Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
2672 posts
7 upvotes

Any charge to *67 on phone?

I'm wondering if there is a charge for putting *67 in front of the phone.
I believe this is to block your number from others.

Cellphone or landline.

Thanks!
16 replies
Oct 24, 2003
797 posts
15 upvotes
remember tho, some newer phones do not use this feature. i know my W800 thru rogers does not. *67 does nothing when dialing a number.

instead there is a setting in the phone, that u have to turn on/off i u want to show/hide ur number from other people
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
2672 posts
7 upvotes
I have a w810i

is the builtin phone feature free?

also is *31# free?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7054 posts
682 upvotes
GTA
I agree that privacy issues should make this free.

However - Rogers Home Phone subscribers are noticing an upsetting charge on their monthly bills starting in January. I haven't got mine yet, but from posts on other sites, Rogers Home Phone is now charging $0.95 per use when you dial *67.

Rogers has confirmed (not posted on their website yet) via email that this is now going to be a standard charge unless you subscribe to their $4/month plan to permanently block your number.

Isn't there some regulation that makes them required to provide *67 for free? I'm trying to find it. A complaint was put into the CRTC but they have responded that they have no jurisdiction over Rogers Home Phone because they are classified as a Competitive Local Exchange Carriers (CLECs).

There was a ruling by the CRTC that says Bell must provide *67 free of charge but apparently Rogers is exempt from this and is now charging as of this month (with no notice to customers).

Is there anything that prevents them from being able to do this?
Banned
Nov 29, 2005
4853 posts
3 upvotes
sillysimms wrote:
Feb 5th, 2008 12:33 am
I agree that privacy issues should make this free.

However - Rogers Home Phone subscribers are noticing an upsetting charge on their monthly bills starting in January. I haven't got mine yet, but from posts on other sites, Rogers Home Phone is now charging $0.95 per use when you dial *67.

Rogers has confirmed (not posted on their website yet) via email that this is now going to be a standard charge unless you subscribe to their $4/month plan to permanently block your number.

Isn't there some regulation that makes them required to provide *67 for free? I'm trying to find it. A complaint was put into the CRTC but they have responded that they have no jurisdiction over Rogers Home Phone because they are classified as a Competitive Local Exchange Carriers (CLECs).

There was a ruling by the CRTC that says Bell must provide *67 free of charge but apparently Rogers is exempt from this and is now charging as of this month (with no notice to customers).

Is there anything that prevents them from being able to do this?
thats *69, not *67, call return feature is completely different
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7054 posts
682 upvotes
GTA
Paolo wrote:
Feb 5th, 2008 10:01 am
thats *69, not *67, call return feature is completely different
They have always charged for *69 but without any notice for some inexplicable reason, they are now charging $0.95 per use for *67 to block your number on a per call basis and this has been confirmed via email from a Rogers representative.

There's a thread going about it here:
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=79680

I have seen a couple other complaints about this on the internet and it appears to have just started in January. Isn't there something that can be done about this because of privacy issues?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
7714 posts
244 upvotes
I don't understand why people use Rogers Home Phone when it cost more than POTS and less reliable.
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7054 posts
682 upvotes
GTA
elty wrote:
Feb 5th, 2008 2:20 pm
I don't understand why people use Rogers Home Phone when it cost more than POTS and less reliable.
We have the POTS from Rogers. We were former Sprint customers and automatically were transferred to Rogers when they bought Sprint. They keep trying to get us to switch but we aren't interested. However if they continue to charge for *67 they are the only landline telephone company that is doing this and we will be switching to another company.
Feb 4, 2008
6 posts
Eastern
I think it's only on landline phones as a feature. Never have used it on my cell phone but they charge for everything else.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
2672 posts
7 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Feb 5th, 2008 7:01 pm
Both #31# phone number and *31# phone number should work.
so it's free to get #31# but not *67?
× < >