left for it is, in fact, the result of violence on the Left. How many times should people attending talks by conservatives endure beatings at the hands of ANTIFA et al with no police protection, before they begin to defend themselves?
And regarding those talks.. at Berkeley of all places..

- Berkeley gets a name for free speech movements, where people point out their right to say contentious things that piss other people off, especially white males, Christians, etc.
- Berkeley now known for attacks against people (especially white males, Christians, etc.) using their right of free speech because opposing opinions is offensive

Pretty interesting how liberal views are being abandoned by the left for more archaic, oppressive, and violent ones. Remembering that the backbone of terrorism is violence and threats of violence as a means of inflicting political change.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
2606 posts
277 upvotes
Ottawa
silky28 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 12:18 pm
Well, the left and the right both showed up with weapons (the left had improvised weapons like bike locks, and the right had firearms). Which side used their weapons to illegally assault the other?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
2606 posts
277 upvotes
Ottawa
AndySixx wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 11:31 am
You only described one act of violence (of which the motive is still in question) and threw making you feel uncomfortable in as a violent act. lol.

#FightingNazis

Yup, by the same reasoning we could blame the shooting at the Republican baseball game on the left. But we don't, because he was just a nutjob.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
15816 posts
1713 upvotes
Montreal
Kaz wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 10:57 pm
Seems strange that you and raider neglect to remember that the person who instituted the cultural mosaic policy in Canada was Pierre Trudeau who was a rather large fan of the Russians and the communist system. And them pointing out that the key to destabilization was supporting the policies Pierre pushed. Hmm.
1. I approve of multiculturalism

2. I approve of PET. I will reserve judgement on his son.

3. In 1970 Russia was communist. Now it's far right oligarchal kleptocracy. The very model of utopia that the alt right venerates.

4. Everything about the modern alt right, from anti-globalism, to white nationalism, to anti-antifa, stinks of vodka and potatoes. It surprises me to no end that whenever we dig behind guys like Trump, Bannon, or Duke, a Russian pops up somewhere.

5. I strongly suspect the opinions of many modern right leaning speakers is heavily influenced by Russian made/bought/paid propaganda and they don't even realize it.

6. Russia has an explicit policy of sowing cultural and ideological dissent in the US and Western Europe. They view it as a matter of national defense
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
2679 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 1:46 pm
Well, the left and the right both showed up with weapons (the left had improvised weapons like bike locks, and the right had firearms). Which side used their weapons to illegally assault the other?
Wrong... The Left did not only have improvised weapons they also had knives, bats, m80 explosives, mace/pepper spray and other things...and those on the Right only began to arm themselves after they were attacked on two separate occasions at Berkeley..first at the Milo talk then at the Donald Trump rally. It was ANTIFA and the like that introduced the violence, not the Right.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
2606 posts
277 upvotes
Ottawa
AndySixx wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 11:31 am

#FightingNazis

Well, the police are defending people on the right from being illegally assaulted. According to some people here, that makes them Nazis...
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
4135 posts
409 upvotes
Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out who is in the wrong. Guys dressed in all black with faces masked, or the normal looking guys?

I hope antifa try to pull that crap in canada and all get arrested for wearing masks. But knowing us, they'd probably get a warning since feelings hurt.
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2668 posts
169 upvotes
Kingmoo wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 3:57 pm
Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out who is in the wrong. Guys dressed in all black with faces masked, or the normal looking guys?

I hope antifa try to pull that crap in canada and all get arrested for wearing masks. But knowing us, they'd probably get a warning since feelings hurt.
really? I dont think so. And many Montreal protesters I see always wearing all blacks and some with masks.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)