• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2019 4:15 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 5, 2004
922 posts
209 upvotes

Antiperspirants expiry date?

I buy Dove Men and Degree antiperspirants. I have noticed in the last 6-12 months that the expiry date on pretty much all of them has started to disappear, all you have now is a product code at the bottom. Would anyone out there know why?

Thanks.
7 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12008 posts
1759 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Aluminum doesn't expire.
De gustibus non est disputandum
[OP]
Jul 5, 2004
922 posts
209 upvotes
Perhaps it does not but I am still puzzled why a year ago all Antiperspirants had an expiry date and now pretty much none do. What happened?
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12008 posts
1759 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Unilever Canada 1-800-761-DOVE
Usually, there is contact info on the product. I want to call Colgate about expired toothpaste, but they r on eastern time.
Dec 18, 2018
2 posts
Is there perhaps a little symbol with a number and 'M' ? Cosmetic products have those to show how long you can use them for after opening, usually 6-12 months I think
Jan 26, 2011
385 posts
112 upvotes
Gatineau
It was probably there for no good reason (i.e. hope that people would throw it away and buy more) or because that is how long they tested the fragrance would be at its best, or its look and/or texture would be optimal (I notice my gel antiperspirant in my bike gear turns cloudy after a while since I don't use it for 6 months in a year). They certainly don't expire, or at least not for several years.