• Sep 14th, 2017 7:21 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
2675 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
mr_raider wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 8:39 pm
Let me put your mind at ease. Dont worry about the niqabs. Any terrorist worth his salt will blend in and like you or me. Well maybe not you, but me.
So you are saying I shouldn't worry about the people in the dark sheets who I see every day but you can worry about the guys in the white sheets whom I bet you've never seen in person?

and considering I am living in England which is a more rational fear for anyone, white, black or rainbow - the white racist with a clean white sheet or the full bearded pipe bomber?

And it doesn't put my mind at east for that woman bobbing along with her face concealed could be a suicide bomber with a vest full of C4...
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
4132 posts
409 upvotes
mr_raider wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 9:58 pm
Nonsense. They bring balance to the force. As predicted by prophecy.

I haven't quite figured out which ones are th Jedi knights, and which ones are the Sith Lords. Usually the Jedi are in white, but in this case...
For now on can you at least have the common courtesy to say "we" instead of "they"? It's quite clear where you stand
Aug 2, 2017
147 posts
45 upvotes
Logtown
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 8:34 pm
I predict that what will happen is that Antifa members will surround someone, begin assaulting them and that person will pull out a gun and shoot his attackers. It will be a perfectly legal case of self-defense.
Indeed. Eventually the people on the right are going to snap. It's never okay to attack people for offending you regardless of how they're labeled. It is okay, on the other hand, to defend yourself in the US. So if Antifa gets their jollies attacking people they subjectively label as Nazi, white supremacist, or whatever other stupid stuff they do (that is more relevant for mid 1900s America than 2017), I for one can't wait until the videos surface of these idiots getting exactly what they're asking for. I always enjoy watching videos of people earning Darwin awards.

White supremacy in general has thankfully been beaten down to represent either the corners of the internet or some hillbilly towns where people march trying to offend people like the Westboro Baptist Church. Given you can't completely eradicate stupidity, I'm okay with it being relegated to the extreme fringes as they are. On the other hand, identifying people as white supremacist because they politically disagree with someone, or offend someone, and attacking them is going to give white supremacist movements a lot of positive ammo and recruitment fodder. It doesn't take a sociological genius to see that any supposed goals (i.e. goals of Antifa, BLM, et al.) of eliminating white supremacy backfires with these tactics. I honestly don't believe these movements have anything to do with what they state.. it's just an excuse to vent their frustrations at Trump winning the 2016 election. Little do they understand that they are the useful idiots Trump can point to and hold out in front of him, no matter how dumb he looks, to make himself electable. As long as the left are lashing out like this, Trump will always look better. If Democrats and leftist supporters had any sense about them they'd be denouncing Antifa and co. at all levels with the same rhetoric as Nancy Pelosi recently did. They're going to get crushed in 2018 and 2020 if people identify that party with these violent leftist movements.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
4132 posts
409 upvotes
At the end of of the day it's just sad to realise that this is the new norm. Groups of Facebookers rallying in the streets because they believe what they read on the internet. When democrats win the next election, expect an anti-antifa group to form and protest in a similar fashion for what they "communally" believe is self-righteous
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
2675 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
i cant believe that people on the Left fail to realize that the actiions of ANTIFA have strengthened the radical Right. It shouldnt be that hard to understand that when ANTIFA and the Radical Left label anyone who differs from them politically as Nazi racist bigott sexist homophobe to justify physically assaulting them, that this only serves to radicalize the victims and to push them towards the truly nasty people on the far Right. The best way to "unite the right" is to group every person to the right of you as an enemy and to attack them the because for thisbrings them all together, not ideolofically, but through a shared enemy.

The evolution of the Battles of Berkeley exemplifies the problem ANTIFA has created..in the first battle the Right had no weapons but antifa did and proceeded to assault and riot...second battle saw some on the Right wear helmets, face shields for mace, and carry sticks; they surrendered their sticks to Police who promised to protect them but the police stood down to ANTIFA which assaulted the Right and rioted....in the third battle the Right showed up with more armour and weapons, stood up to ANTIFA and laid a joyous and holy beat down on them, in self-defence after ANTIFA attacked, from which ANTIFA made a quick retreat.

