• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2017 7:21 pm
Apr 12, 2008
487 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Ojam wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 7:19 pm
. . . the dems changing direction in the 60s to support the civil rights movement. . .
Yes, as the professor said:
As President Lyndon Johnson was purported to have said about the Civil Rights Act, “I’ll have them n*****s voting Democrat for two hundred years.”

So now, the Democratic Party prospers on the votes of the very people it has spent much of its history oppressing.

Democrats falsely claim that the Republican Party is the villain, when in reality it’s the failed policies of the Democratic Party that have kept blacks down. Massive government welfare has decimated the black family. Opposition to school choice has kept them trapped in failing schools. Politically correct policing has left black neighborhoods defenseless against violent crime.
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7201 posts
237 upvotes
M_Matt wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 7:59 pm
Yes, as the professor said:
That is cute and all but parties evolve. Republicans used to be the party of honor and now they are the party of Trump.

Abe Lincoln to Trump.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
2745 posts
298 upvotes
Ottawa
kevindurant1 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 7:50 pm
Thanks for FINALLY admitting what side you are on. It was pretty clear to me but I had to get it out of you.

You are not protecting "free speech" because its NOT being threatened. The government are not arresting/intimidating/killing people for speaking out their mind. I dont know how many times I have to repeat this. This is between civilians. Antifa is not part of the state. People who are marching out there against your side are not part of the state.

The opposition outsmarting your side has nothing to do with free speech.

Non-moderate doesnt mean they are Nazi. They could belong to the religious right(ie. Mike Pence). Reagan is actually a centrist. He could easily run as a democrat(corporate democrat) today.

Ann Coulter is a political troll. Ben Shapiro is not a Nazi but falls under the Alt Right umbrella. They have right wing zionists there that are specifically paid for to harrass muslims and the progressive left.

Remember Alt Right is not just Nazism. There is KKK. Zionists. Supremacists/Nationalists. It is an umbrella that ties all the bigots together.
And again you seem not to understand that there is a big difference between defending someone's rights and agreeing with their beliefs.

The opposition isn't "outsmarting" the right; they're just assaulting anyone they disagree with.

I personally think this is going to end very badly. Remember, in many areas of the US it is legal to carry a concealed weapon. I predict that what will happen is that Antifa members will surround someone, begin assaulting them and that person will pull out a gun and shoot his attackers. It will be a perfectly legal case of self-defense.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16454 posts
1764 upvotes
Montreal
silky28 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 7:34 pm
How many people have you seen walking around in white sheets? Meanwhile we live in the age of Islamic terrorism but I'm not supposed to be concerned about the women bobbing around in black sheets?
Let me put your mind at ease. Dont worry about the niqabs. Any terrorist worth his salt will blend in and like you or me. Well maybe not you, but me.
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7201 posts
237 upvotes
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 8:34 pm
And again you seem not to understand that there is a big difference between defending someone's rights and agreeing with their beliefs.

The opposition isn't "outsmarting" the right; they're just assaulting anyone they disagree with.

I personally think this is going to end very badly. Remember, in many areas of the US it is legal to carry a concealed weapon. I predict that what will happen is that Antifa members will surround someone, begin assaulting them and that person will pull out a gun and shoot his attackers. It will be a perfectly legal case of self-defense.
AGAIN. You are NOT protecting their rights. Their rights is NOT being trampled on. The opposition is NOT part of the state. They are civilians. Antifa is not part of the government.

So you ARE defending their beliefs..
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
2745 posts
298 upvotes
Ottawa
kevindurant1 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 8:51 pm
AGAIN. You are NOT protecting their rights. Their rights is NOT being trampled on. The opposition is NOT part of the state. They are civilians. Antifa is not part of the government.

So you ARE defending their beliefs..
Yes, their rights are being trampled on. Specfically their rights to not be assaulted. If I say something you don't like and you punch me, it's not my rights to free speech you're violating. It's my right to be not be assaulted you're violating. And it doesn't matter whether you're a government agent or a "civilian".
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
2824 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
Funny how KD keeps saying ANTIFA cant violate your right only government can...so it ia,not a violation of a transgender persons right to call them by the wrong pronoun right? it is,not a violation of a church to refuse gqy weddings, right? it waant a violation of rights? how about when i refuse to,rent an apartment to people on welfar...is that a suppression of rights?

