• Jun 9th, 2018 1:57 am
Tags:
None
Oct 31, 2012
24 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver, BC

Any experience with virtual assistants?

Has anyone had any experience hiring any offshore virtual assistants to help you manage your day to day business?
I had a few fellows recommend assistants in Philippines who charge anywhere between $1.50- $3 per hour and it seems to work for them.
Anyone can recommend good assistants in Phillippines?
11 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
3810 posts
58 upvotes
I have used one before and does help. She basically did simple tasks like finding the cheapest flight to a certain location. She did a fairly well job. I found her on Odesk.com.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4059 posts
452 upvotes
Toronto
VirtualMortgageBroker wrote: Has anyone had any experience hiring any offshore virtual assistants to help you manage your day to day business?
I had a few fellows recommend assistants in Philippines who charge anywhere between $1.50- $3 per hour and it seems to work for them.
Anyone can recommend good assistants in Phillippines?
Please post the lead here. I am looking for a virtual assistant very soon
Aug 19, 2011
379 posts
143 upvotes
Vancouver
Great for repetitive tasks. From my experience I recommend using video tutorials to train them. Easy to record your screen while you do whatever it is a few times then upload a video to Youtube. Gives them something to look back on and removes a lot of speculation.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
Glad the thread is kept clean...I could imagine it going ten different ways of wrong. :razz:
Board games!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
Just give them one week trials till you find someone good.
I have a kid in Pakistan I use for $2.50/hour, does a great job.
Apr 29, 2011
710 posts
43 upvotes
Innisfil
Can someone here please clarify what a virtual assistant does? I have a hunch, just want to know the people that do use them how do you find they benefit you?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
fuzzy_avocado wrote: Can someone here please clarify what a virtual assistant does? I have a hunch, just want to know the people that do use them how do you find they benefit you?
Same thing a regular assistant does. Anything you need help with. Small tasks that are wasting your time, you hire someone cheap to do them for you. ie sending emails, some SEO tasks, checkup on things, etc.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2004
1070 posts
203 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Hi there, this thread have been a few years old. Anyone can recommend a good site to hire virtual assist t in 2018?
Jun 19, 2006
85 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
I use them all the time as it makes working and projects a lot easier and quicker. Just do your due diligence when making a selection.

www.upwork.com
www.Guru.com
www.PeoplePerHour.com
www.freelancer.com

Phillipine based VA's
--------------------
www.onlinejobs.ph
www.virtualstafffinder.com

E-commerce specific
------------------
www.freeeup.com

You can always find some golden nuggets on fiverr.com as well.
Dec 8, 2006
627 posts
334 upvotes
Scarborough
I am considering hiring someone to help me with customer service that speaks Mandarin and English to help my clients more easily communicate with me.
Are there specialty services websites for that?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1568 posts
206 upvotes
Markham, ON
Irridion wrote: I am considering hiring someone to help me with customer service that speaks Mandarin and English to help my clients more easily communicate with me.
Are there specialty services websites for that?
Can you speak, listen and understand Mandarin and English?