The Left should have realized at least 2 things from Trumps election: 1) that labelling adversaries as racist,sexiist etc etc etc.no longer works to silence people., 2) and when you label and attack people as such people may say F*IT and start acting out your assumption.

it reminds we of one of my EX Gf's who frequently and falsley accused me of cheating...after a few accusations i told her point blank that if she keeps accusing me of cheating i might as well do it.
Last edited by silky28 on Sep 11th, 2017 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
15799 posts
1711 upvotes
Montreal
silky28 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 10:04 pm
So you are saying I shouldn't worry about the people in the dark sheets who I see every day but you can worry about the guys in the white sheets whom I bet you've never seen in person?

and considering I am living in England which is a more rational fear for anyone, white, black or rainbow - the white racist with a clean white sheet or the full bearded pipe bomber?

And it doesn't put my mind at east for that woman bobbing along with her face concealed could be a suicide bomber with a vest full of C4...
Ahhh you live in the UK. Nevermind then. You're country has bigger problems than guys in white sheets.
Penalty Box
Nov 1, 2001
1426 posts
52 upvotes
mr_raider wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 7:29 am
Ahhh you live in the UK. Nevermind then. You're country has bigger problems than guys in white sheets.
As he said, he has to worry about political correctness and the rise in Muslim extremism.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
15799 posts
1711 upvotes
Montreal
Kingmoo wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 10:14 pm
For now on can you at least have the common courtesy to say "we" instead of "they"? It's quite clear where you stand
Ohh noes...did you just accuse me of being anti fascist? The shame...

Next you'll say I'm anti cannibalism and anti pagan ritual sacrifice. Will the insults ever end?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
2675 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
mr_raider wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 10:40 am
Ohh noes...did you just accuse me of being anti fascist? The shame...

Next you'll say I'm anti cannibalism and anti pagan ritual sacrifice. Will the insults ever end?
the overwhelming majority of Western people are antifascist. luckily we dont feel the need to express that sentiment through fascistically beating people who disagree with us. ANTIFA is either a moronic group which cannot understand the hypocricy of using violence to suppress political rivals or they are a politically motivated group which uses violence to promote their radical politics and use antifascism as a cover to legitimize it...i vote for the latter.
Aug 26, 2017
101 posts
24 upvotes
silky28 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 11:29 am
the overwhelming majority of Western people are antifascist. luckily we dont feel the need to express that sentiment through fascistically beating people who disagree with us. ANTIFA is either a moronic group which cannot understand the hypocricy of using violence to suppress political rivals or they are a politically motivated group which uses violence to promote their radical politics and use antifascism as a cover to legitimize it...i vote for the latter.
+1
Justin Trudeau - bankrupting Canada since 2015.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2013
3383 posts
190 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 9:22 pm
Last time I checked its not legal to commit an assault just because they are Nazis.
Thanks for FINALLY admitting that Antifa are committing criminal acts. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7014 posts
219 upvotes
CheapScotch wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 7:30 pm
Thanks for FINALLY admitting that Antifa are committing criminal acts. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Umm so?. At least I dont identify with the Nazi Alt Right or even Antifa.
We are not defending the ideology of Alt Right/Nazi's/Unite The Right/Proud Boys etc etc. We are defending their right to promote their ideology
I made you admit that you identify with them. Now we know.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2013
3383 posts
190 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 1:31 am
Umm so?. At least I dont identify with the Nazi Alt Right or even Antifa.

I made you admit that you identify with them. Now we know.
But I support the right for people to promote other ideologies, provided they do so peacefully, including Anti fascism. So looks like I "identify with" Anti fascism - guess we are on the same side now, eh? Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Just so I am clear, supporting Anti fascism is not the same as supporting groups who promote their ideology by committing crimes such as punching people in the face.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7014 posts
219 upvotes
CheapScotch wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 5:50 am
But I support the right for people to promote other ideologies, provided they do so peacefully, including Anti fascism. So looks like I "identify with" Anti fascism - guess we are on the same side now, eh? Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Just so I am clear, supporting Anti fascism is not the same as supporting groups who promote their ideology by committing crimes such as punching people in the face.
That is really weird because you keep criticizing Antifa and not the actual group who have KILLED people. Then you admit that you are defending their ideology.

Remember, Canada went to war against the Nazi's not Antifa. Our WW2 vets were literally the ORIGINAL Antifa.

Those Canadian WW2 vets used violence against Nazis. It is pretty sad that you think they were wrong. :facepalm:
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)