Cell Phones

Any benefit of doing a hardware upgrade at Costco Wireless etc vs Bell Store?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2012 7:15 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1196 posts
1103 upvotes

Any benefit of doing a hardware upgrade at Costco Wireless etc vs Bell Store?

Tried googling and didn't find much info. If there's anyone with experience that could comment, I would appreciate it, thank you!
7 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15078 posts
743 upvotes
Woodbridge
Unless you work out a deal with Retentions, I avoid Bell & Rogers stores.

Wireless etc., offers Costco gift cards that can be used to pay off they balance if there's any. I know Best Buy & Future Shop offer gift cards as well but can it be used towards the balance?

Depending which Carrier & Model, the cash back can vary from $50 to $200. When I signed up (added) my Mother to my account I got $125 back compared to $75 other stores offer for the Samsung Galaxy S3. Also they always give you a 3-in-1 Car & Home charger (new or upgrade).
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1196 posts
1103 upvotes
bembol wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 10:15 pm
Unless you work out a deal with Retentions, I avoid Bell & Rogers stores.

Wireless etc., offers Costco gift cards that can be used to pay off they balance if there's any. I know Best Buy & Future Shop offer gift cards as well but can it be used towards the balance?

Depending which Carrier & Model, the cash back can vary from $50 to $200. When I signed up (added) my Mother to my account I got $125 back compared to $75 other stores offer for the Samsung Galaxy S3. Also they always give you a 3-in-1 Car & Home charger (new or upgrade).
Thanks. I don't think I'd apply for the gift card as I'd upgrade my line, not a new activation. Have you ever received any gift cards for doing an upgrade?

I agree with you avoiding Bell stores. I prefer to deal with Costco as they have excellent service.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15078 posts
743 upvotes
Woodbridge
Like others, they only give out gift cards on New Activations.

I usually call Retentions when I do a HUP but when the Note 2 came out (worst launch ever, LOL) it was PITA to look for. I dealt with the Mississauga/Heartland location twice before so he held one for me, again no gift card but I got the 3-in-1 charger. :)

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1196 posts
1103 upvotes
bembol wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 10:44 pm
Like others, they only give out gift cards on New Activations.

I usually call Retentions when I do a HUP but when the Note 2 came out (worst launch ever, LOL) it was PITA to look for. I dealt with the Mississauga/Heartland location twice before so he held one for me, again no gift card but I got the 3-in-1 charger. :)
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
8846 posts
297 upvotes
Mississauga
The only company that gives out giftcards on renewals is Telus, at least at BB and FS locations.
RFD 33-0-0
Ebay 18-0-0

|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
11056 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
Some of the Bell stores charge a $15 fee for doing the HUP. This is in addition to the $35 that Bell charges on your account.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15078 posts
743 upvotes
Woodbridge
Funny enough I walk into Bell store in Brampton and this lady got ripped off twice she upgraded to an iPhone and this ******* sales charged her $50 to activate both nano SIM cards. I just stare at him and shoom my head.

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
× < >