Shopping Discussion

Any bad experiences with packages through Canadian customs?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2018 3:26 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1403 posts
3723 upvotes
New Brunswick

Any bad experiences with packages through Canadian customs?

DHL delivered my Amazon JP order yesterday:

I'm gonna assume I have Canada Border Security to thank for this. Pretty surprising, as I've had shipments from the UK that've gone through fine.
6 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
13006 posts
10009 upvotes
Edmonton
BranCracker wrote: DHL delivered my Amazon JP order yesterday:

I'm gonna assume I have Canada Border Security to thank for this. Pretty surprising, as I've had shipments from the UK that've gone through fine.
Why would you blame the customs for that? It went through a lot of hands before it got to customs.

And what relevance does your shipments from the UK coming through fine have with this situation? Those packages also would have come through customs, and this package was apparently from Japan, if I read the Amazon logo correctly.

C
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1403 posts
3723 upvotes
New Brunswick
CNeufeld wrote: Why would you blame the customs for that? It went through a lot of hands before it got to customs.

And what relevance does your shipments from the UK coming through fine have with this situation? Those packages also would have come through customs, and this package was apparently from Japan, if I read the Amazon logo correctly.

C
Customs open up packages to verify contents, do they not?

And I mention the UK packages because they went through customs without this level of damage.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8495 posts
2740 upvotes
Milton
BranCracker wrote: Customs open up packages to verify contents, do they not?

And I mention the UK packages because they went through customs without this level of damage.
They mark and tape to indicate which ones they open.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2251 upvotes
Canadia
BranCracker wrote: I'm gonna assume I have Canada Border Security to thank for this. Pretty surprising, as I've had shipments from the UK that've gone through fine.
CBSA always reseals packages with yellow tape. Yours looks like it was poorly packed and roughly handled.

Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1403 posts
3723 upvotes
New Brunswick
Thanks for the details guys, I retract the blame on customs Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)