Personal Finance

any credit card other than chase Visa with no foreign transcation fee ?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2013 10:22 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 1, 2013
355 posts
51 upvotes
BC

any credit card other than chase Visa with no foreign transcation fee ?

I cannot apply for any Chase Visa card for another 5 months and Chase cancelled my Amazon Visa for no reason. I paid all my previous Amazon Visa in full and on time.

Is there another credit card that has no foriegn transaction fee ?
24 replies
Banned
Dec 1, 2011
2427 posts
336 upvotes
Winnipeg
chekacr9 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2013 9:50 pm
I cannot apply for any Chase Visa card for another 5 months and Chase cancelled my Amazon Visa for no reason. I paid all my previous Amazon Visa in full and on time.

Is there another credit card that has no foriegn transaction fee ?
I'm sure Chase isn't in the business of just cancelling accounts for no reason. If they cancelled your account, they had a very good reason to do so.
Can you believe it? They sent my income tax return forms back to me! In response to question # 4, "Do you have any dependants?" I replied - "2.1 million illegal immigrants, 1.1 million crack heads, 4.4 million unemployable people, 901 thousand people in over 85 prisons, and 650 idiots in Parliament.
Apparently, this was NOT an acceptable answer.

Who the hell did I miss? :razz:
Sep 19, 2010
451 posts
75 upvotes
Marieville
wayne74 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2013 9:59 pm
I'm sure Chase isn't in the business of just cancelling accounts for no reason. If they cancelled your account, they had a very good reason to do so.
+1

They access your credit file each month (soft hit) so maybe the problem is not with chase, but another lender.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2012
3333 posts
593 upvotes
Why are people here so obsessed with rejecting the original poster's premise,making up supposed flaws pertaining to him, blame him for his troubles, and then rationalize it with chest thumping? It's the same thing over and over again in thread after thread after thread after thread, and it's annoying as all Hell, making these forums very unpleasant to read. This place often looks more like a zoo than a discussion board.

As for the OP, while not forex fees free, the Desjardins credit cards used to charge a slightly lower extra rate than most of the market (1.8% vs 2.5%), but someone else said they recently changed their policies. Maybe check with the National Bank.
[OP]
Apr 1, 2013
355 posts
51 upvotes
BC
I don't understand why Chase rely on so much to Equafax for credit information. If Equafax has wrong information on you, you are screwed with Chase. This is what to me. Other banks do not rely to Equafax or other credit agent as much.

I called Chase, they reinstated by credit card, but they would not disclose why they cancelled it without even notify me earlier.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2011
2620 posts
159 upvotes
GTA
So OP, Chase Visa and Amazon Visa had no FX conversion fee?

Is it possible the fee is built into the spread?

I am interested in the same question, spending more and more online and the conversion fee is starting to come into hundred(s).
Oct 24, 2008
60 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
LongLiveRFD wrote:
Jun 19th, 2013 12:11 pm

I am interested in the same question, spending more and more online and the conversion fee is starting to come into hundred(s).
Not to highjack the OP thread, but there is a huge topic about Amazon VISA http://forums.redflagdeals.com/merged-n ... n-1160919/
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
1645 posts
407 upvotes
LongLiveRFD wrote:
Jun 19th, 2013 12:11 pm

They use the standard MasterCard-posted rates. Other issuers use the same rates and tack on 2.5%.

I thought that National Bank had cards with no currency conversion fees, but a quick check of their website proves that to be wrong.
Banned
Dec 1, 2011
2427 posts
336 upvotes
Winnipeg
Poutinesauce wrote:
Jun 19th, 2013 4:47 am
Why are people here so obsessed with rejecting the original poster's premise,making up supposed flaws pertaining to him, blame him for his troubles, and then rationalize it with chest thumping? It's the same thing over and over again in thread after thread after thread after thread, and it's annoying as all Hell, making these forums very unpleasant to read. This place often looks more like a zoo than a discussion board.

As for the OP, while not forex fees free, the Desjardins credit cards used to charge a slightly lower extra rate than most of the market (1.8% vs 2.5%), but someone else said they recently changed their policies. Maybe check with the National Bank.
Where do you see any of this happening here? Are you reading the same thread everyone else is?
Can you believe it? They sent my income tax return forms back to me! In response to question # 4, "Do you have any dependants?" I replied - "2.1 million illegal immigrants, 1.1 million crack heads, 4.4 million unemployable people, 901 thousand people in over 85 prisons, and 650 idiots in Parliament.
Apparently, this was NOT an acceptable answer.

Who the hell did I miss? :razz:
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2011
2620 posts
159 upvotes
GTA
chekacr9 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2013 10:57 am
I don't understand why Chase rely on so much to Equafax for credit information. If Equafax has wrong information on you, you are screwed with Chase. This is what to me. Other banks do not rely to Equafax or other credit agent as much.

I called Chase, they reinstated by credit card, but they would not disclose why they cancelled it without even notify me earlier.
This happens with TransUnion too, royal pain to fax back and forth. They will put people in similar as well as identical street address under you file, put numbers to your name or mess up with the SIN...etc.

Glad you found and fixed the problem.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2007
6811 posts
1684 upvotes
Financial District B…
chekacr9 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2013 10:57 am

All and every financial institution relies on the credit bureau system to identify credit applicants.

The incorrect data on file is mainly caused by you and/or someone with similar data applying for credit.
If you want to avoid cross-referencing then change how you apply for credit products.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2011
2620 posts
159 upvotes
GTA
mikeymike1 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2013 10:04 pm
All and every financial institution relies on the credit bureau system to identify credit applicants.

The incorrect data on file is mainly caused by you and/or someone with similar data applying for credit.
If you want to avoid cross-referencing then change how you apply for credit products.
Do you mean going to the branch directly vs. applying online or over phone? or something else?

Please enlight.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
1815 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
+1...I use the Sears Financial MC for foreign currency purchases and while on vacation to save the 2.5% currency conversion fee. It also has the small bonus of earning Sears points which I think is at about 1% of purchases(although I rarely shop there).
× < >