Computers & Electronics

Any BEV Satellite installers on board????

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2011 11:50 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5897 posts
301 upvotes
GTA

Any BEV Satellite installers on board????

I just converted over to BEV a couple of weeks ago. I bought 4 HD receivers which the BEV installer installed by using a SW44 switch from DishNetwork. 4 wires come from the dish (2 from 82 and 2 from 91) into the switch and 4 go out to my receivers, but now I want to add a 5th and possible a 6th receiver. My question is can I just attach another switch to my existing set up or do I need to get a whole new switch that can handle 6 receivers.

sk
5 replies
Oct 1, 2004
2 posts
1 upvote
in the rare instances that i have done this on site for 4+ receivers including HD i prefer the 2 2x4 multiswitches before the SW44's the link that JAC posted is a very good representation of how to do it the first method of using power passing splitters works just aswell my only reason for using 2x4's were in the event of a problem and if i had to return to an install it was less parts to trace an issue down to... perhaps something you could look into is the dish network dish pro LNB and switches it works with if my memory serves me correctly there is an 8 port switch from dish network (DP38 iirc) that takes the 2 lines from the dish pro and splits it into 8 ports... it all comes to cost at the end of the day what ever you are looking to spend will result in which route you go
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5897 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
'[K wrote:;12240852']in the rare instances that i have done this on site for 4+ receivers including HD i prefer the 2 2x4 multiswitches before the SW44's the link that JAC posted is a very good representation of how to do it the first method of using power passing splitters works just aswell my only reason for using 2x4's were in the event of a problem and if i had to return to an install it was less parts to trace an issue down to... perhaps something you could look into is the dish network dish pro LNB and switches it works with if my memory serves me correctly there is an 8 port switch from dish network (DP38 iirc) that takes the 2 lines from the dish pro and splits it into 8 ports... it all comes to cost at the end of the day what ever you are looking to spend will result in which route you go

I fully understand Diagram 1 from JAC's response, however there is no mention of what happens to the power supply that came with and was installed into the SW44 multiswitch. What happens to the power supply??

sk
Oct 1, 2004
2 posts
1 upvote
the sw44 power supply is hooked up to port 1 on the sw44

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)