[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15795 posts
679 upvotes
Stouffville

Any Fortnite PS4 players out there?

Hey all,

Took me far too long to get this game....cant believe that it has been out since September and I am only getting it in late March!... only have had it about a week but i am definitely enjoying it overall... not too much lag..games start pretty quick as well... tho i am not very good... especially at building quickly but i wanted to see if there were any PS4 RFD'er Fortnite players out there that would want to squad up sometime?
20 replies
Apr 17, 2013
791 posts
103 upvotes
Markham
Yes, but I suck lol
PSN - Meditech82
Deal Addict
May 4, 2005
2366 posts
63 upvotes
I tried it bust suck. My son even tells me that since he plays it with his friends all the time. Does anyone have any free Save the World codes?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7015 posts
500 upvotes
Toronto
The reason why console players have it rough is they crossplay with PC players. You have the advantage over ios/andriod players. But mouse keyboards is king.

I dont play, but my son plays alot with his buddies.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2937 posts
317 upvotes
PCDawg wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 3:46 pm
The reason why console players have it rough is they crossplay with PC players. You have the advantage over ios/andriod players. But mouse keyboards is king.

I dont play, but my son plays alot with his buddies.
Don't forget, PS4 does have the option to straight up connect a mouse and keyboard into it for Fortnite. Binding of the keys to build is a major benefit of this.
Oct 31, 2007
3252 posts
360 upvotes
just started playing it too and it's a nice reminder of how old I am because I cannot do anything in that game. I've played probably 100 rounds and killed 1 person lol. I find most of the people are all decked out in gear etc.. while I am stuck with the defaults. I'm guessing all that vanity stuff costs $$?? Anyway, despite how bad I am for some reason it's kind of fun.
Jan 17, 2017
114 posts
53 upvotes
I found this game took the longest for me to become comfortable with than other shooters out there. The build system really complicates the learning curve, and it is what separates the good and the bad players.
If anyone is starting out, focus on building from the start.
And.. half the battles come out to be a bunny hopping shotgun fest, so practice those too!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6604 posts
2038 upvotes
Mississauga
grappos13 wrote:
Apr 1st, 2018 5:07 pm
Hey all,

Took me far too long to get this game....cant believe that it has been out since September and I am only getting it in late March!... only have had it about a week but i am definitely enjoying it overall... not too much lag..games start pretty quick as well... tho i am not very good... especially at building quickly but i wanted to see if there were any PS4 RFD'er Fortnite players out there that would want to squad up sometime?
Damn you,now you are messing with my mind and pushing me to give it a try,my son begs everyday to play it,may be I will use his account as his account is loaded with items,you just reminded me I have to get him a psn card to buy season 4.

azn_dan wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 12:58 pm
Don't forget, PS4 does have the option to straight up connect a mouse and keyboard into it for Fortnite. Binding of the keys to build is a major benefit of this.
Thanks for the tip
I think I need a usb hub as I don't an usn ports left,one for VR headset and the other one is used by external HDD
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2937 posts
317 upvotes
Soty613 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2018 2:52 pm
I found this game took the longest for me to become comfortable with than other shooters out there. The build system really complicates the learning curve, and it is what separates the good and the bad players.
If anyone is starting out, focus on building from the start.
And.. half the battles come out to be a bunny hopping shotgun fest, so practice those too!
Another thing would be to learn to play with Builder Pro, takes some getting used to but its the best way to learn the game. I would also say do it in 50v50 for a no worries type of situation
Mar 26, 2005
376 posts
32 upvotes
azn_dan wrote:
Apr 30th, 2018 1:16 pm
Another thing would be to learn to play with Builder Pro, takes some getting used to but its the best way to learn the game. I would also say do it in 50v50 for a no worries type of situation
Agree. Changed my setting to builder pro a few weeks ago and it is much easier to build by pressing a trigger button for the shapes rather then tabbing over to select a piece.

I am super hooked on this game. Haven't played anything in years really but since January I been putting in 2-3hrs a night easily. I still suck!
Jan 17, 2017
114 posts
53 upvotes
Ruffz wrote:
May 1st, 2018 4:55 pm
Agree. Changed my setting to builder pro a few weeks ago and it is much easier to build by pressing a trigger button for the shapes rather then tabbing over to select a piece.

I am super hooked on this game. Haven't played anything in years really but since January I been putting in 2-3hrs a night easily. I still suck!
I tried switching from combat pro for a few games and switched back. Hard to relearn! And I figured I rarely die from being out-built.. mainly die to poor aiming. 126 wins and counting.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15795 posts
679 upvotes
Stouffville
I still cant really build lol.. not anywhere near the amazing ps4 streamers out there... myself, once i get into a gun fight.. i just try to out hit the guy instead of building... its just such a different game vs. any other 1st or 3rd person shooter as building is king.... i probably should have played a bunch of 50v50 when it was around to practice fast building... i changed to builder pro and it definitely helps to do quick walls and ramps but i still need to learn to build fast and to learn to build when a fight starts and to get overtop of guys to win fight battles... playing for over a month now and i am still only at around a 0.5 k/d :(

i definitely wish i had a PC that could run this game, as I KNOW i would be able to build much much faster and definitely be able to aim better as i was always good at the old school PC FPS games like UT/Q3/CS etc..

also, i do play a LOT of cross platforming with PC guys in squads and in duos... and my duo partner is really really bad.. like a 0.05 K/D lol... so that has definitely hindered my own K/D when they always die and i am stuck against 3-4 guys...

fyi about cross platform that when you do cross platform, every other squad or duo is guaranteed to have someone from PS4/XB1 in it i believe..

Furthermore, would anyone on here want to do an RFD squad? i hate doing random squads and getting ppl with no mics, ppl that do not jump with the squads, and ppl that jump tilted non stop...that has also hindered my K/D lol