Your argument is stupid..of course other civilians can violate another's rights and i bet i could find numerous of your post where you complain about jist that...about one violating the rights of a minority. you just love to skew and redefine things and that is the sign of a person who has to make the world fit his philosophy...it is also the MO of the Left.
Apr 12, 2008
487 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 8:34 pm
I personally think this is going to end very badly.
Agree 100%. There unfortunately will be deaths on both sides.
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7201 posts
237 upvotes
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 8:54 pm
Yes, their rights are being trampled on. Specfically their rights to not be assaulted. If I say something you don't like and you punch me, it's not my rights to free speech you're violating. It's my right to be not be assaulted you're violating. And it doesn't matter whether you're a government agent or a "civilian".
How is it being violated?. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

The state is not going after each nazi groups and punishing them. This "freedom of speech" idea you are talking applies ONLY to the state NOT for civilians. That is why its IN american constitution. The state have to uphold that or its tyranny.

Civilians trying to stop Nazis from spreading hate speech is NOT part of the constitution. To even think that it does is totally silly.
Specfically their rights to not be assaulted.
What are you even talking about?. If person A assault person B. Person A can go to jail. Assault is not legal.

I hope you were just confused with how the constitution works and you dont actually identify with the Alt Right.
Only one doing the killing here are the Alt Right.

Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
2745 posts
298 upvotes
Ottawa
kevindurant1 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 9:02 pm
How is it being violated?. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

The state is not going after each nazi groups and punishing them. This "freedom of speech" idea you are talking applies ONLY to the state NOT for civilians. That is why its IN american constitution. The state have to uphold that or its tyranny.

Civilians trying to stop Nazis from spreading hate speech is NOT part of the constitution. To even think that it does is totally silly.

What are you even talking about?. If person A assault person B. Person A can go to jail. Assault is not legal.

I hope you were just confused with how the constitution works and you dont actually identify with the Alt Right.

Only one doing the killing here are the Alt Right.

I am not talking about the constitution or "free speech" rights. I am talking about the right to not be assaulted. You have acknowledged that Antifa illegally assaults people.

Your poster only includes people killed by "alt-right" people, and excludes people killed by "alt-left" people. It also excludes people who have been assaulted.

You have answered that you think Ben Shapiro is part of the "alt-right". Do you believe then he is a Nazi? You have said that you believe the "alt-right" to be Nazis. Do you believe that people who attend his lectures deserve to be punched?
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7201 posts
237 upvotes
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 9:16 pm
I am not talking about the constitution or "free speech" rights. I am talking about the right to not be assaulted. You have acknowledged that Antifa illegally assaults people.

Your poster only includes people killed by "alt-right" people, and excludes people killed by "alt-left" people. It also excludes people who have been assaulted.

You have answered that you think Ben Shapiro is part of the "alt-right". Do you believe then he is a Nazi? You have said that you believe the "alt-right" to be Nazis. Do you believe that people who attend his lectures deserve to be punched?
You just said over and over that you are defending their "rights" to free speech. The only free speech that exist is the one in the constitution. That one is not being threatened since Antifa are civilians and not a state body.

So clearly you are defending their ideas.
I am talking about the right to not be assaulted.

They still have those rights. Last time I checked its not legal to commit an assault just because they are nazis. Point to the actual law where it says that?. Oh you cant?.

There you go.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
2745 posts
298 upvotes
Ottawa
kevindurant1 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 9:22 pm
You just said over and over that you are defending their "rights" to free speech. The only free speech that exist is the one in the constitution. That one is not being threatened since Antifa are civilians and not a state body.

So clearly you are defending their ideas.

They still have those rights. Last time I checked its not legal to commit an assault just because they are nazis. Point to the actual law where it says that?. Oh you cant?.

There you go.
I have never referred to "free speech" rights, only the right not to be assaulted.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16454 posts
1764 upvotes
Montreal
M_Matt wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 9:01 pm
Nonsense. They bring balance to the force. As predicted by prophecy.

I haven't quite figured out which ones are th Jedi knights, and which ones are the Sith Lords. Usually the Jedi are in white, but in this case...
Last edited by mr_raider on Sep 10th, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
2824 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know why this is so complicated. All KD has to do is answer this simple question...do you believe it is ok for one group of civilians to use violence to suppress another group of civilians?

Oh wait, I know why it has become so complicated...because KD will never answer this question honestly.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
2824 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
mr_raider wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 8:39 pm
Let me put your mind at ease. Dont worry about the niqabs. Any terrorist worth his salt will blend in and like you or me. Well maybe not you, but me.
So you are saying I shouldn't worry about the people in the dark sheets who I see every day but you can worry about the guys in the white sheets whom I bet you've never seen in person?

and considering I am living in England which is a more rational fear for anyone, white, black or rainbow - the white racist with a clean white sheet or the full bearded pipe bomber?

And it doesn't put my mind at east for that woman bobbing along with her face concealed could be a suicide bomber with a vest full of C4...