Any experience with CKC breeder Dianna Morris

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2018 4:01 pm
[OP]
May 31, 2017
2 posts

Any experience with CKC breeder Dianna Morris

Hello everyone,

In my search for a toy poodle I found a CKC breeder called Dianna Morris her website: http://www.diannas-poodles.com.

I would like to know if anyone tried her in the past , if she is legit before sending her a $500 deposit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks ..
10 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2542 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
Also, please GO and PHYSICALLY visit her dogs/pups.
See where the dogs/pups are being raised and bred ... you should absolutely do this before putting any money down. You want to physically see and meet the dogs to see the temperament ect.

Here's a good list of questions to ask the breeder-
https://positively.com/dog-behavior/new ... t-breeder/
Last edited by MrsPotato on Jun 1st, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
1142 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
A lot of breeders will want to meet you and talk to you as they are very careful as to whom they sell a pup to. They usually have a contract that will say they are not for breeding etc. The contract may include the $500 deposit required but at least you have it in writing. The FB reviews all look good but the last one is a year old. You could send a message to those that left comments on FB and ask are they still happy with their dog. You could also onto the CKC site and see if there is anything there about her. Based on her website and having had a dog in many dog shows she looks like she would be a good breeder. Good luck on your puppy search.
[OP]
May 31, 2017
2 posts
dougboswell wrote:
Jun 1st, 2017 5:34 pm
A lot of breeders will want to meet you and talk to you as they are very careful as to whom they sell a pup to. They usually have a contract that will say they are not for breeding etc. The contract may include the $500 deposit required but at least you have it in writing. The FB reviews all look good but the last one is a year old. You could send a message to those that left comments on FB and ask are they still happy with their dog. You could also onto the CKC site and see if there is anything there about her. Based on her website and having had a dog in many dog shows she looks like she would be a good breeder. Good luck on your puppy search.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to write here. I did indeed call CKC representatives and they confirm that she is a registered breeder. So , *phew* Hopefully her pups will be great and healthy.
[OP]
May 31, 2017
2 posts
MrsPotato wrote:
Jun 1st, 2017 3:31 pm
Also, please GO and PHYSICALLY visit her dogs/pups.
See where the dogs/pups are being raised and bred ... you should absolutely do this before putting any money down. You want to physically see and meet the dogs to see the temperament ect.

Here's a good list of questions to ask the breeder-
https://positively.com/dog-behavior/new ... t-breeder/
Thank you so much for your helpful tips. I will check the website you have provided. As for the FB page, I have seen it before and I found that the contact number was different than the one posted in the website. It's kinda strange, I know! Anyways, I will try to contact the guys who recommended her and hopefully will get some feedback.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5526 posts
2783 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Lucy21 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2017 10:23 pm
Thank you so much for your helpful tips. I will check the website you have provided. As for the FB page, I have seen it before and I found that the contact number was different than the one posted in the website. It's kinda strange, I know! Anyways, I will try to contact the guys who recommended her and hopefully will get some feedback.
They could be friends of hers. I would want to personally go and check out her operation. Also, I don't think just being a registered breeder with CKC means much.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
1142 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
Most of the breeders specialize in 1 type of dog. Usually the parents of a litter have gone through CKC dog shows and earned enough points to be a champion. This can be an expensive process. When the dog is a champion they can charge higher fees if it is a male and higher prices for the litter from a female. Again no matter how good it looks to you over the internet you need to personally visit the breeder and you interview him/her and they interview. Dog breeders are a unique group of people who care for the animals very much.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2542 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
And keep us posted! You can share your journey :)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5153 posts
674 upvotes
South of Ottawa
Lucy21 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2017 7:56 pm
Thanks a lot for taking the time to write here. I did indeed call CKC representatives and they confirm that she is a registered breeder. So , *phew* Hopefully her pups will be great and healthy.
Please be aware that puppy mills are also registered breeders. In the purebred world, it is virtually meaningless.
Oct 5, 2018
1 posts
HI. I am also looking at getting a toy poodle from that same breeder. Did you end up buying from her? If so, how was your experience? If not, can you share why? Many thanks Helen